[Archive] Heads up - huge CD army for sale soon on eBay (4.Aug '09)

Lundi:

I’m cleaning out my Warhammer stuff, including my Chaos Dwarf army, and will soon put it up on eBay, hopefully within the week. I’m starting this thread to give people a notice before the auction begins, and see if there’s any interest for the auction.

As far as I can tell, there are no “rare” models in this army, it’s all “big hats”, nothing 3rd ed or Marauder. There are also very few painted models, and none of those are worth talking about. But what is worth talking about is the sheer size of the army - It has over 40 metal axemen, almost 60 Blunderbusses and about 2 dozen Bull Centaurs. 3 of each War Machine (no Hellcannons though) and multiples of almost every character model. There are 16 Hobgoblin Archers in there and 20 Sneaky Gits, plus some Wolf Riders. The only plastic models in the army are the two dozen Chaos Dwarf Warriors and the Wolves themselves.

It’s easily enough to make a 3000 point CD army, propably more. The “average” value of the army (as based on the values found on CDO) is frankly astronomical (over $1000), but since I’m looking to sell it off in one sale, I’ll propably lower the price a bit.

I do have a few questions that I’d like answered first:

# When indexing the army, I noticed that the Citadel Miniatures section of the Chaos Dwarf “army book” didn’t list 3 of the Blunderbuss model types that are in my army. These are all models that are not pointing their guns forward - back-rankers, to be precise. Does anyone exactly how many different Blunderbuss models there are (I counted 7) and could they provide me with the model numbers for them?

# Based on what you people here have seen on eBay, what are my chances of selling such a huge lot in one go?

# I also have some Chaos Dwarf Man ‘O’ War figures in a bag here. Anyone interested in those?

Willmark:

Much like anything selling on eBay depends on one thing: finding the right person to buy it. By selling it as one huge lot 2 things. One you will (usually) get less then selling it off in pieces, and 2 lower your potential pool of buyers due to the higher initial price.

cornixt:

# When indexing the army, I noticed that the Citadel Miniatures section of the Chaos Dwarf "army book" didn't list 3 of the Blunderbuss model types that are in my army. These are all models that are not pointing their guns forward - back-rankers, to be precise. Does anyone exactly how many different Blunderbuss models there are (I counted 7) and could they provide me with the model numbers for them?

Lundi
There are 7. They are shown in the wiki on [[Chaos Dwarf Models - 4th to 7th Edition]]. They were released a while after the original 4, about the same time as Astragoth (who was also not in the WD presents book)

hashuts lil helper:

If you sell it in one go, most of the people who will buy it will only purchase it so that they can part it out. You will definately get more for it if you sell in groups of about 10, than as one huge lot. It is more hassle, but you could easily get 50% more.

Lundi:

Thanks for the replies, for from those I’ve learned three things:

# That I completely forgot about Ghazak Khan. I own the model and thought it was Oglah Khan, and that the Oglah Khan box included 6 Wolfboyz total. Silly me.

# That when I made a detailed list of my army in preparation for this sale, I guessed what type numbers the back-rankers Blunderbusses had…and I guessed correctly on all 3. Go me.

# That I’m propably better off selling the army in smaller pieces (plus that it benefits you, the collectors, so it’s a “Everybody wins” situation) but that looks to be a monumental task, especially for someone (like me) that’s never sold anything online. I’ll look into it, but that means the auction will be delayed a little bit.

I have some further questions:

# Did the “Chaos Dwarf Lord on the Great Taurus” really have a back banner? I can’t see that the model has a place to put it, let alone that they came with it. (Also, the Wiki pic for the “Sorcerer Lord On Lammasu” is missing the back banner for that model.)

# Does that CD Wiki page need those missing model photos, or have they simply not have been uploaded yet? I have some of the models that are missing pictures (All 4 Hobgoblin Archers and Ghazak Khan + Oglah Khan’s Wolfboyz, to be precise) and it would be easy for me to take photos of the models. Can’t see how I would make the background match, though.

# What would be the best (and most cost effective) way to ship a “handful” of models between countries? Disassemble the model and ship it in a zip-lock bag? Some sort of padded box? A flock of carrier pigeons?

starscream:

if you are selling the models unpainted then I find wrapping them in a bit of bubble wrap and bunging it in a jiffy bag is sufficent.

I believe the lord did have a back banner although mine doesnt and I also cant see where.

I reckon that wiki page is just being lazy as those models arent particularly difficult to get pics of (I have them also).

I can only echo the splitting down to gain more, CDs are still very sought after but most cant afford an army but would happily bid on units or part there of. Make sure you make it clear in your auctions that you have many more cds for sale and that you will combine postage for those wanting multiple lots.

Sites such as this and Bartertown, Warseer or Dakkadakka are also good for shifting minis whilst avoiding ebay fees.

