[Archive] Hellbound SKULLCRACKER (wip... again ;) )

Barth:

This time I made a skullcracker :hat off

It’s still work in progress (like I said in thread tittle - again :wink: )

My materials:

- rests from soulgrinder/destroyer

- ork deffkopta

- parts from ork trukk (I think…)

- some other strange things from my kitchen :slight_smile:

Base size 60x100, I need to work with green stuff, add arrows, skulls, rivets and other. And definitely more  smokestacks and pipes :wink:

Enjoy:cheers

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Amazing conversion so far! Looks like you won’t have any space to put the crew on, though. Is your skullcrusher going to be automated? :slight_smile:

Barth:

Remember, it’s hellbound skulckracker :wink:

I’ve got some idea about crew but now it’s a secret :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

aka_mythos:

I think its a great start… I agree it needs a crew or something similar… and I think the tubes you used for the majority of the Skullcracker needs more details. Since you already have defiler I’d recommend you take some of the spike bits from vehicle accessory sprue, cut them down to the spear points and place them around to add more to it… Whether you do that or not I think those tubes need rivets which go a long way to help unify the those tubes to the defiler bits and make it on the whole more cohesive.

dromar:

Nice! but why don’t you use a soul grinder upper body and a magic vortex to build a K’daai destroyer?

Taurian:

Not to make light of this, but at first glance it made me think that it looks like some kind of hellish automated dental assistant from the Little Shop of Horrors. Then again, so does the FG version, so I guess you must be on the right track!

theforgefather:

how are you so good at kit bashing?!!

Barth:

Nice! but why don't you use a soul grinder upper body and a magic vortex to build a K'daai destroyer?

dromar
I did :)
I think its a great start... I agree it needs a crew or something similar... and I think the tubes you used for the majority of the Skullcracker needs more details. Since you already have defiler I'd recommend you take some of the spike bits from vehicle accessory sprue, cut them down to the spear points and place them around to add more to it... Whether you do that or not I think those tubes need rivets which go a long way to help unify the those tubes to the defiler bits and make it on the whole more cohesive.

aka_mythos
it's still wip, everything on the way ;P
how are you so good at kit bashing?!!

theforgefather
that was quite easy, two hours of cutting and gluing (again ;) ).

Thanx for comments :hat off

BeeZharr:

This is utterly brilliant. Love it.

tjub:

Looks cool!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Castellan:

Why buy a Forgeworld Skullcracker when you can make a model as awesome as this? Really great job. :slight_smile:

-Castellan

Ohiohammer:

Why buy a Forgeworld Skullcracker when you can make a model as awesome as this? Really great job. :)

-Castellan

Castellan
I absoluteky agree..... this is a fantastic work in progress!

Bassman:

I love everything but tracks. I think they are too high tech for a fantasy setting but the rest is really cool.

I’m really longing to see what’s coming up. Maybe some daemon flesh and tentacles coming out from the main body? :wink:

and yes, smokestakes are reaally needed… maybe I can give you the copyright for my smoke technique :smiley:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3392&page=15

:cheers

Mr Saturday:

Oooh, I likes it. The tanks and tubing are really nice. Looks a lot more resilient than the FW skullcracker too…

JonJon:

very nice

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Mr Saturday:

Oooh, I likes it. The tanks and tubing are really nice. Looks a lot more resilient than the FW skullcracker too…