[Archive] Hobgoblin - Dynamic Duo

KramDratta:

Seeing as how most players with 8th are placing multiple characters/wizards in the same unit, I tried the following setup:

The Blocker - Hobgoblin Hero on Wolf; Heavy Armour; Enchanted Shield; Black Gem of Gnar & Warrior Bane

The Assassin - Hobgoblin Hero on Wolf; Heavy Armour; Shield; Dragonhelm; Luckstone; Potion of Foolhardiness & Sword of Antiheros

Charge in the Assassin first, making sure to maximise the characters in base contact with the Level 3/4 Wizard and perhaps another character. Then charge in with the Blocker, as close as possible to the other (does the 1" apply also in close combat?)

Issues a challenge with the Blocker so that another enemy character moves in base contact. Depending on the position you can get a couple of characters touching the Assassin, giving him +2 Str & +2 Attack (+3 if you used the potion).

What do you guys think?

I’ve only tried it once and granted it will be difficult pulling the same trick twice against the same opponent. But perhaps at a tournament it might help you get rid of that Level 4 mage.

Gar Shadowfame:

if you play with open rooster then mage will accept bloker challenge

Fallen246:

The 1" doesn’t apply to close combat, but both have to declare charges AND unless the blocker is part of the same unit, the two units will be side by side I’m pretty certain. So really, just charge them at the same time in the same unit and you’re fine (Unless of course, you’re using these guys outside of a unit, in which case completely ignore what I’ve just said :D)

Secondly, your opponent may select nobody to accept the challenge, and retire his wizard to the back ranks of the unit.

Beyond that, I think this move is suitably sneaky for Hobgoblins :stuck_out_tongue:

KramDratta:

@Fallen246: Actually the challenger nominates the character to be placed in the rear ranks, so in the case that no challenge is accepted, the fight Lord is going back.