[Archive] Hobgoblin Weapons

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I’m almost done assembling my Hobgoblin horde using Plague Monk bodies however I’m getting stuck for what kinds of weapon sprues to use. And I could use some suggestions. Hobgoblins with Spears just aren’t worth that extra point (life is rough as a hobbo…) so everyone gets a hand weapon and shield. Shields I’ve got. Though I suppose I technically need shield-arms too. Is there a defacto “use this” or “don’t use that” that anyone can reccomend?

Loki:

I would use the weapons from the night goblin spure, i think they would work well for hobgoblins

Gar Shadowfame:

you could glue shields to theit back for versality, and when they are not bought with points you can say thats thats why these are on the back not in hand, but would be present for WYSIWYG.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I always thought the Night Goblin sprue was just a one-piece goblin.  I’ll have to check that out - thanks Loki!

Grimbold Blackhammer

Hashut’s Blessing:

Grimbold Blackhammer: The night goblins from Battle for Skull Pass were one piece models, but the actual night goblin box is multi-part :wink:

You could just use any spare shields that you have to represent looted shields and the like. They may not be given shields by their masters, they may collect them after battle, whilst collecting and Dawi Zharr dead :smiley:

snowblizz:

I think the new Ungor arms could be useful. They have some muscles for that they-are-greenskin-and-so-athletic-for-no-apparent-reason look. Fingers are clawed like goblins.

If you are lucky you might find a Beastman player who is hording Ungors with spears and have plenty left overs. I’m also thinking they will not be too expensive bought as bitz.