[Archive] Have you got a proverb or mantra for Chaos Dwarfs? Hop on the bandwagon!

Admiral:

With both the Khaozalid Dictionary and Chaos Dwarf Songs projects having acquired quite some mass it’s time to hop onto Dawi Zharr sayings.

Have you got some words to add?

Feel free to post your contributions in the linked thread, and they’ll be added to the list! Grab the chance to leave your mark upon the language of the Chaos Dwarfs, the perhaps most mysterious, cruel and ravenous race in all of Warhammer.

Zanthrax:

Keep calm and praise Hashut

Roark:

"Stare into the coals. See there…the darkness beyond and between the light of flame. There you can glimpse the will of the Father. Do you know what I see? I see ashes in the wake of a maelstrom. I see a holy birthright carved from the land and fed to a great heat with the souls of these… things. Go now. Break their lines, kill their chieftains. Blind and bind them all and set their backs to our task. " - The Sorceror to his General.

Admiral:

Zanthrax
I've seen that one before. :cheers

Therefore, when someone come up with a fitting meaning for it which fits into the fluff, we'll add it to the list. Fire away!
"Stare into the coals. See there....the darkness beyond and between the light of flame. There you can glimpse the will of the Father. Do you know what I see? I see ashes in the wake of a maelstrom. I see a holy birthright carved from the land and fed to a great heat with the souls of these... things. Go now.  Break their lines, kill their chieftains. Blind and bind them all and set their backs to our task. " - The Sorceror to his General.

Roark
Nice one! Now we need a CD quotes thread to file it in. You can handle it if you like, but otherwise I'll set one up after the coming week's travels if I remember to. :)

Helblindi:

Some Dwarves just want to watch the world burn.

Dînadan:

Zanthrax
I've seen that one before. :cheers

Therefore, when someone come up with a fitting meaning for it which fits into the fluff, we'll add it to the list. Fire away!

Admiral
How about

Meaning: We're screwed

;P

Heavygear:

Mess with The Bull. You get the horns. Know what I’m saying?

Roark:

Yeah, sorry I didn’t read the spec properly, Admiral. That’s what happens when people with smartphones get tipsy and excitable.

Admiral:

Thanks folks! Fire away with more if you feel like it.

@Helbindi: Nice one!

@Dînadan: Perfect! :wink:

@Heavygear: Nice!

@Roark: No worries, we’ll get around to famous quotes as well in a short time I think. You lie ahead of everyone else there. :wink: Be welcome to come up with more stuff.

I’ll upload the sayings thread now.

Kera foehunter:

The fear of Kera is the beginning of Wisdom

:hat off

Admiral:

When I'm looking for a game, I throw out a simple "who's ready to face the furnace?" catch phrase and they all know Chaos Dwarfs are in the room.

Grimbold Blackhammer
That's a nice one! However, for in-universe use I think it will make itself better as a famous one-off quote, spoken during specific circumstances. Would you like to add your general's name to it (Grimbold Blackhammer I presume?) and the situation when it was used? It could be something like this example:

"Who's ready to face the furnace?
-Sorcerer-Prophet Grimbold Blackhammer during a slaving expedition, when interrupting an ongoing battle between warring Kurgan tribes in the Chaos Wastes

It'd be best if you came up with your own version, I don't want to steal that privilege from you. :)
The fear of Kera is the beginning of Wisdom
:hat off

Kera foehunter
Haha, but I doubt it would really be common enough to count as a saying. "The fear of Prophet is the beginning of wisdom" definitely work. Your version would work as a quote, however. Would you like to come up with a name for the quote-sayer? :)

Admiral:

Author names added to the list.

tjub:

Better one slave down the mine than two on the plains.

Nicodemus:

Better one slave down the mine than two on the plains.

tjub
;P

The slaves always work harder in the other mines.

A Dawi Zharr is known by the slaves that he keeps.

A burned slave dreads the fire.

Skink:

“Never play poker with Hobgoblins”.

Dînadan:

An untempered blade is as strong as the word of an Ancestor God.

To turn your back on a friend is to dig your own grave - Hobgoblin proverb.

Admiral:

Haha, nice inflow of sayings here, folks! Keep 'em coming. :wink:

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Admiral - Actually it’s “Grimbold Blackhammer - banner-bearer and keeper of the Black Hammer of Hashut” if you want to be specific :hashut    Grimbold is my Army BSB!

Admiral:

Admiral - Actually it's "Grimbold Blackhammer - banner-bearer and keeper of the Black Hammer of Hashut" if you want to be specific :hashut Grimbold is my Army BSB!

Grimbold Blackhammer
Of course. It's filed under Quotes. Feel free to come up with more, and don't miss Scribe's Contest, especially not if you like miniature prizes. ;)

Drychnath:

If at first you don’t succeed, kill a few slaves as an example.

The proof of the slave is in the beating.

Do not torture your slaves for pleasure, or you will go blind.

Trust is merely the condition necessary for betrayal. (I want to say this is Neal Stephenson originally)

Never believe a Daemon, except when they speak the truth.

Why do we knock the slave down, Dawi Zharr? So he can learn to get back to work again.

Better to place your hand in the furnace than to raise it against your superiors or hold it out to a slave.