Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss Warriors _12 pts

M WS BS S T W I A LD

Warrior 3 4 3 3 4 1 2 1 8

Champion 3 4 3 3 4 1 2 2 8

Unit size 10+

Core

Equipment:

Hand weapon, light armor, shield and Blunderbuss

May upgrade one model to a champion for 10 pts, a standard bearer for 10 pts and a musician for 5 pts.

Unyielding

Chaos Dwarf units flee and pursue 2D6-1�?� instead of the normal 2D6�?�.

Implacable

Chaos Dwarf infantry units may march even if there are enemy units close enough to inhibit march moves.

Blunderbuss:

Blunderbusses may move and fire and have a range of 12. Roll a number of dice equal to the unit strength of the unit/figure being targeted or the unit strength of the blunderbuss unit (must pick the option that would produce the lower number of dice). For each 3+ resolve a hit against the unit at strength 4.

This allows the blunderbuss to be somewhat more useful against bigger targets (like ogres, calvary and large targets). The lower strength represents the chaos dwarf designing a range weapon that has more of a chance of temporarily disabling a enemy rather then killing them out-right (more slaves after the battle that way), the rules also make the blunderbuss a wicked weapon to use against a bunch of light infantry (a good weapon for the chaos dwarfs to have during slave/hobgoblin uprisings).

Theory_Man:

Links to some of my ideas

Ground Rockets

Demon Bots

asheira:

i kinda like it but i prefer the old ones

Theory_Man:

Hobgoblin Infantry _3 pts

M WS BS S T W I A LD
Hobgoblin 4 3 3 3 3 1 2 1 6
Champion 4 4 4 3 3 1 2 1 6

Unit size 20+
Core
does not count towards the number of minimum core units required in your army

Equipment:
Hand weapon. May have shield (+1pt), light armor (+1pt) and/or bow (+3pts)
May upgrade one model to a champion for 5 pts, a standard bearer for 5 pts and a musician for 2 pts.

Fearful but brave in numbers:
Hobgoblins are stubborn if they outnumber their opponent. However, all enemy units that outnumber the hobgoblin units are considered to be fear causing units onto the hobgoblins.

Theory_Man:

I would like to state now the purpose of this thread. The purpose of this idea is to organize my ideas little by little until I have enough to create an army “books” like the one that Herr Grim Stonefire and Revlid did (you guys did an awesome job on your rules)(sorry if I’m forgetting someone).

Chaos Dwarf Warriors _8 pts

M WS BS S T W I A LD
Warrior 3 4 3 3 4 1 2 1 8
Champion 3 4 3 3 4 1 2 2 8

Unit size 10+
Core

Equipment:
Hand weapon, heavy armor, shield
May upgrade all models to great weapons for 1 pt per model
May upgrade one model to a champion for 10 pts, a standard bearer for 10 pts and a musician for 5 pts

Unyielding
Chaos Dwarf infantry units flee and pursue 2D6-1�?� instead of the normal 2D6�?�.

Implacable
Chaos Dwarf units may march even if there are enemy units close enough to inhibit march moves.

Revlid:

Blunderbuss:
Blunderbusses may move and fire and have a range of 12. Roll a number of dice equal to the unit strength of the unit/figure being targeted. For each 4+ (3+ for 2 or more complete ranks) resolve a hit against the unit at strength 3 with a -1 to armor saves.

This allows the blunderbuss to be somewhat more useful against bigger targets (like ogres, calvary and large targets). The lower strength represents the chaos dwarf designing a range weapon that has more of a chance of temporarily disabling a enemy rather then killing them out-right (more slaves after the battle that way), the rules also make the blunderbuss a wicked weapon to use against a bunch of light infantry (a good weapon for the chaos dwarfs to have during slave/hobgoblin uprisings).

Theory_Man
These rules allow an individual blunderbussier to be almost exactly as effective as a unit of 20 blunderbussiers against anything.

Theory_Man:

These rules allow an individual blunderbussier to be almost exactly as effective as a unit of 20 blunderbussiers against anything.

Revlid
Right, I will change the rules a bit. Thanks for catching that.

Theory_Man:

Chaos Dwarf Bull Centaurs _24 pts

M WS BS S T W I A LD
Bull Centaur 6 4 3 4 5 1 2 2 9
Champion 6 4 3 4 5 1 2 3 9

Unit size 5+
Special

Equipment:
Great weapons, heavy armor, shield
May swap the the Great weapons for 2 hand weapon for free
May upgrade one model to a champion for 15 pts, a standard bearer for 15 pts and a musician for 10 pts.
May have a Magic Banner worth up to 50 pts.

