[Archive] Holiday Loot Thread 2013

ClawLeader:

Just curious as to what everyone for in particular for what holiday you celebrate. This is for stating what hobby supplies and things you got, not really about other gifts.

I got a tape measure…

Bloodbeard:

I got the highest pledge level of the new Heroquest 25th.

… Or rather I got some money from a couple of relatives labelled “Not to be used for bills, kids and other grown up necessities.”

thewizardofoz:

Sounds a dodgy Warhammer link but I got the gift of time to sit and paint. Tomorrow, my wife and I, are having a day in PJs watching telly, drinking and she wants me to sit and paint after doing the cooking today.

My wife is the best and it sounds daft but as I’m getting older, I’m realising more and more that Time is the best gift of all.

bas_2312:

Not really Christmas presents, but since I had my birthday this week I figure it kind of counts ;p

Also not hobby related, but nerdy enough to fit on this board?

This is what I got, Firefly the Boardgame and an awesome Kirk vs. Khan statuette:

Abecedar:

Absolutely nothing for Warhammer or Saga at all. But i did get a Dalek Beanie.

cornixt:

Paints to replace my dried up set, new brushes, and the D&D boardgame Legend of Drizzzzzzzzt. Now realized that I didn’t get two of the key colours I need for my CD army, so I may have to place another order!

Xx9millxX:

I got some chaos dwarfs

ClawLeader:

I got some chaos dwarfs

Xx9millxX
hich ones??

Xx9millxX:

Let’s see … Basically a whole army(starting out strong :wink: )…  I got a unit of infernal guard with hw and shields, death shrieker rocket and 3 bull centaurs, magma cannon , the 3 heroes (prophet daemonsmith and castellan), taur’ruk, gamesday hellsmith, 10 Titan wargames royal guard , russian alternative harquebussers, and RA command group, goblin wolf riders and a Hellcannon :slight_smile: lol lots

And the 40 k dark vengaence starter set

That was all I asked for and  got though this year.and it came from 4 different families ( mom, dad nd stepmom, my girlfriends mom and stepdad, and her dad and step mom lol and gf herself got me one) so yeah loooong day 4 different houses to hit for Christmas and my gf has 7 younger siblings so yeah all in all very interesting day but had a great Christmas … I’m excited to get to work on them later when I wake up and will be putting up some more pics on my blog finally …

So check it out within the next few days … Big stuffs coming … I hope you guys all had as good of a holiday as I did ( but hopefully a little less rushed and more relaxed :wink: )

Vogon:

I got a unit of three Bull Centaur Renders and a Siccarian Battle tank from Forge World and from my Missus (who pulled out all the stops) I got 717 of the 2003 Limited Edition Chaos Knight sculpted by Mark Bedford.

I was well chuffed.

Cheers

Vogon

Yodrin:

Got a IPad mini, cash and some dibs and dobs;)

thewizardofoz:

Let's see ... Basically a whole army(starting out strong ;) )..  I got a unit of infernal guard with hw and shields, death shrieker rocket and 3 bull centaurs, magma cannon , the 3 heroes (prophet daemonsmith and castellan), taur'ruk, gamesday hellsmith, 10 Titan wargames royal guard , russian alternative harquebussers, and RA command group, goblin wolf riders and a Hellcannon :) lol lots
And the 40 k dark vengaence starter set

That was all I asked for and  got though this year.and it came from 4 different families ( mom, dad nd stepmom, my girlfriends mom and stepdad, and her dad and step mom lol and gf herself got me one) so yeah loooong day 4 different houses to hit for Christmas and my gf has 7 younger siblings so yeah all in all very interesting day but had a great Christmas .. I'm excited to get to work on them later when I wake up and will be putting up some more pics on my blog finally ...

So check it out within the next few days .. Big stuffs coming .. I hope you guys all had as good of a holiday as I did ( but hopefully a little less rushed and more relaxed ;) )

Xx9millxX
I am glad you said that it came form different people, I had images of your girlfriend having to sell a kidney to afford all that - lol.

You probably know anyway but make sure you wash the forgeworld stuff (Fairy Power Spray is what I used in the UK,) - Before I found out, I undercoated, painted only to have half of the model peel off and then have to start again. The amount of time I spent sending stuff back to them because of air bubbles, holes in the model and then the painting thing! I have probably got about 1500points of Forgeworld stuff that in the new year I am selling as I got so fed up with repainting it.

Beautiful models but make sure you wash it first!

Chico:

I got a Limited Edition Legion of the Damned: Sergeant Centurius (Gift to myself), a host of random Necromunda & Combat Zone Figures, £100 in GW gift vouchers, a box of metal Squats from my Wife (Still no idea who she bought these from).

Not a bad lot, even though I spent that day alone as the Wife was working :frowning:

thewizardofoz:

Oh there may be a gift to myself in the new year, lol

PhilmacFLy:

I got Myself one pack IG with Fireglaives a Command unit and 2packs of Fire born as well as 30 Blunderbusses from Grimstonefire

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Paint brushes (can you ever have enough??), more paints, an air brush, 9 fireborn, and Tar’ruk. Time to get busy!

Willmark:

Lone Ranger DVD (my daughter loved it)

CDs

Ace Frehely- Abnomaly

Led Zeppelin the Song Remains the Same

thewizardofoz:

Lots of books, I love to read - Football coaching books mostly (I coach the school girls team)

In the new year, I will be purchasing a giant model in order to build my Tin Man.

Willmark:

More importantly my son got a ton of Legos so he and I have had a blast assembling and playing with them.

I dragged out some of my old ones… 33 years, and several moves have not been kind. I’ll have to be ordering off of Lego.com and pickabrick.com

Admiral:

Santa Claus brought Longbeards on his sleigh. It should be a more frequent cargo! :smiley: