[Archive] If you could(1)

Method:

Here is something new. I was wondering if players could fix one unit/object in the LOA rules what would it be.

The catch is, the item/unit’s point cost must stay the same. It could be a simple fix, or an elaborate one, a power increase, or toning one down… but the rules of the game are, the points cannot change on the unit type.

As i am interested in hearing the rest of the community’s I will go ahead and give mine first.

For the Dreadquake mortar (my favorite unit) I would simply expand the dangerous tests to fail on a 1 or 2. (too powerful? maybe but a perfect rival to the more dynamic hellcannon)  :hat off
thoughts everyone?

Da Crusha:

1 or a 2 sounds good. i would definitely consider it more often than how it stands right now. the hell cannon would still be better imo.

furrie:

I would let the fireglaives stand and shoot even if the enemy is to close.

Blackspine:

for their points, I’d give Ironsworn Stubborn or another attack.

or both.

right now, their very hard to make work / justify their stiff price tag. Just one point short of a IG w blunderbuss

Thommy H:

I’d just rewrite all the war machine rules so they were workable. They could substitute whole paragraphs with “is a stone thrower as described in the Warhammer rulebook”. This includes the Iron Daemon as well, which is just a total mess.

Marduk:

for their points, I'd give Ironsworn Stubborn or another attack.
or both.

right now, their very hard to make work / justify their stiff price tag. Just one point short of a IG w blunderbuss

Blackspine
+1 Attack for Ironsworn.