[Archive] Help out the Headtaker Globetrotters trot the globe!

Admiral:

For a converted great weapon horde of Titan Wargames Royal Guard I’ve sculpted a slew of trophies, and heads in particular, hanging from the miniatures’ backs (pictures when good camera is bought/unit is finished).

They’re obviously collective proof for the unit’s global slaughter and war experience. Gotta have something special for your elite regiment. In this unit I’ve tried to cover almost every nation and race in the Warhammer world, but there are still some blank spots that needs to be filled in before the whole unit is basecoated.

Any suggestions for the last spots will be much appreciated.

Here’s a list of the sculpted trophy heads’ origins:

Halfling
Wood Elf
Dark Elf
High Elf
Dwarf (twice)
Chaos Dwarf
Hobgoblin
Night Goblin
Goblin
Gnoblar
Orc (hand instead of head due to the greenskin’s size)
Skaven
Beastman
Chameleon Skink (Lizardman)
Medusa
Lustrian Amazon
Lustrian Pygmy Halfling
Zoat
Fimir
Khemri
Ghoul (Vampire Counts)
Skull
Southlands
Norsca/Chaos Wastes (two or more)
Ind
Cathay
Nippon
Hinterlands of Kuresh (based on a googled picture of an Indonesian warrior)
Araby
Albion (truthsayer)
Bretonnia
Tilea
Sartosa
Estalia
Empire (at least one)
City-state of Marienburg
Kislev
Ungol

At the risk of having forgotten something, that’s the list of completed trophies. Squig is planned, and possibly Ogre or Troll babies’ heads might turn up, but I’m not too keen on larger-than Orc species. Likewise, Daemons can’t be included since they disappear into the Realm of Chaos at destruction. Too niche heads are not probable to make it, and potential Fishmen can’t be included because they lack miniatures or artwork.

Do you have any more ideas for these bloodthirsty stunty tourists?

Come with a good enough suggestion and it’ll be included! :hat off

thewizardofoz:

For a converted great weapon horde of Titan Wargames Royal Guard I've sculpted a slew of trophies, and heads in particular, hanging from the miniatures' backs (pictures when good camera is bought/unit is finished).

They're obviously collective proof for the unit's global slaughter and war experience. Gotta have something special for your elite regiment. In this unit I've tried to cover almost every nation and race in the Warhammer world, but there are still some blank spots that needs to be filled in before the whole unit is basecoated.

Any suggestions for the last spots will be much appreciated.

Here's a list of the sculpted trophy heads' origins:

Halfling
Wood Elf
Dark Elf
High Elf
Dwarf (twice)
Chaos Dwarf
Hobgoblin
Night Goblin
Goblin
Gnoblar
Orc (hand instead of head due to the greenskin's size)
Skaven
Beastman
Lizardman
Fimir
Khemri
Zombie (Vampire Counts)
Southlands
Norsca/Chaos Wastes (two or more)
Ind
Cathay
Nippon
Araby
Albion (truthsayer)
Bretonnia
Tilea
Sartosa
Estalia
Empire (at least one)
City-state of Marienburg

At the risk of having forgotten something, that's the list of completed trophies. Planned ones include Medusa, Zoat and possibly Ogre or Troll babies' heads, but I'm not too keen on larger-than Orc species. Likewise, Daemons can't be included since they disappear into the Realm of Chaos at destruction. Too niche heads are not probable to make it, and potential Fishmen can't be included because they lack miniatures or artwork.

Do you have any more ideas for these bloodthirsty stunty tourists?

Come with a good enough suggestion and it'll be included! :hat off

Admiral
Skeletons - not only does this cover skeleton warriors but then covers anything you have forgotten "You've forgotten Albion, no I haven't - that's an Albion skull over there!" See

Admiral:

Sorry, the Avatars of War Chaos Dwarf and possibly one of the converted ones as well already have a skull. I didn’t thought it was worth mentioning, since skulls grows on trees in Warhammer.

Try another one. :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Chaos Dwarf? Rivals after all :wink:

And whatever happened to the fabled pickled daemon head?

1 Like

Admiral:

List updated, because I originally forgot some heads. Freshly sculpted Medusa trophy added.

@Hashut’s Blessing: You got to have civil war! Yes, what about the pickled Daemon head? Please enlighten me. Is it an old classic? I haven’t heard of it before. :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Trying to rack my aging gravel-addled brain to recall where it first came up. It may have originally been fan-fluff, but I think GW published it as well afterwards. Essentially, it was/is a daemon head (bloodletter, I think - or it might just always be what I thought of it as) that got pickled to prevent it disappearing back into the realm of Chaos - but it’s a great way of showing our mastery of daemon-binding. I think it was kept in a burlap sack.

Really wish I could remember the specifics.

Admiral:

Haha, that’s as I suspected then. As you point out, it’s also a good idea to drive home the point of Daemon-mastery. Perhaps a studded iron band around the forehead with a rune of binding plate could be used to hint at what keeps the Daemon head in the realworld.  Suddenly I find myself with a need for more head spots to use all the new ideas, whereas I before had a need for head ideas.

As it stands, I’ll try to squeeze in a Snotling corpse, a Squig, a pickled Daemon head, one Werewolf head and one Gargoyle head as well. Perhaps even a Snakeman head if there’s a good place for it.

Fuggit Khan:

How about some Nurglings? Not really sure if they are Daemons or not (as opposed to animated putrid ‘whatchamacallits’)…but some Nurgling corpses would be nice.

Or how about a Savage Orc shrunken head? Keeps in the theme and size wise it would fit :sick

Admiral:

Haha, Fuggit Khan, that’s great ideas. I had some vague thoughts in both of those direction earlier, but didn’t explore it sufficiently to notice it’d work. Now that you put it in black and white, it’s obviously great ideas. The pickled Daemon could be a Nurgling, and a shrunken Savage Orc head could, perhaps, be snuck in on one of the four remaining candidates. There’s already an unintentional shrunken Nippon head in there. Damn scaling…

Sad thing is, I’m running out of miniatures to behead- no, that should be bedeck with heads, right? Anyhow, your suggestions are welcome and will be fitted in if possible.