[Archive] Holiday Loot Thread 2013

thewizardofoz:

More importantly my son got a ton of Legos so he and I have had a blast assembling and playing with them.

I dragged out some of my old ones... 33 years, and several moves have not been kind. I'll have to be ordering off of Lego.com and pickabrick.com

Willmark
I teach in Year 1 (5/6 year olds) and despite all the new technology and games and stuff, lego is all they want to play with. If I am ever graced with children - lego will be a staple in my house. I applaud you my good man but have to ask, who had the most fun, you or your son?

Mad Dave:

I got a dremel tool kit 3rd one in 10 years, its spose to help me with my model’s after closer inspection theirs no speed control so off into the tool cupboard for that one.

I got the Judge dredd starter set with Mega city one hero and Dark judges. 1 box of GW marauders and a box of WOC inf/2 books some MTG boosters and couple gift cards from my local games shop. :hat off

Grimstonefire:

I got 10 Russian alternative CD (HW & shield), a unit of Forsaken, also Fulgrim and Angron FW models.  So quite hobby related stuff as always.

The CD I’m going to convert to be the first true models to reflect my army story, not sure how to arm them yet though.

Danzig:

A bunch of Dark Elves (lots of Dark Riders/Warlocks, Cold Ones, and a Cauldron)

Greebo’s Chaos Dwarf Blood Bowl Team

A bunch of magnetic bases

All my gift money is going towards Bull Centaur Renders.

thewizardofoz:

A bunch of Dark Elves (lots of Dark Riders/Warlocks, Cold Ones, and a Cauldron)
Greebo's Chaos Dwarf Blood Bowl Team
A bunch of magnetic bases

All my gift money is going towards Bull Centaur Renders.

Danzig
Sounds like a lot of different stuff to paint, what you working on first?

Kera foehunter:

i got a lot of tall hats and the Tamurkhan from a good friend. box of slayers too  
:cheers
the rest is boring stuff

Danzig:

thewizardofoz
First I have to paint stuff I already have, hah.

magma cannon
hellcannon
Lord on great taurus
convert and paint bsb

then I'll get around to my new loot.
chaos dwarf bb team has priority, bull centaurs will be second

thewizardofoz:

thewizardofoz
First I have to paint stuff I already have, hah.

magma cannon
hellcannon
Lord on great taurus
convert and paint bsb

then I'll get around to my new loot.
chaos dwarf bb team has priority, bull centaurs will be second

Danzig
Sounds a challenge - good luck

Willmark:

More importantly my son got a ton of Legos so he and I have had a blast assembling and playing with them.

I dragged out some of my old ones... 33 years, and several moves have not been kind. I'll have to be ordering off of Lego.com and pickabrick.com

Willmark
I teach in Year 1 (5/6 year olds) and despite all the new technology and games and stuff, lego is all they want to play with. If I am ever graced with children - lego will be a staple in my house. I applaud you my good man but have to ask, who had the most fun, you or your son?

thewizardofoz
Both :)

cornixt:

My five-year-old son impressed me by building his Lego models on his own. I guess that’s me out of a job now. sob

:frowning:

thewizardofoz:

My five-year-old son impressed me by building his Lego models on his own. I guess that's me out of a job now. sob
:(

cornixt
It is a sad day indeed when your son becomes the lego man in the house!