[Archive] Hullo **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

Dînadan:

Haven�?Tt been on in awhile, so thought I�?Td say hello to announce my return. Been in a bit of a funk lately when it came to coming on here for some reason which is why I�?Tve been away for a bit (plus I�?Tve been distracted lately with Necromunda stuff), but starting to feel a bit more motivated so hopefully will be back to being on here as normal. Hopefully motivation/inspiration to get back to doing CD minis will strike soon, so watch this space*. :slight_smile:

*tempted by getting into Saga Age of Magic and doing it in 15mm using Tjub�?Ts Tjublings, but that�?Ts just an idea atm, no solid plans as of yet, so no promises this will materialise. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nicodemus:

Great to have you back! Be sure to keep us in the loop with anything you’re working on!!

Dînadan:

Thanks Nicodemus. :hat off

tjub:

Ah, yea. That can happen from time to time. Got to feel the mojo, good to have you back whatever hobby project you got cooking at the moment!

And btw, let it be known that I fully support you going through and follow your urges, haha! :hat off

Dînadan:

Thanks Tjub, and lol.

Need to get around to buying the Saga books before starting anything so I can better work out what I�?Tll need to buy for it. Fortunately list building for Saga is simple compared to WH or KoW (everything is 1pt and average army is ~8pts from what I�?Tve read). Current plan is to multibase so will also have to work out how many will fit on a base (idea is that I�?Td stick to unit sizes, ranges, etc as in the usual 28mm, but each base will be 2-3 guys instead of one, so a unit of warriors for example will be a unit of 16-24 guys instead of 8, and each wound the unit takes will remove a base instead of a single dwarf, so the unit will take casualties just like in 28mm). Biggest stumbling block will be trying to convince others to try doing it in 15mm, but even if I can�?Tt, I�?Tll probably do it anyway and just say they�?Tre gnomes or something when they go up against 28mm guys, lol. (Side note, there�?Ts preliminary plans at my local club to play Mordheim again later in the year, and currently I�?Tm considering doing a Snotling warband just for fun and so I could get 15mm orcs/goblins for it and also use them alongside the Tjublings in Saga as Levy units. :wink: )

tjub:

Thanks Tjub, and lol.

Need to get around to buying the Saga books before starting anything so I can better work out what I�?Tll need to buy for it.  Fortunately list building for Saga is simple compared to WH or KoW (everything is 1pt and average army is ~8pts from what I�?Tve read).  Current plan is to multibase so will also have to work out how many will fit on a base (idea is that I�?Td stick to unit sizes, ranges, etc as in the usual 28mm, but each base will be 2-3 guys instead of one, so a unit of warriors for example will be a unit of 16-24 guys instead of 8, and each wound the unit takes will remove a base instead of a single dwarf, so the unit will take casualties just like in 28mm).  Biggest stumbling block will be trying to convince others to try doing it in 15mm, but even if I can�?Tt, I�?Tll probably do it anyway and just say they�?Tre gnomes or something when they go up against 28mm guys, lol. (Side note, there�?Ts preliminary plans at my local club to play Mordheim again later in the year, and currently I�?Tm considering doing a Snotling warband just for fun and so I could get 15mm orcs/goblins for it and also use them alongside the Tjublings in Saga as Levy units. ;) )

Dînadan
Ah, had someone else on FB talking about Saga Age of Magic as well. Might be something to look out for, haven't played the original yet. Just know there is a dice mechanic to it.
Regarding 15mm, its great. Faster to paint and easier logistically, can't recommend it enough. Should your group struggle to take the leap maybe a two factions and some promo games could do it? There are actually loads of different suppliers out there. Ral Parthas Demonworld is by far my favorite range, with a heavy Old School GW feel to them.

And btw, just to do some self promotion. Ive spent the winter sculpting some 15mm Hobgoblins for Admiralty Miniatures, which should be available soon I hope. In case that could be interesting as "snotlings".

Dînadan:

If you�?Tre talking about a comment on a recent Admiralty Miniatures post, that was probably me. :wink:

Funny you should mention Ral Partha - have been looking at their Demonworld stuff for the �?~snotlings�?T ;).

Seen your hobgoblin WiPs on the AM FB page; due to the way Saga works, what I might do is go with the Demonworld stuff to be greenskin slaves, then pick up some of your hobs to use as Warrior units in a greenskin army.

Also, unlikely to happen due to how ambitious it is, what I wouldn�?Tt mind doing at some point is doing a WH/KoW/9A army using the 15mm and again multibasing, but playing it as if with 28mm so the army would look really big and epic without it taking ages to do a single turn. (Although again hurdle would be convincing others to also do 15mm armies). Will also need to experiment with bases if I did go down this route so that I could use the same minis for both (doesn�?Tt help that I�?Tm considering hex bases for Saga so will need to figure out how to make them fit squares). �Y�"

tjub:

If you�?Tre talking about a comment on a recent Admiralty Miniatures post, that was probably me. ;)

Funny you should mention Ral Partha - have been looking at their Demonworld stuff for the �?~snotlings�?T ;).

Seen your hobgoblin WiPs on the AM FB page; due to the way Saga works, what I might do is go with the Demonworld stuff to be greenskin slaves, then pick up some of your hobs to use as Warrior units in a greenskin army.

Also, unlikely to happen due to how ambitious it is, what I wouldn�?Tt mind doing at some point is doing a WH/KoW/9A army using the 15mm and again multibasing, but playing it as if with 28mm so the army would look really big and epic without it taking ages to do a single turn. (Although again hurdle would be convincing others to also do 15mm armies).  Will also need to experiment with bases if I did go down this route so that I could use the same minis for both (doesn�?Tt help that I�?Tm considering hex bases for Saga so will need to figure out how to make them fit squares). �Y�"

Dînadan
Ah, haha... Owen? :cheers
Btw, I know there are people in the 15mm Fantasy page on FB doing 15mm WFB. There is also the rules from Battle Valor for mass battle or if you prefer hexes the old Demonworld rules?

Dînadan:

Ah, haha... Owen? :cheers

tjub
Yup. :hat off

Btw, I know there are people in the 15mm Fantasy page on FB doing 15mm WFB. There is also the rules from Battle Valor for mass battle or if you prefer hexes the old Demonworld rules?

I�?Tll have to check those out. :hat off

Admiral:

Yay, welcome back! :cheers

Dînadan:

Thanks Admiral :hat off