[Archive] I want to do a battle report...but

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I’m thinking of making a You-tube battle report movie, but considering that I want Stop Motion segments and fully painted mini’s…and I’m the only one who has either…that I’ll be facing myself as an opponient.

Is this “unethical”, or does it really matter?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thommy H:

Why don’t you just get someone else to use your miniatures?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well, it’s the whole “Do you want to stick around for 8 hours while I stop-motion this thing?” question.

…ok, I’ll be truthful…I have no friends!

Nicodemus:

Nah, play a game against an opponent and keep some notes, then reenact all the best bits and summarize the rest :wink:

Thommy H:

Yeah. That’s the general concept behind GW’s battle reports - they play then, keep copious notes and maps, then set them up nicely for photographs later, with all the units in the right positions so there aren’t dice and bits of paper everywhere.

richard barby:

i have watched a lot of videos on youtube i recon its best to go for photos and give comentarys of them. there a lot easier for people to follow running videos with hand held cameras are not easy to watch with it moving around so much

mrmalorian and vaulsc are some of the better ones (vaulsc goes to my local club)

cornixt:

Just take a photo at the end of each turn and then recreate the battle in stop motion from those photos.