[Archive] How much would you pay?

thewizardofoz:

My friend is selling her daemon Army and doesn’t know what to ask for it.

Some of her models are the old school ones (horrors are the old horrors etc) some are newer models. All GW. mostly painted to a tabletop standard.

What do you recon she should ask for the lot? Slave to the first response.

1 x Daemon Prince (a daemon standing on a monolith stone thing, not the newer kit)

1 x Soul grinder

1 x bloodthirster �?" needs reassembling. (Old school metal beast)

1 x Masque of Slaanesh

1 x champion of chaos

1 x beast of nurgle

1 x changeling �?"still boxed not put together

9 x seekers daemonettes mounted with Standard, champion and musician

3 x bloodletters mounted on juggernaughts Standard, champion and musician

24 x Daemonettes with Standard, champion and musician

6 x flamers

34 x horrors with Standard, champion and musician

16 x blood letters with Standard, champion and musician

2 x fiends of slaanesh

3 x Screamers

6 x hounds of khorne

Case

*Some painted and based some require finishing.

Vex:

Post pics if you can. I’ve seen painted armies go for £500 up on ebay.

Bitterman:

Can’t say how much I’d pay (I’m not in the market for buying) but as some guidelines:

- The old* metal daemons (Horrors, Daemonettes, Seekers, at least, judging by that list) can go for a lot. Like, really a lot. * - by old, I mean “the ones before the current plastics”, as they hit the sweet spot of quality and nostalgia. The really old ones have more nostalgia but less quality, so the price is much more variable.

- She’ll get much more by selling units separately than in one army: lots of people might each pay £X for a unit they want, but who’s got £X * 10 lying around for ten such units? Of course, it is more effort to put up dozens of listings rather than just one.

- Well painted models can increase the value. Badly painted models can detract from the value. Undercoated models detract from the value, as people assume they’re recasts, undercoated to hide the flaws.

thewizardofoz:

Can't say how much I'd pay (I'm not in the market for buying) but as some guidelines:

- The old* metal daemons (Horrors, Daemonettes, Seekers, at least, judging by that list) can go for a lot. Like, really a lot. * - by old, I mean "the ones before the current plastics", as they hit the sweet spot of quality and nostalgia. The really old ones have more nostalgia but less quality, so the price is much more variable.

- She'll get much more by selling units separately than in one army: lots of people might each pay £X for a unit they want, but who's got £X * 10 lying around for ten such units? Of course, it is more effort to put up dozens of listings rather than just one.

- Well painted models can increase the value. Badly painted models can detract from the value. Undercoated models detract from the value, as people assume they're recasts, undercoated to hide the flaws.

Bitterman
That's actually a great deal of help. Thank you