[Archive] help with Devoted of Slaanesh

Merchant:

Hellow my fellow Warhammer players :slight_smile:

I have started (well, it is on the drawingboard:rolleyes:) a Cult of Slaanesh. And are having some problems with main unit - the Devoted of Slannesh, I really wanna make the unique…

And so here is my question:

1). Do anyone of you know what parts the new plastic Daemonettes comes in (I mean, are the heads, arms, bodys legs - seperated from the start)

2). How hard du you think it is to remove a witch elves head with the hair from the figure?

I hope that some of you can help me, cheers Merchant :cheers

Ghrask Dragh:

The new deamonettes are in parts… heads, claws and the bodies are abit strange though the torso’s and one leg and the other leg and the tail are on a seperate piece :~

I’m not sure about the witch elves but anything slaanesh has to involve the new deamonettes IMO… they are gorgeous!! :smiley:

Merchant:

The new deamonettes are in parts... heads, claws and the bodies are abit strange though the torso's and one leg and the other leg and the tail are on a seperate piece :~

I'm not sure about the witch elves but anything slaanesh has to involve the new deamonettes IMO... they are gorgeous!! :D

Ghrask Dragh
Well mate, it is because it is elves that have devoted themselves to Slaanesh instead of Khaine - and thats why I wanna give them some elven-kind-a-look :)

- But thanks mate, it was just what I needed to hear (about the deamonettes). it makes it al lthe more easy for me to make them, later on :cheers

snowblizz:

Note on the claws though, the shoulders and upper arms are attached to the body, more or less from the elbow and down is the “loose” part.
Pics of the sprues:
EDIT:
Better pics
http://spruepics.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=daemons&action=display&thread=52

grom:

I had one a commission work to make devotees of slaanesh from old metal witch elves, here you can have a look:

CoolMiniOrNot - Devoted of Slaanesh by Arekarkadiusz

CoolMiniOrNot - Devoted of Slaanesh by Arekarkadiusz

dedwrekka:

Hellow my fellow Warhammer players :)

I have started (well, it is on the drawingboard:rolleyes:) a Cult of Slaanesh. And are having some problems with main unit - the Devoted of Slannesh, I really wanna make the unique...

And so here is my question:
1). Do anyone of you know what parts the new plastic Daemonettes comes in (I mean, are the heads, arms, bodys legs - seperated from the start)

2). How hard du you think it is to remove a witch elves head with the hair from the figure?

I hope that some of you can help me, cheers Merchant :cheers

Merchant
Removing the witch elf head shouldn't be too hard (pretty thin neck joins and hair), but all of them have hair that extends down their back so expect needing a good greenstuff job to cover up for it.

Merchant:

Note on the claws though, the shoulders and upper arms are attached to the body, more or less from the elbow and down is the "loose" part.
Pics of the sprues:
EDIT:
Better pics
http://spruepics.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=daemons&action=display&thread=52

snowblizz
Oh thanks mate, it was a great help - to see the parts :)
It helps me alot - to start my work.
I had one a commission work to make devotees of slaanesh from old metal witch elves, here you can have a look.

grom
I like them, but I'll try to give them a more demonic look - but still keep the Elven-feeling about it.
Removing the witch elf head shouldn't be too hard (pretty thin neck joins and hair), but all of them have hair that extends down their back so expect needing a good greenstuff job to cover up for it.

dedwrekka
Well I have been looking round for some easiers ways to do it, but I might have to do some more GS work - before I start working on them...

- Do anyone have some experients with the concept of removing the heads from the WE???

CheTralfara:

Grom, what are the base models you used to make those slaaneshii elves?

by the way, i think the Dark Elf range could help you out a lot with making Dark Elves that have a more upgraded look to their armour via the influence of chaos (the chaos powers have a unique ability of gifting their champions/warriors with beautifully curved and ornate armour).

.nick

grom:

Grom, what are the base models you used to make those slaaneshii elves?

CheTralfara
6th edition Witch Elves

Baggronor:

Hmmm removing the Witch Elf heads would be a right pain I think. I would remove the hair completely then sculpt it all back, otherwise it will be hard to get it looking seamless. Then again I am a perfectionist.

If you’re not fussed about them being tournament legal, Rackham have some very cool female warriors, as I’m sure you have seen at some point.

confrontation.fr

confrontation.fr

confrontation.fr

confrontation.fr

confrontation.fr

Merchant:

Baggronor >> well mate, I have been around that figure range. but then again I’ll like to do them the other way, by using the witch elves - and I have a problem with GS. I an’t that good of sculpting hair, like that… But I was thinking, what if you cut of their heads andtry to get a cutter in between the hair and there backs - do you think that will work to get it lose???