[Archive] Hobby Group Auxillia Work

Admiral:

Snapped this poor picture in a rush during an ongoing major sorting, cleaning and moving of furniture job in the family. An old sculpt of a Moria Goblin corpse lying amid rubble, its dessicated bones still draped in fraying clothes and with frail hair still clinging to its skull. Based on the imagery of Dwarf skeletons in Khazad-Dûm, with a WHFB High Elf for scale reference.

Death to the Goblins!

Admiral:

Platypus Ogre done for Eisenhans during a tournament. Tail sculpted in car:

Abecedar:

Awesome. Do not forget the poisonous spur on the rear legs

Admiral:

Thanks, Abecedar! Good catch. I added a ridiculously sized spur with little relation to reality, for comic underscoring of the poison sput.

A Dark Eldar turned into an Eldar Fire Dragon converted for my brother. He thoroughly checked the Dark Eldar sprues back when they were new, and meticulously came up with ways to turn all manner of DE weaponry into Eldar Aspect Warriors with a little converting. More to come:

Also, a team of ottermen converted from Skaven Blood Bowl players for Eisenhans. Quick-sculpted in car and at tournaments as per anatomical instructions:

Abecedar:

The ottermen are great. A lovely twist on the ocean / river dwellers.

I still cannot remember why ( If science knows ) Why a creature like that has such a venomous spur considering it only fights with other males. Just put it down to “Australia” I guess.

I know I’d only purchase 1 (well probably 2). Any plans to cast or print them?

tjub:

Haha, Ottermen… :cheers

boyfights:

Wow, beautiful stuff! I’m blown away by the sculpting work around here, this is such an inspirational forum :slight_smile:

Do you just use kneadatite for sculpting or something else? I’m trying to decide what kind of putty to order and that’s all I’ve ever used before, I’ve got a few plans of my own!

Admiral:

@Abecedar: Thank you kindly! The scientific reason boils down to “Australia”, I’m afraid. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t cast a conversion, but it’s certainly possible to sculpt a platypus ogre from scratch and cast. Will make a note and think about it for the future, thanks for the idea.

@tjub: :cheers

@boyfights: Thank you kindly! Sculpting is a hobby hazard when entering CDO. You might get infected as well. As to material, all I’ve ever used is green stuff (Green Stuff World has a good price), and a little grey stuff. Basically still a Games Workshop drone so to speak, little experience outside their range. :slight_smile:

Slaaneshi Daemonprince converted for a friend:

[align=center]

[/align]

tjub:

Wow, this was a bit disturbing. Asstits! :stuck_out_tongue:

Uther the unhinged:

Glorious Slaanesh prince. Why can�?Tt gw do stuff like that? Absolutely beautiful!

boyfights:

@boyfights: Thank you kindly! Sculpting is a hobby hazard when entering CDO. You might get infected as well. As to material, all I've ever used is green stuff (Green Stuff World has a good price), and a little grey stuff. Basically still a Games Workshop drone so to speak, little experience outside their range. :)

Admiral

It's already too late for me I'm afraid! It's the only thing I've ever used before as well (though it's been quite a while), but at least I'll have some sort of idea of what to expect while working with it! I'll be sure to keep you in mind if (when) I need any tips :)

Beautiful daemon, I love to see properly weird Slaaneshi stuff, the ass-boobs are a great touch :)

Fuggit Khan:

@Abecedar: Thank you kindly! The scientific reason boils down to "Australia", I'm afraid. :P

Admiral
Hahaha! :hat off
Yes, Australia has lots of mean little beasties  
:hashut
Your green stuff skills are really wonderful to look at and admire, beautiful and creative work!

Admiral:

@tjub: Haha! :cheers

@Uther the Unhinged: Thank you most kindly. Your comment made me go on a spreading spree, mailing the pictures to various miniature producers in case the concept sticks somewhere. GW among them.

@boyfights: Thanks a lot! Good to see that you’ve fallen into the sculpting territory like us. Welcome aboard! :hat off

@Fuggit Khan: Thank you kindly!

My friend told me to axe the @$$ and instead go for a lean Daemon Prince of Arrogance look, not Lust. As per his instructions, there is now also shin armour plates with images of Elf torture: What else? I also added two lone flowing pteruges dangling from its belt. I’ll show you the painted end result whenever he finish this creation:

[align=center]

[/align]

Bonus Daemon Prince:

[align=center][/align]

boyfights:

Incredible work, those shin plates are great :o You’ve pulled off the Slaaneshi look very well, I really dig it. The bird head looks amazing too, very nice jobs!

tjub:

Klockrent!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Admiral:

Thank you kindly folks! :hat off

Kill Team

A mate of ours has moved back home after years of studying abroad, while a friend of my brother have returned to the hobby after a long break. Combine this with the recently released Kill Team, and we’ve got a hobby frenzy cooking with making characters, goons and terrain for a mash-up campaign between Kill Team and RPGs. Here is the first harvest of quick-sculpting and conversions, soon back to commercial sculpts.

Kastellan Ironstrider, a mate’s cyborg:

Badoom! Broadbeard, a loudmouth one-Dwarf illegal radio station sending live from his heists and battles. My character:

Gnorke Radfizzle, a Gnome sharpshooter with rad weapons, for my brother’s friend:

The gang so far:

Admiral:

Gnorke Radfizzle’s car:

[align=center][/align]

Abecedar:

That’s not a car. That is a speed bump.

boyfights:

“RAD” is exactly right :slight_smile: Please tell me that my eyes are not playing tricks, it’s difficult to tell with certainty from the pictures; is that a hand giving the middle finger at the bottom front? I can’t unsee it and I hope I never have to, haha.

Your Kill Team models are amazing and your campaign sounds like a lot of fun!

tjub:

Haha, wonderful! And great sculpting as usual… :hat off