[Archive] Ideas for a nurgle chariot?

Grimstonefire:

I’m scratch building a nurgle chariot so I can actually use my korpus festerheart sculpt.  There is just no way he will rank up on a 25mm base without looking stupid.

On a chariot however it will work fine.

I’m using the current chaos knight horses and a chaos warrior who I’ve converted to have a scythe.

Where I am stuck though is what to do on the front of the chariot housing part??  The WoC book isn’t really inspiring, and seeing as it has my sculpted lord in it I want it to look cool.

I have already constructed the basic frame of the housing part and detailed the inside with a pretty nifty star/ nurgle symbol on the base and a ‘hammered metal’ look.  Iron all the way, none of the nurgle = wood stuff here.

Any ideas or links for the front?  Also the haft as well.

Nicodemus:

I'm scratch building a nurgle chariot so I can actually use my korpus festerheart sculpt.  There is just no way he will rank up on a 25mm base without looking stupid.

On a chariot however it will work fine.

I'm using the current chaos knight horses and a chaos warrior who I've converted to have a scythe.

Where I am stuck though is what to do on the front of the chariot housing part??  The WoC book isn't really inspiring, and seeing as it has my sculpted lord in it I want it to look cool.

I have already constructed the basic frame of the housing part and detailed the inside with a pretty nifty star/ nurgle symbol on the base and a 'hammered metal' look.  Iron all the way, none of the nurgle = wood stuff here.

Any ideas or links for the front?  Also the haft as well.

Grimstonefire
Needs a mass of tangled bodies of dead and dying plague victims with maggoty orifaces and weird nurgle intestine/tentacles come out of them... with all the bodies strapped together and to the frame of the chariot so it really instills terror in enemy lines.

Grimstonefire:

That would be easy enough, I have a skeleton sprue around somewhere.

Xander:

Stumbled on this today, not sure if it helps.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=5800001a

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m650004a_2009-11-02_2_873x627.jpg

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m650003a_2009-11-02_2_370x278.jpg

Baggronor:

Ahh the old Plague Cart. Quality :slight_smile:

chariot housing part??
You mean the main chariot body where the dude rides? A tricky one. Perhaps some kind of ‘Tribe of the Crow’ inspiration? Crows are Nurgle’s totem creature after all. Or maybe you could look at the tangled bodies from the Corpse Cart? Have them overflowing…ewwww… corpses nailed to the front of the chariot?

If you’re working it in iron, then presumably a rusted metal look, with general mank on it. Perhaps some ramshackle-looking wheels (maybe OnG bits?) or maybe really heavy metal wheels (Hellcannon wheels?).

orclord:

I have made several mortal war altars and I have them on my youtube videos. Please take a look username timmaccowan I hope this gives you Ideas. Thanks Orclord