[Archive] Horace Goes Big Hat

Horace:

You could apply the same effect to the underside of your movement tray too, make them look a little sexier when things start to die :slight_smile:

Skink:

That unit is shaping up awesomely! CanĀ“t wait to see it completed!

Jackswift:

Your unit is coming along very nicely. I agree mostly re the comments about the grass. CDs mostly exist in a frozen seismic wasteland however they can battle on any terrain. My go to is to have the basing match the unit or model rather than the terrain or mat. The terrain and mat change from battle to battle while the model never changes. That statedā€¦ Decide and go with whatever your vision will be. Unique basing is great and ultimately you are the person who will be looking at and gaming with them the most. Cheers!

Horace:

I have finished a few more Axemen and moved onto my final batch to complete the unit.

Still not decided on my basing dilemma :slight_smile:

Reposts of previous images (thanks photo bucket)

The regiment as it standsā€¦

Carcearion:

Gorgeously classic! Love the black, gold, and red!

tjub:

Looking good!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Solid color choice! Youā€™re unit looks promising!

Ghrask Dragh:

Great job, a classic paint scheme on classic minis it is really well done, the beards look soooo cool too

:cheers

Agandhjin:

That is a great paintjob. Nice to see an old sculpt done justice like that.

Agandhjin

Abecedar:

really like them, youā€™ve done well

Pappa Midnight:

Bloody Photobucket. Iā€™m glad you re-posted the images of your lovely minis!

PM

Horace:

Well itā€™s been a long time since I started this but Iā€™ve finally been doing some painting again and got these finished!

The last few still need the basing doing but otherwise all done and onto some Hobgoblins! In the end I opted for Agrellan Badlands for the bases, it fractures quite nicely if layered on thick enough. Some Earthshade and drybrushed highlights with some rocks and dead grass.

Iā€™ve painted a few other things (Krell & a river terrain piece), do people want these or is it strictly Chaos Dwarfs here? :hat off

tjub:

Wow, that is a great looking unit! Home made banner as well?

Regarding other stuff, theres an ļæ½?ļæ½offtopic showcaseļæ½?ļæ½ or whatever it might be called for all things non evil dwarf related. But please share! ļæ½Y~S

Ghrask Dragh:

Oh they are lovely, fantastic choice of colours mate

Looking great

Uther the unhinged:

Gorgeous paintjpb on classic minis. Love the minis and bases. Good luck with the hobbos too. Does the Slanesh dude know about the sneaky gits? I think he is in trouble!

Will Liam:

Really like the how you have painted them and the brown beards for some reason stood out to me and look great it think it because the tones complement each other so well

Enjoysrandom:

Unit looks spot on, very nice paint job, really well finished!

Cloister:

Fantastic work! Canā€™t wait to see what you do with those hobgoblins.

cornixt:

This is very similar to my colour scheme, but done better!

boyfights:

Very nice stuff! Looking forward to the hobgoblins :slight_smile: