[Archive] High Toughness on Iron Daemon?

tenebre:

so you can get a T 7/8 on this thing and i keep reading people stating it is impossible to wound at that T level.

However the rule book chart says a S1 can would a T10 on a 6+

so it seems to me that a 6 is a wound no matter what the toughness is. Can anyone explain to me why this is not the case?

Dînadan:

I think it could just be people exaggerating because of how hard it is to wound (coupled with the fact that Sod’s law will have sixes come up most often when you need to roll a 2+ and hardly ever when you need a six).

Will have to check my older edition rulebooks, my 40k rulebooks, and my LotR rulebooks, but I think in older editions and/or 40k and/or LotR you need(ed) high strength to wound high toughness so it might also be people remembering the wrong To Wound chart(s).

snowblizz:

Will have to check my older edition rulebooks, my 40k rulebooks, and my LotR rulebooks, but I think in older editions and/or 40k and/or LotR you need(ed) high strength to wound high toughness so it might also be people remembering the wrong To Wound chart(s).

Dînadan
The older editions had a wound chart where low S couldn't wound high T.
Also 40k, at least so far. New edition might change that.

tenebre:

too true about Sod law! hahaha i m the constant butt of the joke on bad rolls :stuck_out_tongue: 3+ to hit will results in 20% success somehow

Bloodbeard:

You’ll always hit on a natural 6. I like that. Strength is of more importance than weapon skill.

Hellbound Iron Demon, T8, W8. Hard to kill, even for the biggest of guys. It won’t hurt them in return though.

Not impossible to kill, but demands a lot of good rolls from the attacker.