[Archive] Help with 2250 torny list please

Mian:

Hi guys,

Could you please help me with my list. this is one of the current versions.

Mostly I would like you opinion on whether 2 units of wolf riders is over the top and are 10 Black orcs ok? but any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Lord

Hammer

Armor of Furnace

Taurus

Bull centaur hero (BSB)

Sward of might

Armor of Gazrahk

Lvl 2 sorcerer

Lvl 2 Sorcerer - dispel

19 Warriors - full command

10 warriors - Great weapons

17 warriors - blunderbuss

10 wolf riders - musician, full kit.

10 wolf riders - musician, full kit.

10 hobo gobs - naked

10 hobo gobs - naked

10 Black orcs - full command, GW’s

4X bolt throwers

Earth Shaker

5 Centaurs - HA

PLEASE !

Swissdictator:

The problem I see with this list is that there is a lot of easy points.

Wolf Riders, and the great weapon unit are very easy points. The problem I had with wolf riders currently is that at 10+… they tend to be expensive for what they are… and a big easy points goal. I’d drop one… and use the points to build up your warrior unit. Either to give them soft rest and numbers or to go Hw/Sh with full command.   I find Dwarfs with Great Weapons to not be worth it, as they rarely get a charge, and will be cut down (with only a base 5+ save) without difficulty leaving few attacks back.

Those Bull Centaurs will be hard hitting shock troops, though be wary of lone characters or characters in chariots (War Alter, some Corpse Carts) as they will render the rest of the unit all but useless as they won’t attack if your BC character in there. Consider giving them a banner and warbanner to add to the shock value. Even without all that, giving them at least a musician is worthwhile to ensure you don’t get beat by some lowly drummer… and to get +1 to rally from a freak flight.

Both the GW block, and wolf riders can fall victim and give away quite a bit of points from one good magic missile or one good volley from shooters… especially against anything S4+ or armor piercing.

Chaos Dwarf infantry works best denying wounds, holding, providing soft res until something fighty like Black Orcs, Bull Centaurs, or Lord on Taurus can slam in and chop up the enemy from the flank or rear.

Another consideration is swapping two bolt throwers (and points from a wolf rider unit) for a death rocket. Rockets can do more damage against infantry units (and there are a lot of deadly infantry out there)… and still deny a save. They might drift, but they’re more reliable then a Hobgob firing a bolt. Plus a drift isn’t always a miss. Rockets can also be more dangerous on heavy cav as if they’re only one deep… you can still potentially kill a few as opposed to just one. Plus if a bolt fails to wound (or they make a ward save) the bolt stops. Having the variety, will also be a big boost and give you more flexibility.

For the Black Orcs, remember they’re “armed to the teef’” so they always have the option of GW or extra hand weapon! :smiley: I’d drop the banner, as giving up 100 VP if they flee… is a big shift… they should be going for raw killing power, or being used as part of a trap or combo charge. I’d recommend deploying them 6 wide, you might give up a rank, but most likely by the time they hit there will be at least one dead Orc anyways. Throw the extra guy out, for the extra two choppa attacks or extra GW attack.

Mian:

Hey Swiss,

Some GREAT advise there!

It was what i was thinking about the wolf riders … just needed to hear someone else say it!

do you think earthr shaker, rocket, and four bolts would be too much?

also that do you mean by “Throw the extra guy out, for the extra two choppa attacks or extra GW attack.”

Cheers :slight_smile:

Swissdictator:

Shaker, Rocket, and four bolts would be a bit much anywhere, and even more so in the area I play.

Shaker, rocket, and two bolt throwers would be strong, but not over the top if you only have one unit of blunderbuss. It’d be tournament level, and possibly friendly game acceptable too depending on the mentality of your fellow gamers. For friendly games I’d just bounce it off them first at least, so you know what they think.

Mian:

Great, Thanks Swiss!

Here is my new list, what do you guys think??? I like it - full credit to swiss!

Lord

Hammer

Armor of Furnace

Sheild

Taurus

Bull centaur hero (BS

Sward of might

Armor of Gazrahk

Lvl 2 sorcerer - Stone

Lvl 2 Sorcerer - dispel

20 Warriors - full command

19 Warriors - full command