[Archive] Horace's Other Fantasy Stuff

Horace:

Here are a few pictures of the other stuff I have been painting recently, in between my main painting goal of getting my Chaos Dwarfs onto the battlefield.

I also have armies of Orcs & Goblins, Dwarfs, Vampire Counts, Daemons and a very early collection of Dark Elves, and my brother has armies of Warriors of Chaos, Empire and High Elves which I occasionally add bits to since they are all kept at my house and kind of shared. Most of it dates back to 4th edition but with new stuff added to 8th-ify the armies (we play 8th edition still)

The last thing I finished was a unit of Boar Boyz and Gorbad Ironclaw (shields still need painting though)

Jasko:

Gorbad is such a great model! Still very much up to date, imho. Beautifully painted, I like them very much! Show us more of your models :hat

Admiral:

Wow, your colour choices and painting technique makes for a striking impression. Especially the highlights. Really good stuff, Horace! :cheers

I can by the way recommend flowers and shrubs from Gamers Grass to spice up bases further with vegetation. It tends to look especially good on evil armies; gives it all a realism hook amid the grimdark.

Also, if ever you want to make the Boar Riders pop that extra, then I can recommend sculpting some quick fur over the glued seams between the body halves. Just a tip.

Cheers

Horace:

Wow, your colour choices and painting technique makes for a striking impression. Especially the highlights. Really good stuff, Horace! :cheers

I can by the way recommend flowers and shrubs from Gamers Grass to spice up bases further with vegetation. It tends to look especially good on evil armies; gives it all a realism hook amid the grimdark.

Also, if ever you want to make the Boar Riders pop that extra, then I can recommend sculpting some quick fur over the glued seams between the body halves. Just a tip.

Cheers

Admiral
Cheers :)

Those flowers look pretty nice, thanks.

I should really have filled the gaps on the boars, it was just pure laziness :)

Admiral:

Well, if you retouch them you’ll get the chance to do more than fill the gaps. It’ll let you sculpt on some fur texture on the bare upper portions of the plastic gaps (result of moulds without undercuts). :wink:

Jasko:

Admiral
Flowers is for Elvsessss.

Abecedar
Still cracks me up ;P

boyfights:

Daaaang these are nice, great job! :o

I love the look of those flowers but I’m not sure they’re appropriate for my dark lands project :frowning: Maybe I could do Kill Team on a “garden world” :smiley: