[Archive] Hob's from stormvermin - a problem

nitroglysarine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Skaven-STORMVERMIN-BODIES-x10-bits-Warhammer-/320636497139?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa76cacf3#ht_1689wt_1139

I was about to buy a few of these, but I noticed, where are legs of some of them? - I couldn’t spot the missing ones on the shops listings either. Are they a multi?

Eeelp!

nitroglysarine:

oh dan, after a second look, they are two parts aren’t they?

DOINK!

furrie:

Yes the body are two parts.

nitroglysarine:

Cool, now to chase on of the four listings.

Anyone had any joy with mixing the slaves arms (with daggers) instead of their halberds?

Nicodemus:

Great minds think alike… I was sizing up some Stormvermin today and trying to decide about the appropriateness of the feet, what to change on their armour, etc. Some Night Goblin heads from eBay would be suitable too, as would some axes. The Current Dwarf Thunderers/Quarrelers and the Chaos Marauders come with a fair number of extra axes if I’m not mistaken, so getting some of them off eBay would help out as well!

… given the price of the Stormvermin, however, I haven’t been brave enough to buy a box to test with.

~N

nitroglysarine:

... given the price of the Stormvermin, however, I haven't been brave enough to buy a box to test with.

~N

Nicodemus
Yeah hence, following these bitz, might get a bargain, you never know!

furrie:

I’ve got to boxes, but they are for my skaven army :stuck_out_tongue:

nitroglysarine:

I've got to boxes, but they are for my skaven army :P

furrie
ahhh go-on corrupt them....

ah go on, go on, go on, go on GO ON!?! ;)

furrie:

It could work, I might buy some boxes for convertion :stuck_out_tongue:

Grimstonefire:

If you could make the right arm hold a shield well a clanrat arm would fit the otherside.

It would be a bit less muscled but nothing really serious.  

I bought my stormvermin off an ebay bitz site in america as it was cheaper than buying it in the uk (about 40% off).  I didn’t get any command models though so I will pick up a box at some point to finish the unit.

JMR:

I’m actually doing exactly this. Making Hobgoblins from Stormvermin.

It’s funny though. I don’t post here much, but I do read pretty often and I notice Nitroglysarine and I keep coming up with similar ideas :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, I’ve started ordering parts for Stormgoblins/Hobvermin a week or two ago. I’m just having a hard time getting a hold of some bases to put them on. Does anyone know a good source for plain 20mm bases (non-slotted)?

nitroglysarine:

eBay has lots of plain bases, but with a wild range of prices.

Great minds think alike a?? :smiley:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Bits websites like bits barn and the GW website have them.

zobo1942:

This is the cheapest one I could find:

http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/MINIAATURES_BASES.html

EDIT
Also: a while ago I read something about people wanting a conversion base for 20 - 25mm. They sell them on this site as well.