[Archive] Hobgoblin Khan Armies of the East

Thane Godri GoblinSlayer:

please note this list is not done yet, I still don’t have some point costs up and stats up.  Please tell me how I can improve this list.  

Hobgoblin Khan Armies of the East

LORDS

Hobgoblin Khan: M4 WS5 BS5 S3 T4 W3 I4 A3 LD8

Wargear: hand weapon

Equipment: may have shield (+2), heavy armor (+4), light armor (+8), Mean Wolf. (+15), May ride in a Heavy Chariot, Rhinox Howdah, or Wolf Chariot.  May have up to 100 points of Stolen Stuff (magic weapons)

Hobgoblin Shaman Lord: M4 WS2 BS2 S2 T2 I2 A2 LD6

Wargear: hand weapon and shaman staff.  

Upgrades: May be upgraded to level 4 wizard for 35 points, may have 90 points of Stolen Stuff.      

HEROES

Hobgoblin Big Boss: M4 WS4 BS4 S3 T3 I3 A3 LD7

Upgrades:

Hobgoblin Shaman: M4 WS2 BS2 S2 T2 I2 A2 LD5

Upgrades: May be upgraded to level 2 for 35 points, may have 50 points of Stolen Stuff  

Hobgoblin Sneaky Git Master: M5 WS6 BS5 S3 T2 I5 A2 LD5

Wargear: hand weapon, light armor.  

Upgrades: may have additional hand weapon (+2), poison globes (+2), thrown knives (+1), and 25 points of Stolen Stuff.

CORE

Hobgoblins: M4 WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I2 A1 LD6.

2 points

Wargear: hand weapon.

Upgrades: May have shield (+1), light armor (+1), may be armed with spears (+1), and may be armed with throwing stones (+1).

Hobgoblin Wolf Riders: RIDER: M4 WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I2 A1 LD6. WOLF: M9 WS3 BS0 S3 T3 W1 I3 A3.

12 points

Wargear: hand weapon and light armor.

Upgrades: May have shield (+1), spears (+1), or short bows (+2).  

Hobgoblin Shooties: M4 WS2 BS4 S3 T2 W1 I2 A1 LD5

Wargear: hand weapon and short bow.  

Upgrades: May have shield (+1), trade in their short bow for a Spear Gun (+2), and may have light armor (+1)

SPECIAL

Hobgoblin Sneaky Gits: M4 WS4 BS4 S3 T2 W1 I3 A1 LD5.

8 points

Wargear: Two hand weapons

Upgrades: May be armed with Poison Globes (+2) and light armor (+1 point)  

Hobgoblin Big Boyz: M3 WS3 BS3 S4 T3 W1 I2 A1 LD7

7 points

Wargear: hand weapon, Big Boy Shield, and heavy armor.  

Upgrades: May have great weapons (+2)

Hobgoblin Mean Boyz: M4 WS3 BS3 S3 T2 W1 I3 A1 LD5

6 points

Wargear: Mean Lasha (whip) and light armor

Hobgoblin Wolf Chariot

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower: CREW M4 WS2 BS4 S2 T2 W1 I2 A1 LD4 BOLT THROWER: T7 W3

35 points

RARE

Hobgoblin Heavy Chariot:

Rhinox Howdah: BIG BOY CREW M4 WS3 BS3 S4 T3 W1 I2 A1 LD7

Rhinox: M6 WS2 BS0 S6 T5 W1 I2 A2 LD3

slev:

I’m not personally convinced by the Rhinox being there, but it looks good overall.

Hobgoblin Khan Armies of the East

SPECIAL RULES FOR ALL HOBGOBLINS

Animosity: Hobgoblins never get along and thus are usually at each others throats even in the midst of battle.  

At the beginning of your movement phase each of your units must test for animosity.  Warmachines and chariots do not test for Animosity.  On a 2-6 they pass, however on a 1 they fail.  If they fail roll a D6 and follow the chart below.  

1 Is this a Battle, Run.  

The unit flees back 3 inches, all normal rules for fleeing apply.  On the next turn if the unit who fled previously pass their animosity test then their boss has organized them and they may move the next turn.  

2-5 Squabble

The hobgoblins are at each others throats and have began to fight.  the unit may not move or shoot this turn while the boss tries to get them under control.  

6 They are Asking For It

The unit automatically charges the closest friendly unit.  If they reach the unit workout combat as normal.  

Eternal Hatred: The hobgoblins remeber the how the orcs and goblins almost exterminated their whole race and have hated them ever since.

Hobgoblins get rerolls to hit in the first round of combat and must always persue fleeing greenskin units.

SPECIAL RULES FOR CERTAIN HEROES AND UNITS

HOBGOBLIN KHAN AND HOBGOBLIN BIG BOSS

Hobgoblin Khans are the warlords and kings of hobgoblin society.  They are the bosses and leaders of their less tougher brethren.  Khans are the largest in hobgoblin scociety and are thus far better fighters and stronger than the average hobgoblins.  

Khan’s and Big Bosses are the best fighters (for hobgoblins) and are at the top of the food chain.  Each Khan or Big Boss usually owns his own strip of land and has an army.  Successful Big Bosses may move up to become Khan’s and own their own kingdom and several armies.  

Special Rules

QUELL ANIMOSITY: Units who have to test for animosity within 3 inches of a Hobgoblin Khan or Hobgoblin Big Boss do not have to test Animosity.  

WARLORD: Hobgoblin Khans (Big Bosses do not count) make any unit they join stubborn.  

LARGE WOLF: Large wolves are the pack leaders of regular wolves and are far more larger and fierce.  A large wolf is frenzied and has an extra attack for a total of 3 attacks.  

HOBGOBLIN SHAMANS

Hobgoblins love killing their enemies at a distance and those who don’t like to use ranged weapons move on to bigger and more destructive things like magic.  Their are few hobgoblin shamans, because most die while trying to prefect the art of destructive magic.  

The few hobgoblins who rise to become shamans are often outcasts of their tribe or have no tribe at all do to the destructive effects of magic (and often practicing on their fellow tribesmen).  Shamans are also well paid by Khans and Big Bosses, even a shaman apprentice who ownly knows simple (but still destructive) spells are handsomely paid.  

Shamans are often not many because they are usually killing each other due to wanting to be the best.  Shamans master the dangerous lore known as Mean Green Magic.  It is much like the Waaagh! lore, however it is not as destructive and it benefits hobgoblin troops, it doesn’t kill them like orc magic!    

MEAN GREEN LORE: Shamans and shaman lords choose their spells from the Mean Green Lore.  

MAD HORROR: A mad horror is a crazed daemonic beast that shamans use as mounts to show their mastery of magic.  A mad horror causes terror, is immune to terror itself, and it is stupid.  It’s stats are, M8 WS2 BS0 S5 T2 W2 I2 A2 LD4  

HOBGOBLIN SNEAKY GIT MASTER AND SNEAKY GITS

Hobgoblin sneaky gits are the equivalent of assassins, every hobgoblin Khan or big boss has at least one trusted assassin to deal with rivals and enemies.  The sneaky gits have their own tribe called the Sneaky Gits Guild which is ruled by the legendary Sneaky Git Master Gorgut BackStabba.  

The guild is split up into six rival assassin houses who regularly compete against each other in tournaments and other dangerous competitions to prove who is the best.  Gorgut’s house is currently in the lead, much to the other Assassin Lord’s Annoyance.  

To become a sneaky git you must be an especially sneaky hobgoblin and very skilled with a blade.  To become a house leader you must slay the current one in a duel or treachery.  Gorgut has been attacked many times, but his legendary sneak team has protected him so far…

SNEAKY GIT MASTER RULES

TRAINED TO KILL: The Sneaky Git Master has been trained to kill since he was a little git, he has perfected it and has the Killing Blow ability along with Poisined Attacks.

SNEAK MASTER: A hobgoblin sneaky git is an assassin and used to blending in, you may hide one Sneaky Git Master in any hobgoblin infantry unit.  The sneak master can choose two options when the unit he is in is charged or gets into combat some way, Move to the Front Rank to battle the enemy.  Or sneak out the side of the unit and charge the enemy in the rear or continue on his own way.  

If the unit you are hiding you Sneaky Git Master in flees, then the Git Master automatically flees out the side and moves on his own for the rest of the game.  

SNEAKY GIT SPECIAL RULES

TRAINED TO KILL: Sneaky gits have Poisoned Attacks

LAP AROUND: Sneaky Gits always lap around.    

HOBGOBLIN MEAN BOYZ

Hobgoblin mean boyz

WANT MORE!: Mean Boyz love to kill and must always pursue a fleeing enemy unit that they have beaten in combat.  

MULTI LASH WHIP: Multi Lash Whips give the bearer an extra attack.    

BIG SHOOTIE

CANNON: The big shootie is treated like a cannon but follows the rules below.  

SHOOT EM ALL: The Big Shootie can choose which bomb it is going to throw, it may throw the little bomb where they can use their Ballistic Skill as normal, the medium one where it is -1 ballistic skill, the large one which is -2 ballistic skill, or shoot them all which is -3 ballistic skill.  

HITS: The little bomb uses the small template and causes D3 wounds at strength 3, the medium bomb hits with the small template and causes D6 wounds at strength 4, the large bomb hits with the large circular template and causes D6 wounds at strenght 5.  If you hit with them all then you use the large circular template and causes 2D6 wounds at strenght 6.  

RHINOX HOWDAH

BODYGUARD: The Mean Boyz who crew the Rhinox Howdah are the Khan’s personal guards and are the toughest hobgoblins in the land.  If a Khan rides in a Rhinox Howdah, then the Howdah is immune to terror, fear, and they are stubborn.  

BEST SHOOTIES: Two of the best shootie boyz ride in the Howdah as well, they work a bolt thrower mounted on the rhinox.  The bolt thrower may fire every turn even if it has moved using the shooties ballistic skill.  

LORDS

Hobgoblin Khan: M4 WS5 BS5 S3 T4 W3 I4 A4 LD8

70 points

Equipment: may have shield (+2), light armor (+2), heavy armor (+4), Large Wolf. (+15), May ride in a Heavy Chariot, Rhinox Howdah, or Wolf Chariot.  May have up to 120 points of Stolen Stuff (magic weapons)

Hobgoblin Shaman Lord: M4 WS2 BS2 S2 T2 W3 I2 A2 LD6

135 points

Mad Horror: M8 WS2 BS0 S5 T2 W2 I2 A2 LD4  

Upgrades: May be upgraded to level 4 wizard for 35 points, may have 100 points of Stolen Stuff, may ride in a Heavy Chariot or Wolf Chariot, may ride a Mad Horror (+25)      

HEROES

Hobgoblin Big Boss: M4 WS4 BS4 S3 T3 W2 I3 A3 LD7

40 points

Upgrades: may wear light armor (+2), heavy armor (+4), carry an additional hand weapon (+4), have a shield (+2), ride a Large Wolf (+15). ride in a Heavy Chariot, Wolf Chariot, or a Rhinox Howdah.  May have up to 65 points of Stolen Stuff.  

Hobgoblin Shaman: M4 WS2 BS2 S2 T2 W2 I2 A2 LD5

Upgrades: May be upgraded to level 2 for 35 points, may have 55 points of Stolen Stuff, ride a Mad Horror (+25), may ride in a Heavy Chariot or Wolf Chariot.    

Hobgoblin Sneaky Git Master: M5 WS6 BS5 S3 T2 W2 I5 A2 LD5

65 points

Wargear: hand weapon, light armor.  

Upgrades: may have additional hand weapon (+2), poison globes (+2), thrown knives (+1), Spear Gun (+4 ), and 35 points of Stolen Stuff.

CORE

Hobgoblins: M4 WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I2 A1 LD6.

2 points

Wargear: hand weapon.

Upgrades: May have shield (+1), light armor (+1), may be armed with spears (+1), and may be armed with throwing stones (+1).

Hobgoblin Wolf Riders: RIDER: M4 WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I2 A1 LD6. WOLF: M9 WS3 BS0 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 LD3.

12 points

Wargear: hand weapon and light armor.

Upgrades: May have shield (+1), spears (+1), or short bows (+2).  

Hobgoblin Shooties: M4 WS2 BS4 S3 T2 W1 I2 A1 LD5

Wargear: hand weapon and short bow.  

Upgrades: May have shield (+1), trade in their short bow for a Spear Gun (+2), and may have light armor (+1)

SPECIAL

Hobgoblin Sneaky Gits: M4 WS4 BS4 S3 T2 W1 I3 A1 LD5.

7 points

Wargear: Two hand weapons

Upgrades: May be armed with Poison Globes (+2) and light armor (+1 point)  

Hobgoblin Big Boyz: M3 WS3 BS3 S4 T3 W1 I2 A1 LD7

7 points

Wargear: hand weapon, Big Boy Shield, and heavy armor.  

Upgrades: May have great weapons (+2)

Hobgoblin Mean Boyz: M4 WS3 BS3 S3 T2 W1 I3 A1 (2 with whip) LD5

6 points

Wargear: Mean Lasha (whip) and light armor

Hobgoblin Wolf Chariot: CREW M4 WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I2 A1 LD6. WOLF: M9 WS3 BS0 S3 T3 W1 A1 I3 LD3.

CREW: two hobgoblins

Wargear: spears and light armor

Upgrades: May have an extra crewmen (+3)  

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower: CREW M4 WS2 BS4 S2 T2 W1 I2 A1 LD4 BOLT THROWER: T7 W3

CREW: 2

35 points

RARE

Large Wolf Pack:  M9 (8) WS3 BS0 S4 T3 W1 A2 I3 LD5 (frenzied, has barding).  

14 points  

Big Shootie: CREW M4 WS2 BS4 S2 T2 W1 I2 A1 LD4 BIG SHOOTIE: special

Wargear: barding.    

Hobgoblin Heavy Chariot: CREW M4 WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I2 A1 LD6, LARGE WOLF: M9 (8) WS3 BS0 S4 T3 W1 A2 I3 LD5 (frenzied, has barding).  

CREW: 2

EQUIPMENT: spears, shield, and light armor.  

UPGRADES: May have an extra crewmen (+3)

Rhinox Howdah:

BIG BOY HOWDAH CREW M4 WS3 BS3 S4 T3 W1 I2 A1 LD7

Shootie Rhinox Riders: M4 WS2 BS4 S3 T2 W1 I2 A1 LD5

Rhinox: M6 WS2 BS0 S6 T5 W1 I2 A2 LD3

Crew: five in Howdah and two on the Rhinox to crew the Bolt Thrower.  

230 points

Wargear Crew: spear, heavy armor, and shield.    

Rhinox Riders: Bolt Thrower and handweapons

slev:

I think giving the Gits Killing Blow is rather OTT, especially as it’s combined with Poisoned Attacks.

Grimstonefire:

@Godri

Sorry to go modding your posts, but its easier for me to see how many of each option (core, special etc) you have if the names are bold.

I would make the ‘Mean Green Lore’ highly debilitating.  Go with the poison theme, make it more like Nurgle spells.

Eternal Hatred is ok.  I would go further and give all hobgoblins Poisoned Attacks.  Also giving them all throwing knives.

A tbemed Dark Lands hobgoblin list would be the only place in the whole warhammer world you could see something even vaguely close to a Hobgoblin Mechanik, so it might be worth thinking on that one.  Remember, this is not just a hobgoblin list, I’m assuming its themed to be either within or close to the Dark Lands.  So they will have a lot to do with CD.

If it was regular themed hobgoblins list you wanted I’d go for a Steppes theme.

More feedback when I have more time.

I think these will be interesting for you to read.  Both are themed as Steppes rather than Dark lands. but they’re pretty good.

http://www.talismancy.com/hammer/viewtopic.php?t=1913

http://www.talismancy.com/hammer/viewtopic.php?t=2341

Thanks for feedback and I am thankful on how you editted my posts. I’ll try to do that next time.