Implacable
Chaos Dwarf units may march even if there are enemy units close enough to inhibit march moves.

Bull Centaurs
Bull centaurs are treated as infantry with a unit strength of 2 per model and their Great Weapons only confer a +1 strength bonus. When a Bull centaur unit changes another unit over half or more of it’s charge distance, It Inflicts D6 S4 impact hits.

Theory_Man:

Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders _12 pts

M WS BS S T W I A LD
Hobgoblin 4 3 3 3 3 1 2 1 7
Champion 4 4 4 3 3 1 2 2 7

Unit size 5+
Special

Equipment:
Hand weapon, shield, light armor
May have a bow for 3 pts per model
May have a spear for 1 pt per model
May upgrade one model to a champion for 10 pts, a standard bearer for 10 pts and a musician for 5 pts.

Fast Calvary

Independent
Hobgoblin Wolf Riders are not effected from the Fearful but brave in numbers special rule for Hobgoblin infantry. Hobgoblin Wolf Riders may not use the leadership of the army general.

A Clever Charge
Enemy units may only elect to Hold against a charging unit of Hobgoblin Wolf Riders.

Theory_Man:

I’m thinking of ideas to revise the heroes and lord section of the army list.

Lords

Sorcerer Lord

Bull Centaur Lord

Heroes

Chaos dwarf hero

Sorcerer

Chaos dwarf engineer plus apprentices

1.) Make a rule that if a sorcerer is included in the army then a sorcerer must be the army general and at the same time make the hero level sorcerer Leadership 8 and the lord sorcerer leadership 9. This rule would be counterbalanced by a special rule allowing chaos dwarf infantry units, Bull Centaurs and chaos dwarf artillery crew to use the leadership of the army standard bearer in then are within 12 of the army standard bearer (the standard bearer would have leadership value of 10).

2.) Chaos dwarf heroes (not sorcerers) who are not the Army Standard Bearer can one of the following have a trait (for a certain amount of points).

Envoy To Chaos

Chaos Dwarf Army may include Chaos Warriors, Chaos Marauders or Marauder Horsemen as core in their army list. Theses units may only have the mark of chaos undivided. This trait may not be chosen if another chaos dwarf hero is has one the following traits, slaver or diplomat.

Slaver

Chaos Dwarf Army may include Goblins, Orc Boyz, Orc Arrer Boyz as core in their army list. Theses units do not count towards the minimum number of core units. The Chaos Dwarf army may include a unit of Black Orcs as a special choice.This trait may not be chosen if another chaos dwarf hero is has the one of the following traits, envoy to chaos or diplomat.

Diplomat

Chaos Dwarf Army may include Ogre Bulls, Ogre Ironguts or Ogre Leadbelchers as special choices in their army list.This trait may not be chosen if another chaos dwarf hero is has one of the following traits, envoy to chaos or slaver.

Emissary to Hashut

So long as this model is alive, you gain +2 dispel dice. Any unit lead by this hero hates all enemy units.

3.) No Bull Centaur Hero choice, but the a Bull centaur lord choice is still there. The Bull centaur lord choice would be on a 40mm by 40mm base. He would also have options to him fly, breath fire, and other cool stuff. In this way one could count a lord riding a Taurus as being a bull centaur Lord under theses rules.

4.) No more chaos dwarf lords or Tauruses. But I’m keeping the Sorcerer Lord and Lammasu.

5.) Chaos dwarf engineer plus 1-3 apprentices. A new hero type. The chaos dwarf engineer and apprentices would carry cool weapons like bazookas. (I really like a all the cool weapons that a lot of you guy and gals are coming up with, but if you included all theses units the army list would have way too many special choices compared to other armies. This seems like a good solution to that problem).

Theory_Man:

Death Rocket _115 points

M WS BS S T W I A LD

Death Rocket - - - - 7 3 - - -

Crew 3 4 3 3 4 1 2 1 8

Special

One Death rocket and 2 chaos dwarf crew (armed with hand weapons and light armor).

Firing the machine

Select a point on the battle field up to 48 inches away from the mouth of the death rocket. Roll a D6, artillery die, and a scatter die. The shot scatters a number of inches equal to the product of the artillery die and the D6 in the direction of the scatter die (if a misfire is rolled consult the misfire chart for a cannon). Any model within the D6 that was rolled previously takes a strength 4 hit with no armor save. Any unit that takes a casualty must take a panic test.

I’m also thinking of adding a set of rocket upgrades.