[Archive] How to beat the burn out

Kera foehunter:

Well lately i have not had much time to do much

im at the part of burn out !! on warhammer!!

what are some ways to get going again

:hat off

speedygogo:

Well lately i have not had much time to do much
im at the part of burn out !! on warhammer!!
what are some ways to get going again
:hat off

Kera foehunter
Honestly Kera, if you are burnt out take some time away from the hobby. Warhammer is something that can spark a person's creativity but it is not the sum of it. I know that you can paint and sculpt exceptional well. Why not do something else with those wonderful skills.

I also get burnt out on the circular obsession that is warhammer. My real joy is being able to exchange ideas with creative people like yourself. If you are feeling burnt out there is something to there that you don't want to ignore.

If I lived by you I would buy you a pedicure or a massage. Those kinds of things can be very refreshing to a woman's soul. Whatever you decide to do, I would humbly request that you still periodically vist this site. Like many other people, I appreciate you fun and witty insight. I wouldn't care if you never played warhammer again but would certainly miss chatting with you.

Grimstonefire:

I’d have to agree with speedygogo, if you’re burned out about warhammer just take some time out. Finish some projects, sell off old stuff and wait until something new appears to inspire you again.

I often find buying a new armybook and reading through can be very inspirational.

Pyro Stick:

I dont tend to burn out, i just get bored. Then after a few weeks of having nothing to do with warhammer i will feel like paintign etc again. Entering a painting competition can also help get me back into the hobby sometimes.

dedwrekka:

Watch any of the below all weekend without any Warhammer-ing.

Mad Max

Conan the Barbarian

Lord of the Rings

Hellboy/Hellboy 2

Works for me.

GRNDL:

I try to pace myself. I’m not hardcore every free minute do some models, painting or gaming. I do try to spend an hour every day, but sometimes I just watch TV in my studio. I try to do something in the hobby that isn’t Warhammer, or is warhammer based/themed but isn’t a gaming piece.

As an example, I’ve been sculpting a bust of a CD off and on for the last 6-7 months and its a pretty good break. It has a different set of challenges - different sense of scale and detail, materials, procedures, etc. Its different enough to provide a break from the routine, but similar enough to feel like I can do it without learning a whole bunch of new stuff, as a new hobby might.

Kera foehunter:

Thanks Speedy i do think it has apart that i do mostly hang with the men and interacting at work with guys

I think you right !! i need to hang out with some girl !!

the massage and hair done sound great !!

@ Pyro i think your right too i have alot of project in the box of kera misfit stuff

i do get bored

@ Grim sell of well im trading the old for new stuff

@ Grndl I think your right too i should do something once a day

but i may of miss lead you i don’t know if burn out is the word

or i should of said probably get focus which could be both !!

i have a lot of painting and im alway get idea

but i not going to be leaving !! Sorry staff

i feel if i leave i would make the slave post counter family starve do to the lack of work !!

and then we only need one mod!!Because of the fear of a pirate take over of the site

so let me restate how to get more focus !!

snowblizz:

Ironically to me doing various Warhammer stuff help me keep myself interested. I’ll get fed up with something but there’s always something else I’m interested in doing (and that needs to be completed).

That is not to say I keep doing Warhammer stuff all the time, I’ll usually end up with a break now and then. Haven’t been doing too much lately.

Swissdictator:

Right now I’m playing some 40k, very different style of thinking. Lots of fun, plus it reminds me of what is was like in 6th edition fantasy.

Border Reiver:

Burn out? I’m a father of three boys (2 of whom are on the autism spectrum) and I work 2 jobs (full time as a paralegal and part-time as a WO in the Reserves). This is my break.

But from time to time, I get bored of an army - that’s why I have 4 WFB and 2 LOTR armies. And then I try to experience the wonder of life through my boys’ eyes.

speedygogo:

Right now I'm playing some 40k, very different style of thinking. Lots of fun, plus it reminds me of what is was like in 6th edition fantasy.

Swissdictator
I'm with you Swiss. The 40k side of things is also more appealing to me at this time.

Kera foehunter:

well im not into 40 k

but iam getting into ahoy sea battles

i even starting on a new ship

Willmark:

I’m thinking this is a OT topic…

Kera foehunter:

yes i think it been saying on topic too willmark