[Archive] How would you feel if

X-Porter:

…Chaos Dwarfs were relocated geographically by GW?

Not that I personally would want this, but having just seen an episode of “Mythbusters” where they tried to reproduce a Korean rocket powered arrow launcher, I got to thinking.

What if we became Araby or Cathay or Nippon? What if we became some “Underdark” race that had no historical analogue? Would you be happy? Would you be outraged? Do you have an opinion as to where we should be?

I personally like the whole Assyrian/Persian thing, but then again, I like the big hats and bulls and found a lot of source material in “300”.

What do you think?

cornixt:

I pursued the CD Nippon idea a while back. While I gave up on it in the end, I still think it has promise.

Ghrask Dragh:

Not too sure about a complete relocation but would be good to see a clans around the warhammer world, we are one of the closest civilisations to Cathay etc so wouldn’t be a big stretch to see some us over there.

There are alot of good things to use for Chaos dwarfs in the film 300, everytime I watch it ideas start floating around, maybe one day.

Servius:

------

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Kera foehunter:

I think groups or clanns of chaos dwarfs Following there evil soccers could be all over the

Cathay and nippons country !!!They have great resorcess!! Lots of slaves

Grimstonefire:

The further away we are from the old world the longer it will take us to get a book…

GRNDL:

@Servius

I think the thread is aimed at a possible retro-continuity , or “retcon” of CDs. As in, they aren’t from Naggrund, but from somewhere else, so the fluff really can’t be used to “prove it wrong.” The idea is that if it were beneficial for GW to rework the CD’s into something completely different to support the models and current warhammer universe, would you be okay with it. GW have done massive shifts in fluff over the years: a good example being the role of the Slann in the world - where there used to be a whole army of Slann AND a lizardman army, now there is one slann per Lizardman army…

So, if CD’s were some troglodyte dwarf race that lived deep in the mountains of Cathay, but looked like the Hellcannon crew or something, would you be okay with that?

theimmortal:

im not exactly sold on the idea of samuari chaos dwarfs personaly, tho if done well enough they might be quite cool

in response to GRNDL post yes id be perfectly happy with that

dedwrekka:

...Chaos Dwarfs were relocated geographically by GW?

Not that I personally would want this, but having just seen an episode of "Mythbusters" where they tried to reproduce a Korean rocket powered arrow launcher, I got to thinking.

What if we became Araby or Cathay or Nippon? What if we became some "Underdark" race that had no historical analogue? Would you be happy? Would you be outraged? Do you have an opinion as to where we should be?

I personally like the whole Assyrian/Persian thing, but then again, I like the big hats and bulls and found a lot of source material in "300".

What do you think?

X-Porter
Unlikely considering that GW has given plenty of evidence that the Chaos Dwarfs are still in the Dark Lands (WH rulebook, Warriors of Chaos, Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms), and thriving in their own way. It's also been mentioned that chaos dwarfs will be dropping their hats and some of the Assyrian look.

I also think the unnecessary conflict this would cause with the Skaven Clan Eshin would disrupt it a bit. As much as that may seem interesting, it would suck from a fan point of view, as you suddenly find favorite personalities or characters killed off suddenly or quickly in the background. Which would be suspected when fighting a huge clan of assassins. Not to mention collapsing a bit of Chaos, Ogre Kingdoms, and Dwarf fluff by moving them to a region that currently exists in the deep background rather than where they are in a central area.

cornixt:

You don’t have to actually move them, just set their main base somewhere else and treat Zharr Naggrund as a distant outpost. There’s enough wiggle room for any race to have an outpost anywhere in the world.

theimmortal:

true if we were in ind or somwhere are likleyhood of geting a book shrinks n shrinks

talking of personalities do you see astrogath returning??

Swissdictator:

I’d prefer to stay where we are. It really fits our background beyond the rockets. We are fairly Persian afterall.

I could see Astrogath returning, though not sure how he’ll be handled.

snowblizz:

Been thinking about it some now. And for me CDs are sort of a packet, it’s several different things that give the appeal. I’m not entirely tied down in the geographical location, but I’d prefer that their imagery and look stay roughly the same. I’d hate to loose the assyrian/babylonian/sumerian theme/look and I like the big hats (though in the guise of how people here have done, more so than the original) as well as the masks.

CheTralfara:

All I know is I wouldn’t be happy seeing Chaos Dwarf samurai… Bearded samurai midgets just don’t sound that stealthy or ninja-like… or whatnot. Besides, who here doesn’t like the darklands? No army looks better with lava and charcol colored bases.

snowblizz:

All I know is I wouldn't be happy seeing Chaos Dwarf samurai... Bearded samurai midgets just don't sound that stealthy or ninja-like.. or whatnot. Besides, who here doesn't like the darklands? No army looks better with lava and charcol colored bases.

CheTralfara
To be fair Samurai were neither stealthy or ninja-like. You might be thinking of Ninjas?

Kera foehunter:

Yea like a chaos dwarf are stealthy!! when they sneak up it sound like a tank with there

heavy armor clanking !! it wake the dead

Even more funny a ninja flat footed cd running a crossed the roof

seeing the roof shake under the compact weight

cornixt:

I came up with some fluff for CD assassins. There are so proud of their skills that rather than being stealthy they were covered in bells to warn their prey, even going so far as to arm their opponent in advance for a fairer fight.

Willmark:

Nope. I’ve written a complete Nippon armbook, no chaos dwarfs in it! :wink:

theimmortal:

i see them having a type of hitman, more than stealthy there more psycotic killing machines…