I have bought my cd big hat army from ebay etc and sold many duplicates and spares. Lemme know if you want any help.

clam:

I would say bubble wrap and jiffy bags are fine. If you send fagile items like models with banners, tiny weapons etc. - wrap them in two pieces of card first - and then bubble wrap them.

and yes the taurus lord came with a banner - as shown it the army book and on the box:

And about the missing photos in the Wiki - guess it’s because I don’t have those unpainted :smiley:

The wiki has been up for ages, I even wrote a thread about it and the new pages I put on for the catalogue (check them out and tell me if you have any personal pics of the missing models, ie not GW catalog pages). There have been a few spammers hitting it in the last few days, but their pages haven’t lasted more than a day.

cornixt
in this thread: https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/10669

Guess no one have responded yet!

EDIT:

Ohh and I forgot … I’m also to belive that the last 3 BBs and Astragoth were released at the same time. They were in a catalog update in White Dwarf that came some issues after the two CD WDs (UK issue #161 and 162) - as seen here:

Gelli:

have to second Willimark & starscream on the listing of the army, I would suggest selling it off in single lots. You’ll make alot more money that way although selling it off in the big lot has the advantage off be more convenient to list. At the end of the day it’s up to you although I’d be intrested in some of those single lots :slight_smile:

Lundi:

Again, thanks for the replies. The army will be sold in smaller lots. It’s more hassle for me, but nothing I can’t handle. FYI, I’m located in Iceland and I’ll most likely put the auctions up on eBay.co.uk, as the market seems bigger there for Chaos Dwarfs.

Two questions about possible lot layouts:

# Bull Centaurs. I have 24 of them, of which 3 are Standard Bearers and only 1 is painted. Would it be better to list them in lots of 8 with a Standard Bearer in each lot, or to list the normal Bull Centaurs in smaller lots, and the Standard Bearers seperately?

# Character models: I was thinking of listing these in groups, 1 of each model type (Hero 1, Hero 2 and Sorcerer) as I have multiples of each. How does that sound? I also have multiple rider models (especially the Lord) that lack a mount. Should I list them seperately or bundle them with the other characters?

If you’d like, I could post a detailed listing of the army, so you’d know for certain what’s coming up.

clam: Thanks for the Citadel page image, and the efforts on the wiki. But I do have to express my doubts over the banner on the CD Lord. There is absolutely nothing on the back of the rider’s model to fasten it to. You’d have to either create a holder and attach that to the model, or drill a hole for the banner. Very strange.

two_heads_talking:

I would list them in lots of 4…   so 6 lots total.  3 lots would be 3 BC and 1 BC standard  and 3 lots would be 4 BC

and yes, please post up a list, you might get offers from here, before you have to deal with ebay.

I’d be interested in those sneaky gits and perhaps a hero/sorcerer or two…

Tutankhankh:

I think my post was eaten by the data vampires?

Anyway, here goes:

two_heads_talking was right that you’ll get offers if you post 'em up here before e-bay. I know I’d be interested in one of the sets of character models - the two Heroes and the Sorcerer - especially if the sorcerer is on foot.

dedwrekka:

How much were you planning on selling the whole lot for by the way?

Lundi:

dedwrekka: The plan was for the auction to have a “Buy It Now” price of £750, and the starting bid at about £350.

Below is the detailed list as I promised. I’ve yet to arrange the models into lots, this is just a hatcount.

Note: All cavalry models come on 25x50mm bases and all other models are on 25x25mm bases, unless specified. “Type” refers to the pose of the model and are based on their listing in the Citadel Miniatures catalog pages included with the “White Dwarf Presents - Chaos Dwarfs” book.

# Chaos Dwarf Lord on Great Taurus = Lord is painted, while Great Taurus has gone through a paint-stripping attempt and is not assembled. Back banner is missing. 50x50mm base included.

# Chaos Dwarf Lord on Great Taurus = Neither Lord nor Taurus are painted. Back Banner is missing, Great Taurus is not attached to base. 50x50mm base included.

# 2 Chaos Dwarf Lords in mounted position, but no mount. They are unpainted, one still has his movement tray sprue attached and no back banners are included.

# Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Lord On Lammasu - Lord is primed black, while Lammasu is painted. All parts present, and Lammasu attached to 50x50mm base.

# Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Lord On Lammasu - Neither Lord nor Lammasu are painted. All parts present. Lammasu is attached to 40x40mm base, which is then attached to a 50x50mm base via doubletape.

# 1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Lord in mounted position, but no mount. He is primed white, and the back banner is included (but not attached).

# 3 Sorcerers on foot - 1 is painted, banner missing, 1 is unpainted, banner not attached but included, 1 is primed white, includes back banner.

# 3 Chaos Dwarf Heroes on foot (Type 1) - 1 is painted, no back banner. 2 are unpainted and include back banners. No shields have been attached.

# 4 Chaos Dwarf Heroes on foot (Type 2) - 1 is painted and has a shield, but no back banner. 3 are unpainted and include back banners, shields not attached.

