[Archive] IG Horde, w/ Great weapons

Blackspine:

Ahoy all.

I’ve been thinking of a more ‘fighting’ Chaos Dwarf list.

One of the things that I’ve been toying with is the IG GW horde. At 34-37 models (full command)

Ideally, this is where the Castellan goes, maybe even the lvl 2 w lore of metal.

The plan is to have a monstrous lvl 4 run around w lore of Hash and sig spell for hatred.

How have the IG w gw performed for you? Is it worth the huge point sink? How do you support them?

thanks

Da Crusha:

personally Im a fan of igs with great weapons. I think the strength is worth it. people usually dont like to give away the extra armour save but really its only one point of less armor save.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I’ve found that with M3, no one engages them until they are whittled down enough to be manageable. If your opponent has any redirectors, this unit will never see combat.

Grimbold Blackhammer

Goltor Lintrepide:

Agree with Grimbold.

Vardan Painkiller:

You can use +1M banner, and use normal warriors with GW, Ig would cost over 650 pts for 37 models, i think its way too much.

Da Crusha:

if you’re gonna play them in one unit then there may be problems with re directors and stuff like that, mind you there is still an army around the unit to deal with redirectors. but in 2 units I think it will be a good investment and even though they have Movement 3 they still have an average charge range of 10". its not incredibly easier to avoid compared to a M4 model. your average M4 guy has only 1" further charge on average.

Geist:

Blunderbusses, so worth it. Specially if its a multi wound unit coming at you, hit them with ash storm then shoot the hell out of them with flaming banner blunderbusses. Even if they are single wound the sheer amount of fire you can put into some one, gods help anyone who tries to charge.

WORGORE:

Would have to agree with most of the comments here. Great on paper but in reality they will never get their points back.

Blackspine:

Thanks for all the comments.

I have to say, after doing the math and seeing the list flush out, the horde really isn’t that feasible.

It devours all the core, too slow etc etc.

For about the same points, I got 2 units of 22-24 IG, full command. One with HW/Sh, one with GW’s.

The performed quite well. One was the anvil (with BSB) and the GW’s were the hammer.