[Archive] help with including a bull taurus ( no mount )

Doombeard:

heres the deal i want a bull taurus with no mount in my army does it use a rare or special choice? and how many points ? thanks !

Uzkul Werit:

A Great Taurus must be taken as an upgrade for a Chaos Dwarf Lord. It may not be taken seperately.

Canix:

Not since white dwarf presents Chaos Dwarfs when monsters could be taken as mounts and as monsters but then the choice was massive:hashut

Tallhat:

Chimera, Cockatrice, 3 types of dragon, Griffon, Hippogriff, Hydra Gigantic Spider, Manticore, Wyvern, Giant Scorpion and of course the Lammasu and Taurus to be exact. I always found it rather amusing that you could plant your mighty Vampire or Chaos Lord on a Cockatrice :slight_smile:

- Tallhat

zagor66:

Imagine an undead cockatrice.

cornixt:

I planned to stick my CD lord on a giant scorpion but couldn’t get hold of the model.

zagor66:

Why not a tomb scorpion modelled with green stuff?

cornixt:

This was about 10 years ago, there were no tomb scorpions. There was a scorpion model but it was never in the shops I went to.

I have a filled in Tomb Scorpion that I am going to use as a mount for a forest goblin character in my O&G army (as a Gigantic Spider replacement). I made it originally for my undead Goblin army.

zagor66:

Have you seen the production for the new forest goblin boss on giant spider?Due for december , in the new white dwarf magazine.

cornixt:

Yep, but my budget and time allowance isn’t stretching that far at the moment. Maybe I’ll cave when I see it in person.

zagor66:

Its okay , still needs some work on the head and body.:mask

Tallhat:

It needs a hat :slight_smile:

- Tallhat

wallacer:

Hypothetically, if a Bull Taurus were uncluded I would think he would use up a hero slot like a Dragon. I don’t really think they’re monsters as such.

hal:

What about this scorpion? It’s been out for well over a decade.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=COMP029903315&orignav=9