[Archive] Hitler finds out Michael Jackson has died (YouTube)

wallacer:

Xander:

I lol’d.

What movie is that clip taken from? :slight_smile:

Alan the evil:

I don’t know if the title was literaly traslated for american movie version but the original title (obviously in german) is “the fallen” - Der Untergang.

cornixt:

It’s from Downfall, a film about a theoretical world after Germany win WW2 and Hitler grows old. I recorded it but lost the copy before I could watch it. It is supposed to be very good.

Grimstonefire:

It is very good.  Probably the best portrayal of him. Carlyle and Hopkins don’t even compare, and they were quite good.  Worth watching.

I’m fairly sure it is the ‘true’ history though of the final days. He does die.

GRNDL:

Downfall is a dramatization of Hitler’s last days in his bunker with all his cronies, not what happens after the war.  Alan the Evil is correct, its untranslated title is “Der Untergang”.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363163/

tjub:

It's from Downfall, a film about a theoretical world after Germany win WW2 and Hitler grows old. I recorded it but lost the copy before I could watch it. It is supposed to be very good.

cornixt
Might you be thinking of this one, Fatherland?

Bassman:

Great video! Poor Adolf, not only he lost the war but also suffered the loss of Michael! :slight_smile:

And yes the movie is about hte last days of Hitler in the bunker during the battle of Berlin at the end of the war. Fatherland is a novel describing a fictional world after Nazis won the war… I still prefer the “night of the swastika” a novel written BEFORE the war. Really instructive how some people understand what would happen even before the holocaust…

cornixt:

I must have mixed the two. Might have helped if I’d actually managed to see it!

The MJ version is pretty funny.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

LOL - I had to turn off the sound to watch it, otherwise it won’t work for a German native speaker. :wink:

Bruno Ganz’ depiction of Hitler is clearly the best, but I found Hopkins very good too. Carlyle was just bad.

Kera foehunter:

There a Kera spotting at 119 min

i

Tarrakk Blackhand:

That was funny!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

snowblizz:

:D:D:D

Excellent use of a very very good film. Definitely recommended. In fact I’m getting an urge to watch it again now…

And German is totally the best language to be angry in.