[Archive] Hobby Group Auxillia Work

Uther the unhinged:

Rad is just brilliant. I want his car.

Admiral:

@Abecedar: Bump!

@boyfights: Haha, well spotted! That is indeed a middle finger salute. The campaign has just had a short test game, but we’re going to run regularly if possible within a few weeks.

@tjub: Tack så mycket!

@Uther the Unhinged: Hehe, thanks! I hope you too will dabble in car modifications as well if you ever come to dabble in scifi territory.

The friend who has written all the rules and organizes the whole effort has had me convert a gaggle of goons. Here’s psyker Spikeskull:

And Badoom! Broadbeard’s hateful rival, Adman:

And finally Gnorke Radfizzle painted by said friend (I had nothing to do with painting). My brother’s mate is in for a treat!

boyfights:

Those are all incredible but I absolutely love Adman, beautiful work :slight_smile: How did your test game go? Any feelings about the rules so far?

tjub:

Love the comical style, great face!

Admiral:

@boyfights: Thank you kindly! Our test game went fine, although our game master who had written it all had to abruptly go away unexpectedly. The rules seem smooth enough, with some fun depth in them to my simpleton eyes. Others here in Sweden is getting interested in our Kill Team homebrew, so my friend is likely to polish up the rules document and publish it online sometime in the future. Will shout when it happens!

@tjub: Haha, tackar! Fun to sculpt.

[align=center]Forest Trolls[/align]

I recently attended a Post-Apocalyptic event for the fourth time. Played havoc in a comic figure way as a shouting and stomping soldier (and utter treacherous bastard) in the usual way. A couple of people there got into contact with me afterwards, and came up with the idea to sculpt some folksy forest trolls in the style of John Bauer. They wanted that for an army of their own, and rightfully thought there to be niche for that sort of thing.

However, the project queue is rather full for a good while ahead, and sculpting such miniatures to a good enough standard to warrant casting and selling would take its fair amount of time. So instead I offered to sculpt some pieces really quick for them to have cast themselves, and then pin together and add on tails, ears, tools, weapons, sacks and so on by their own hands. Hasty stuff cooked up in very few days at all with minimum care, but still a fun little thing to tackle. I’ll give a heads-up somewhere if their homecasting goes fine and if they decide to sell a little excess on the side, in case anyone is interested. Will have to be revisited properly for the range sometime way down the pipeline:

[align=center]

[/align]

Fuggit Khan:

Holy Hashut!

How in the world I you consistently churn out so much sculpted miniatures? You and tjub both show unholy amounts of prolific miniatures. Something in the Swedish water perhaps?

These are beautiful Admiral. And I personally can attest how much more difficult it is to sculpt models that are multi parts. The planning, fitting and alignment of multiple bits is time consuming and an all new level of skill. These are superb!

They remind me of my first ever fantasy figures I bought back in junior high, some gnolls (not trolls).

And I must confess, that the feet in the very last pic looked like something else (unmentionable) at first glance :o

Do you have plans to give them weapons?

I think players would be more likely to purchase these if they had weapons

Helblindi:

“Hasty stuff cooked up in very few days at all with minimum care”

cooks up highly detailed miniatures to a standard I could never hope to achieve

You sell yourself short, Admiral. Great work!

Admiral:

@Fuggit Khan: Thank you kindly! It must be the close proximity to elk radiation.

Haha, that’s another way to view the feet parts! Unmentionable perhaps, but certainly not undepictable. :smiley:

If the trolls ever get properly cast (meaning not only done in resin by the owners themselves, but reworked for commercial moulds) there’ll be weapons and other stuff for sure. As it was, these were just some quick bits I wanted to help them out with by making.

Cheers!

@Helblindi: Thank you kindly! But if one was to check details closer and compare with more careful sculpts, one would quickly spot the slapdash nature of much of the work. Mechanical movements with minimum checking. Still fun!

I’ve painted nothing of the Kill Team stuff, only converted it. All painted by Johan von Elak, for your display here below.

Badoom! Broadbeard:

[align=center][/align]

During most of our Kill Team-RPG games we’ve actually had music playing to represent both the immediate sonic barrage emitted by Broadbeard’s loudspekers, and the music he transmits across hacked radio channels (with comments of media moguls jumping from windows as their enterprises gets destroyed by Broadbeard’s escapades). He obviously also report live from the field, and is the lousiest sneak, at skulking up on enemies, you’ve ever encountered. Clearly, the audio-disturbed mister Broadbeard has ruined many lives through his noisome adventures. Which leads us to…

Ladies and gentlemen! Allow me to introduce to you the one and only Ad-Man! At a discount. This succesful salesman had his chin-shining career and life shattered by the hacking menaces of Badoom! Broadbeard’s hated pirate radio. A madman down on his luck, the Ad-Man now take any little advertising job he can find, says all the old salesman lines cheerfully all the time, even while killing others, although his baleful inner nature will occasionally break through in his speech as he devilishly shoves enormous doses of medicine down his rival Broadbeard’s throat. Note washing-up liquid Molotov cocktail:

Gnorke Radfizzle and Badoom! Broadbeard in a hostile encounter with the Ad-Man. Such concentrated infamy!

The same gangsters meeting Count Orcula. He doesn’t drink… vine. Face, collar and cloak sculpted:

As of currently in our Kill Team campaign, the irradiated Gnome criminal Gnorke Radfizzle (wanted across six continents!) has been captured by the authorities. Will this dastardly bastard escape from the clutches of justice?

Find out in next episode of Kill Team!

Furthermore, I’ve been using the Warhammer fortress as a green stuff dumping place. Whenever I’ve got some sculpting putty left over, I’ve often pressed it to the crevices of the glued-together towers, eventually filling up and sculpting over the corners. Creeper plants were added by attaching wire and birch seed leaves with contact glue. Stones were painted in varied colours as per here (including with some stippled-on green and yellow and white moss spots), and then drybrushed all at once with light grey mixed with beige, and given a black wash. This was painted by me and my brother:

Lastly, the opportunity to photograph some old conversions got grabbed while at it. From Johan von Elak’s collection, converted by me:

Rat Ogres. Note the maimed Chaos Dwarf corpse. Hellcannon aesthetic, from years before before Legion of Azgorh was released. Also note the dripping acid disintegrating Night Goblins.

Human slaves. Kislevite and Arabyan. Note vodka flask filled with ratman urine which the man angrily throws out after tasting:

Gnoblars. I got used to making wire skeletons out of paper clips pinned into carved pieces of plastic sprue when building these fellows. Plastic Gnoblar in the middle. Gnoblars on 25mm base to fit into an Orc unit fielding this character model from Warhammer Online: Collector’s Edition.

Bloodbeard will run a homebrew Roman Risk boardgame for his school next year. He’s been hard at sculpting a Testudo formation, an Onager catapult, a temple and a fort. I helped out by quicksculpting some ships in between other stuff. Big one based on quinquiremes, the small one based on Liburnian patrol ships. Will also become available from Ramshackle Games thanks for their free casting service:

[align=center][/align]

Thanks for watching!

Admiral:

40k Chaos spider head for Johan von Elak:

[align=center][/align]

tjub:

Thats one creepy looking thing… Would fit right into a steam punk variant of CDs.

Jasko:

40k Chaos spider head for Johan von Elak:

Admiral
Uh, very well done! I very much like that new daemon-engine aesthetic GW has adopted recently, and that spider head fits very well.

Uther the unhinged:

Evil steampunk! Gloriously realised. What is not to like?

Jackswift:

Wow! Well done on the spider head. Really dig the galley as well!:cheers

Admiral:

Thank you most kindly, folks!

Now painted by him:

[align=center][/align]

Uther the unhinged:

That spider is insanely glorious. If goblins ever fall to chaos…

Abecedar:

Truly, a new love of my life.

What is she going to be used for?

Admiral:

Cheers folks! Johan is going to use it for some new 40k Chaos Space Marine duty. I’m not in the know on the lay of the land in 40k these days, but it’s some techno-monster which would suit a Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith. :slight_smile:

Vampire head converted for a friend of Eisenhans (higher up in the tournament ranking):

[align=center][/align]

Moving up further in ranking, here is a repaired/converted Whyvern for the wonderful and infamous eccentric who run tournaments in Västerås. The model was missing a body and right leg, so he asked if I could sculpt something for him.

Sure thing, I said, I’ll try to get something done during next tournament. During breaks on saturday and during the evening I sat and drilled in metal, pinning and gluing a wire skeleton. It didn’t look like the sculpting would be finished by a long shot.

But then my air mattress revealed a brand new leak, emptying itself in just an hour. I woke at 01:58 by bouncing my head against the floor. Hopeless quest for sleep with such equipment. There was nothing to it but sculpt for almost seven hours straight. I finished sculpting a quarter of an hour before the first game of sunday. Odd experience!

[align=center][/align]

Admiral:

[align=center]Mad Tower Rat for Eisenhans[/align]

Here is a very quick and shoddy sculpt that I cobbled together as a Christmas present for that infamous tournament scourge known as Eisenhans. He has built a crazy walking tower that is half a meter tall. So what would be a more natural next step than to add a urinating ratman with a 30cm long fluid string, to dangle above enemy units in the tower’s front arc as he waters them with his bursting bladder?

Garbed as a Mediaeval Roman.

Merry Christmas!

[align=center][/align]

Abecedar:

Nice work on that Dragon / Wyrm.

but the Rat is a bit disturbing

tjub:

Great sculpting as usual! :hat off