[Archive] IG great weapon conversion: GW question

Blackspine:

Ahoy.

I’m starting the long slogging road on my IG, and want to know if the WoC great weapon bits fit our IG.

These are the bits in question:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440112a&prodId=prod1710174a

If anyone knows or has hands on experience or has seen an army blog, I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Skink:

I can’t find photos anymore but an English painting studio on e-bay (Sherwood Studios) converted 40 IG using these Great Weapons. They ranked fine, although with the usual problems everyone has in ranking Infernal Guards…

Kera foehunter:

I think they would work… i have used chaos maurather two handed weapons before

if there hands are spaced two far apart you could cut in middle and pin it and reglue them.

you can also put the hands opposite to give a chopping look.

Plus being they have gloves it should fit the scale better and there arms will not be to long.

My 2 cents is 15.00 is cheep

the girls with the two handed weapons where chaos Maurather

Smog:

http://oi43.tinypic.com/t8ryfb.jpg

These use the marauder flails. They have been cut at the wrists and the shaft have been shortened and pinned. They rank up fine.

wodan:

Myself i just use the IG kit

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Da Crusha:

looks good kera

nicely done wodan

Kera foehunter:

Thanks !!

I think wodan did a very fine job too

wodan:

And pretty easy to realize.

Juste the hardest part is to cut off the hand from the shield.

Da Crusha:

And pretty easy to realize.

Juste the hardest part is to cut off the hand from the shield.

wodan
maybe you could make several casts of the hands with the great weapon and then magnetize your models for versatility. that way you could swap out your gear from game to game.

how do they rank up?

wodan:

I don’t really like magnetized equipments for minis.

I’ll realize 25 with great weapon and 25 classics with shields and hand weapon.

EDIT:

I don’t really like magnetized equipments for minis.

I’ll realize 25 with great weapon and 25 classics with shields and hand weapon.

wodan
They rank pretty similar as the classical HW/shield. So not very fone due to te size of the corpse and the large shoulders. But not worse.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Wodan - looking at that pose, I cannot see any way for those to rank up. Can you take a picture of yours? If it looks ok, I may have to start converting…

Grimbold Blackhammer

wodan:

I’ll take a picture this evening. :slight_smile:

Edit: Here is the (small) unit in rank

Blackspine:

damn.

sexy IG.

How was removing their hand from the shield? or did you use fireglaives?

wodan:

I just use a cutter to separe shield and hand. After that i use the cutter to rectify the hand and have a plane surface where was the shield and ponce the shield surface.

No fireglaives bits, i don’t want to “waste” pieces. I juste use the “axe” weapons to make heavy weapons. Not the picks (to small). So with a 10 IG kit, i can realize 6 heavy weapons IG and 4 normal hand weapon and shield one.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

That’s a nice conversion! I would have sworn they wouldn’t rank up but you found a way to make it happen. Nicely done!

Grimbold Blackhammer

Abecedar:

Yes, they are very nicely done.

Have started on the FW IG Fireglaives and haven’t gotten anywhere near my FW IG’s and I’ve come to realise my fat fingers don’t like multi-part models at all.

gIL^:

These are looking great.

But im gonna wait for Kara-Nak’s conversion parts :smiley:

Goltor Lintrepide:

Real good work there wodan.