[Archive] hellcannon fluff

jolpis:

does a hellcannon without wheels still rampage (not talking about rules here) since it cant move without wheels the deamon can get as angry as it wants, but not get anywhere or does it magically ram the closest

enemy?

Kera foehunter:

i say if it shoots daemon energy. it could use the daemon energy to hover or move

the chains are what keep it from moving . maybe the ooze that come out will make it move

sota like on ghost buster 2 statute of Liberty

wallacer:

Why would a Hell Cannon not have wheels?

But at any rate, I guess if it had no wheels the Daemon could still move the machine forward by sheer strength of will alone (sort of like either teleporting or telekinesis).

Kera foehunter:

well at least you hopeful out run it with out wheels

jolpis:

ye i guess that it moves away magically great one about floating on ichor/ slime,

Kera foehunter:

what about magnet energy ??? sorta like it feed on good energy and draws it like a magnet??

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I think it would just blow up in frustration instead.

jolpis:

thats possible… but not as fun =)

Tarrakk Blackhand:

maybe the ooze that come out will make it move
sota like on ghost buster 2 statute of Liberty

Kera
As long as we don't have to play the song "You're love lifts me higher and higher"! One of the worst scenes in GB2.

Kera foehunter:

no, it be more like funky town

Swissdictator:

I could see it flailing about wildly still somehow moving… perhaps being more damaging.

I could also see it growing spider legs and becoming sentient and seeking out creatures to kill as an obsidian color skin overcomes it with a slightly glossy look and it screams within your mind as it goes past seeking out its victims.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Call of Chthulu time!

Revlid:

How does a Hellcannon move with wheels?

It floats.

It grows wheels of bone and sinew.

Metal wheels fold out, transformer style.

It grows limbs and drags itself along.

It grows tentacles and starts lashing around.

It teleports through a warp gate.

It vents daemonic energy, resulting in a rocket-boost along the battlefield.

It shifts into its new position like a slug.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Don’t forget that it could be that it’s on Skiis.

Swissdictator:

Actually Blackhand I was thinking of the Shadow Vessels from Babylon 5 with my description. I could see the Hellcannon taking on MANY qualities.

One of these days I want to paint armor like the skin of those ships… that’d look cool.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Actually Blackhand I was thinking of the Shadow Vessels from Babylon 5 with my description. I could see the Hellcannon taking on MANY qualities.

One of these days I want to paint armor like the skin of those ships... that'd look cool.

Swissdictator
That's gotta be really hard. I have yet to see one battlecrab mini that's painted to convincingly simulate the "living skin" effect of the ships in the show. ;)

CheTralfara:

What you’re forgetting is that the CDs use the wheels to get the Hellcannons to the battlefield, and to place their cannons in strategic locations. It would have to be a permanently mounted hellcannon in order for it to be practical for it to not have wheels. If it were permanently mounted as a part of some kind of castle or something, I’d imagine it would be at risk of falling apart or exploding. I could also see the whole thing start bursting then bouncing forward around on it’s sharp corners as it bursts out of it’s foundation.

.nick

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I wonder if there’s a REAL cannon without wheels and what it’s used for. I can’t think of any as a ship’s gun would have the small wheels while a field gun or artillery gun, would have the large wheels for moving over rough ground.