# 3 Leaders With Sword (Type 1) - 1 has beard painted black, 1 is primed white, 1 is unpainted.

# 1 Leader With Sword (Type 2) - Unpainted.

# 2 Hornblowers - 1 is primed white, the other unpainted.

# 1 Drummer - Unpainted.

# 2 Standard Bearer (Type 1) - Both unpainted.

# 1 Astragoth model - painted. Back banner is missing.

# 1 Hobgoblin Hero on Wolf - Unpainted. All parts present. Tail has come off wolf, but is included.

# 1 Ghazak Khan - Unpainted. All parts accounted for.

# 2 Hobgoblin Big Boss (Type 1) - Both unpainted. 1 is White Metal model and has shield attached.

# 1 Hobgoblin Drummer - Unpainted.

# 1 Hobgoblin Standard Bearer (Type 1) - Unpainted.

# 20 Sneaky Gits - All primed white, 1 partially painted. 8 models of Type 1, 8 models of Type 2, 4 models of Type 3.

# 16 Archers - All unpainted. 2 models are Type 3, 2 models Type 4, 3 models Type 5, 3 models Type 6, 3 models Type 7 and 3 models Type 8.

# 8 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders - All unpainted, though one wolf is painted red. Two wolves have lost their tails, but they are included. 1 model is Hobgoblin Big Boss (Type 1), 1 model is Hobgoblin Standard Bearer + shield, 1 model is Hobgoblin Archer Type 4. The other 5 models are from the Oglah Khan’s Wolfboyz pack, including Oglah Khan, his Command Group + 1 more model, all parts accounted for.

# Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower - Unpainted and made of White Metal. Fully assembled and includes crew.

# Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower - Unpainted and made of White Metal. Fully assembled and includes crew

# Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower - Is unassembled and is missing bits “Left Side” and “Towing Ring” but has a spare “Windlass”. Crew is included.

# 24 Plastic “Single pose” Chaos Dwarf Warriors - Unpainted. Comes with 3 Chaos Dwarf Shield Transfer sheets.

# 44 Axemen - 8 are painted, 21 primed white, rest unpainted. No shields attached. 9 models are Type 1, 13 Type 2, 11 Type 3 and 11 Type 4.

# 58 Blunderbusses - 2 are painted, 2 are primed black, 14 primed white, rest unpainted. One model has its base sprue missing and comes with a slotless base. 9 are Type 1, 11 Type 2, 10 Type 3, 9 Type 4, 4 Type 5, 7 Type 6 and 8 Type 7.

# 24 Bull Centaurs - 1 is painted, 1 is primed white, rest is unpainted and White Metal. 3 models are Standard Bearers, of which 1 is unnassembled. 5 are Type 1, 3 are Type 2, 5 are Type 4, 4 are Type 5 (of which 1 is unassembled) and 4 are Type 6. No shields have been attached.

# Earthshaker Cannon - Painted. Wheels glued on, but one has come off and is included. The bits “Banner pole”, “Cannon crank”, “Cannon shell” and “Shell platform” are missing. Shell Carrier 2 is included (unpainted) but rest of crew is missing.

# Earthshaker Cannon - Primed white, all bits included. Full crew.

# Earthshaker Cannon - Painted, but is missing the Master Gunner crewman. Banner pole is broken, but included.

# Death Rocket - Painted, all bits included and crew.

# Death Rocket - Unpainted, all bits included, but is missing crew member Rocket Launcher Loader.

# Death Rocket - Unpainted, missing both crew members and bit “Rocket Launcher Crank”.

Lundi:

bump

And the army is up on eBay.co.uk This link should take you to the items I’m currently selling. 44 auctions in total. (It was a pain setting them all up.)

The good news? There’s an extra entry in there from the above list, a Black Orc Command Group + 1 extra Black Orc. I only just dug them up a few days ago.

The bad news? biklinictoo has already found the auctions…

two_heads_talking:

*bump*

And the army is up on eBay.co.uk This link should take you to the items I'm currently selling. 44 auctions in total. (It was a pain setting them all up.)

The good news? There's an extra entry in there from the above list, a Black Orc Command Group + 1 extra Black Orc. I only just dug them up a few days ago.

The bad news? biklinictoo has already found the auctions...

Lundi
I think you can ban people from bidding.. I'm not positive though.. I really wish you had posted them up here first.. but oh well.. good luck.

cricketofdeth:

I just wanted to say hey, and let yall know that biklinictoo wont be getting any cheap CD from your auctions. i have already bid on most of them, and will end up bidding on the rest later.

Pyro Stick:

# I also have some Chaos Dwarf Man 'O' War figures in a bag here. Anyone interested in those?

Lundi
Almost missed that. Im interested. Ill send you a pm
The bad news? biklinictoo has already found the auctions...

Lundi
Its possible to block members from bidding. I think biklinictoo and theessexgirl have been blocked from every one of my auctions for about 2 years now.

Lundi:

I would like to take the opportunity to apologize to all of those that sent me Private Messages before the auctions went up. Seems that both this site and my browser conspired to keep silent about me getting these messages, so I didn’t notice them until about 5 minutes ago. If it hadn’t been for a notification for the latest PM sent to me, I propably would never have seen the others.