[Archive] Hellcannon has a ward save!

Hashut’s Scion:

All,

unless the WD#355 is wrong, the HC still has a ward save of 5+. In the article “Warhammer Tactica: The Machines of War”, page 55, 2nd column, 2 paragraph, last sentence states, “Oh,and it’s got a 5+ ward save”. So, I am assuming that they still consider it to be a demon, and thus gets a ward save that is common to ALL demons. Thus, our daemonic engines have just got a little bit tougher.

Be aware, this is the NEW issue of WD.

Thommy H:

Nope. Not according to the WoC book.

Hashut’s Scion:

Be aware the WD 355 is the August 2009 issue, ie the brand spanking NEW book. Not saying it is correct, but is has just been released.

Thommy H:

Then they made a mistake I guess. It used to have a 5+ Ward save in the Storm of Chaos rules, I think, but I have the WoC book right here and there’s nothing about a 5+ Ward save. So unless this is an errata or an FAQ, then I’m afraid the rules in the actual book are what count.

Baggronor:

Be aware the WD 355 is the August 2009 issue, ie the brand spanking NEW book.  Not saying it is correct, but is has just been released.
WD is notoriously inaccurate. When they released DEs, the guy writing the article said the Hydra breath weapon was STR 7 (he had wounds mixed up with attacks) for example. Unless it says it is specifically a correction or errata, it doesn't override the WoC book.

Kera foehunter:

well eather way i might have to check it out

snowblizz:

Be aware the WD 355 is the August 2009 issue, ie the brand spanking NEW book. Not saying it is correct, but is has just been released.
WD is notoriously inaccurate. When they released DEs, the guy writing the article said the Hydra breath weapon was STR 7 (he had wounds mixed up with attacks) for example. Unless it says it is specifically a correction or errata, it doesn't override the WoC book.

Baggronor
Yeah.
The author of the HE armybok did not know that great weapons on chariots were only +1S not 2... the bat reps are filled with errors more often than not.

There's no general "demonic" rules, only rules for deamons in DoC. Remember that the WoC Deamon Prince does not have magical attacks and his ward save isn't de to a demonic rule.

"White Dwarf said" is only marginally better than "I called GW's rules people" in an argument.

turquois dwarf:

it looks like a mistake. I just checked in the white dwarf and warriors of chaos. it does have a 4+ armour save though which is almost as good :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Another example of an incorrect mention s that Bane weapons in War of the Ring are re-roll To Hit rolls if failed, whereas they give you +1 to your To Hit rolls.

It cold wel be in an errata, but if not, then it doesn’t, I’m afraid. Also, we can’t officially use the Hellcannon (only as a house rule, can we), so it doesn’t make our war machines better. sorry.