[Archive] Hive Fleet Cthulhu

EvilClown:

Hey folks,

I guess I should be saying here why I chose the army for this log, what is the fluff behind it, etc. But, I simply can not be bothered, so I’ll go straight to the piccies:

Genestealer Cult Magus (for now)

Same thingy but from different angle

I’ll try and do both a Nid army and a Genestealer Cult army at the same time, as well as my Daemons and possibly my Halloween army as well…

Anyways, thoughts anyone?:slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

Omg its davy jones!!! So what did you use as a head Evil Clown???

i like that sooooooooooooooo much

Willmark:

He who shall not be named is pleased, but says you need to adjust the focus a bit…

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking good. I thought you had a slightly different idea :wink: I say your background and fluff and reasoning should be: because you wanted to and it’s cool etc :smiley:

GRNDL:

Cthulhu is never out of style!!! I like it!! I too, would like to know what you are using as the head bit. It looks like a lictor head, but its plastic? I didn’t think there were any lictor plastics, so now I’m curious… I could put that bit to good use.

Hashut’s Blessing:

It’s the head of a genestealer.

GRNDL:

After some research, it looks like its a feeder tentacle upgrade for a genestealer which is why I could never see it, unless I was looking at the sprue itself. So, you only get 2 of those heads per genestealer box?

wallacer:

If you’re doing a Cthulhu themed force you should try and find a way to get hold of this bad boy:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

As the magus is supposed to be the cult’s contact person to the wider public, I would stick to the bald-head style for him and give the cthulhuid appearance to the patriarch instead. But the idea behind the army seems nice.

EvilClown:

Cheers for the comments, folks:cheers

@ GRNDL: Yeah unfortunately, there are indeed only two of such heads in the Genestealer box… which is why I’m now sculpting those tentacles myself (pics coming soon).

@ wallacer::o Must…have…cool…model!! I’m looking on that site now (of Horrorclix), and they do seem to make lotsa cool stuff… Kinda surprised I didn’t know of that before… Cheers a lot!:cheers

@ Ishkur Cinderhat: I know, I had considered that, but this the Magus in battle - revealing his true form. Plus, it would be remiss NOT to have the leader be a Cthulhu-ish creature himself IMO:)

I’ll hopefully post more pics later today.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Well the patriarch is the actual leader of the cult anyway… the magus is merely his minion. :wink: Which rules set are you gonna use for this army?

GRNDL:

@Wallacer

That model is mostly only available on eBay I think nowadays as it was a ComicCon exclusive. I managed to snag one through a local retailer who could pull strings and it is a beautiful model. Not quite to scale for 40k though, unless you need a Bio-Titan! :slight_smile:

EvilClown:

Hey again,

It’s update time! I made some more tentacle faces, although in this case, I made them meself - so obviously, the quality isn’t as good as the official model, but it’s good practise nonetheless:)

Anyway, just scroll down a bit and ignore the Space Pigs:

Do you fear Death?

@ Ishkur: I have a Cult list on my pc, the one from a White Dwarf ages ago I think:)

So, thoughts?

Kyte:

The magus looks awfully familiar.

Thanks

- Kyte

Knight Of Awsome:

wow, thats some cool genestealer you got there. Have fun making the largest army every!

EvilClown:

Update time:cheers

I think I’ll call him 'Spidey’

Pic’s a but blurry, but you get the idea.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking good. Especially spidey. The one I love most though, is the one devoruing someone’s head with the tentacles :smiley:

AGPO:

@wallacer: OMG I think I just found my new daemon prince of Nurgle

Kera foehunter:

He so cute i like spidey.

Vasquez:

You just made the “nids” more cool than I ever thought they’d be :slight_smile: Love the idea of a Genestealer Cult - Cthulhu style :wink: Keep 'em coming! I’d like to see some cultists with hoods and tentacles… any plans for that maybe?? By the way, I just noticed that these guys have a Cthulhu-like standard (maybe you can use it for something):

Vote Cthulhu!