[Archive] I'm stuck at home in the snow so i'm

nitroglysarine:

…Doing some sculpting as I’m stuck in the snow, a sewer is backing up outside so I can’t go out, The car won’t start now, the kids school is shut and my duties around the house are done.

Anyone else got some winter blues?

snowblizz:

No, sorry! I just got home for uni for some Xmas leave, well it’s not technically leave, Ph D students are never off the clock, but at least I’m not in my chilly studio at Uni.

So for once I’m pretty darned cheerful. It’ll pass any time now I’m sure. At the latest when my mom shows up from school and complains about all the stupid kids she has to deal with. Edit: that’s the front door, so I guess by the time I post this my good mood will have passed.

Stuck in the snow, eh? Ya Britts, well Welsh, needed the good kick in the backside each year that the winter is.

I’ve always maintained that no proper winter turns people into lazy bums. Having to work hard for half the year to make of for the other half lost under the snow breeds hardy people.

At least you have time to do some hobbying. I’ve practically not got anything done for the better part of this year.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Snowfall is also quite bad here… I just got home from work and visibility on the highway was like 2 metres. :confused:

Loki:

its just started up hear again :frowning:

Blue in VT:

....Doing some sculpting as I'm stuck in the snow, a sewer is backing up outside so I can't go out, The car won't start now, the kids school is shut and my duties around the house are done.

nitroglysarine
I'm sorry that you are feeling blue....to me this sounds like a good chance to get some quality work done...don't sweat the small stuff...it will figure it self out eventually.

We have just had our first decent snowfall here in Vermont...about 6in...but I'm expecting a big one any time now....and looking fwd to it!

Hang in there and make the best of it!

Blue

Anonymouse:

Just got home from an 8 hour shift in the bleedin’ factory (kids, if you think a good University-degree will get you anywhere nowadays: don’t bet on it :P) and I love it outside: only -5, just 10 cm of snow, I’m happy. :smiley:

nitroglysarine:

Yeah not sweating the little things, i’m of the school of thought, ‘don’t worry be happy’

zobo1942:

My entire family came down with a horrible flu last night - we’ve only gotten a couple of hours of sleep each, and we’ve all been puking since about 10pm last night. However, I’ve managed to hold down some gatorade… which is good. I may try eating something in a few hours.

Stupid Nurgle!

Does that count as winter blues?

Baggronor:

The car won't start now, the kids school is shut and my duties around the house are done.

Money is the ever-present worry but apart from that, things are ok for me.
My entire family came down with a horrible flu last night - we've only gotten a couple of hours of sleep each, and we've all been puking since about 10pm last night. However, I've managed to hold down some gatorade... which is good. I may try eating something in a few hours.

Stupid Nurgle!

Does that count as winter blues?
I'd say so :( Sounds like that 'orrible norovirus thing. Hope it passes soon dude.

Giftzwerg:

....Doing some sculpting as I'm stuck in the snow, a sewer is backing up outside so I can't go out, The car won't start now, the kids school is shut and my duties around the house are done.

nitroglysarine
It's summer here. currently 15 - 25 degreesC min to max. 17 hours of daylight. and we don't get snow in winter anyway.:hat off.

Incidently, I read a theory recently that depression was a survival mechanism that helped people survive the winters. Something to do with huddling in the cave instead of going out into the elements.

zobo1942:

We seem to be on the mend, for which I’m grateful.

Listening to your kids throw up is one of the scariest things I’ve ever heard.

G.2:

It's summer here. currently 15 - 25 degreesC min to max. 17 hours of daylight. and we don't get snow in winter anyway.:hat off.

Giftzwerg
We must be from the same part of the world, as it is summer here too. I am in Melbourne, Australia. But it has been raining nearly every day for the last few weeks. Some days the rain has been really bad that it has caused some minor flooding...and it is SUMMER.

I have been indoors most of the time, with the kids. Even though I have not been painting/modelling, I have been busy with my other hobby, collecting and playing with Lego.
Listening to your kids throw up is one of the scariest things I've ever heard.

zobo1942
It is not really a pleasant sound. They do feel misrable and are very upset, but you just 'harden' up and look after them. The joys of being a parent.

Redhammer:

Well, no snow here, but plenty of rain and no car! As such, I’m going to try to make some more blunderbussers while also writing a 12 page paper and trying to figure out where I’m going to live once January starts… Ah, waiting on calls… How I loathe thee.

Abecedar:

nitroglysarine
Sorry Nitro but got some summer ones. Its the holiday season and we are about to be inundated with probably 5 to 10 foot deep of tourists per square yard.

G'day Giftzwerg .. are you in Aus' somewhere?

G'day G.2, .. I'm about 9 hours and 730 odd k's north of you in Moruya NSW.

Giftzwerg:

G'day Giftzwerg .. are you in Aus' somewhere?

Abecedar
Yair - well almost. We are in a little village on the edge of the world - on Tasmanias' sunny east coast. We've had a wetter summer than usual so far - it's the la Nina. No really bad flooding where I am tho'. We also get flooded with tourists in summer, the population quadruples. forecasts are for fewer this year with the mining boom and the resulting high $A.