[Archive] How would you deal with this empire army?

ross_lionheart:

2300pt Empire list
WPS Tourney - 3rd & 4th November 2007

Characters
Arch Lector
War Altar, Heavy Armour, Shield,
Mace of Helsturm
Doomfire Ring

Warrior Priest
Heavy Armour, Shield, Barded Warhorse
Hammer of (Sword of) Battle
Van Horstmann's Speculum

Captain
Pegasus, Full Plate, Lance
Enchanted Shield
Aldred's Casket of Sorcery

Battle Wizard
2nd Level
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

Core Units
25 Swordsmen
inc. full command group

10 Handgunners
inc. Marksman with Hochland Long Rifle

10 Archers

19 Flagellants

5 Knights Panther

Special Units
6 Knights Panther of the Inner Circle
inc. full command group
War Banner

5 Outriders
on Barded steeds
inc. Champion with Hochland Long Rifle

Mortar

Rare Units
Helblaster Volley Gun

Steam Tank

2298pts

That's 7 "spells" per turn, plus hopefully nicking my opponents each turn with the Casket. In defence I have 6 dispel dice plus 2 scrolls.

The army contains one tactical and relatively cheap pegasus, three artillary pieces (inc the tank), a heavy chariot, two hard-hitting units of knights, a tar pit, a ranked-up general combat unit and 34 missile attacks (inc 2 HLRs).

Hopefully that is enough to hold their own against most opponents.

Canix:

Smells of gorgonzola,popemobile ,stank and pegusi how about

2 ES 8BTs lots of hobgoblin shields 100 at least

and either sorc lord and two sorc with scrolls or taurus with kitted out lord should help :hat

ross_lionheart:

Smells of gorgonzola,popemobile ,stank and pegusi how about
2 ES 8BTs lots of hobgoblin shields 100 at least
and either sorc lord and two sorc with scrolls or taurus with kitted out lord should help :hat

Canix
I forgot to mention you can only have one of the same special and one of the same rare choice!

Uzkul Werit:

Unless it was in a tournie, I’d flat out refuse playing the guy. No one should have to put up playing against that steaming hunk of cheese.

Pyro Stick:

When i first got into warhammer and never knew any of the rules, the army that i had to play against was a 3000 point empire with valten, a steam tank, hellblaster, cannon, mortar, everything else, millions of cavalry, etc. It was so unfair. My advice is not to play against empire. Ever.

MrDw:

When i first got into warhammer and never knew any of the rules, the army that i had to play against was a 3000 point empire with valten, a steam tank, hellblaster, cannon, mortar, everything else, millions of cavalry, etc. It was so unfair. My advice is not to play against empire. Ever.

Pyro Stick
Bit harsh.

My first Warhammer Army was Empire.��Not once been accused of cheese, but I have been accused of being too laid back and forgiving of my opponent.

Not all of us are bad guys, just the "WIN AT ALL COSTS" few, that every race has.

This guy does sound like one of those though.

baba yaga:

This is the tourey cheese extraordinaire list, played it recently…

first of all know your enemy, read the prayers of sigmar carefully, they are not allways that usefull.

Second, use high S attacks vs the stank and a S7 shot (earth shaker or deathrocket) on that pesky popemobile.��Once the archlector is on foot, he is just a little sissie.��

Third these rules are just plainley unfavourable for CD’ as we have such a limited choice range

you have the tools to win, make em count, and win the dice roll to go first…

good luck

Uzkul Werit:

I suppose we should be thankful for the lack of Mr Gelt. He did very well at the GT this year - infact, would he be nastier than the Popemobile?

Theory_Man:

Pyro Stick
I feel your pain, my first big game was against a 1500pt chaos army that comprised of 1 unit of chaos warrior and a wicked sorcerer.

Theory_Man:

Easily. Step one, get him to place his army on the table. Step two, place a grenade on the table. Step three, pull the pin and run away. JK