[Archive] I'm usally not one for DC Comics, but

Willmark:

Green Lantern trailer

G.2:

Thanks for sharing the trailer. It looks good. But I am not a fan of the DC comics, so I may skip this one.

inkpwn:

It doesn’t matter if your not a fan of the comic, its a movie, its not asking anything more than a small amount of time to experiance some high octane fun.
The series is great ,the recent war of light has really been a step up across the board and set a fantastic example for future large scale comic book events and the concept even cooler if a tad confusing.
The only problem I have is that the costumes look…odd, oh well
In brightest day
In darkest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worhip evils might
Beware are my power
GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!

Well, I do know three oaths to prove my fandom=

In loudest din
In hush profound
I hear evils slightest sound
Let those who toul out evils nel
BEWARE MY POWER F-SHARPS BELL!

In brightest day
In darkest night…
Watermelon… cantalope…
Villians are a supersticious and cowardly lot
With liberty and justice for all!

On a side note, why does my post count go up so spuraticaly?

Willmark:

Posting in OT does not count towards your over post count.

inkpwn:

Oh I see. Well there you go, thanks :slight_smile:

Anybody know the UK release date for this?

cornixt:

Superhero movies are always at risk of looking silly, but few manage it. The trailer for this does though, IMO. Might be the excessive bright green.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I like that Ryan Reynolds is playing a superhero, looks good. However, I think that DC comics are dull and bland at the best of times and always seem to have the "super"hero not have any actual powers (Batman has money, Green Lantern has a magic ring, Superman needs to be on Earth, etc). Not one for me, unfortunately.

nitroglysarine:

Ryan Reynolds also played Deadpool.

Also, if anyone hasn’t seen Thor, I very much advise it. Really enjoyed it, but I am a sucker for Iron man. (bit of crossover)

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, he played Wayne. Someone else played the actual Deadpool part, lol.

I concur with Thor. I had just one fault with it, in that it felt like it was entirely build-up. Having said that, it wasn’t the usual sucky type, but actually a decent go of things, IMO!

Willmark:

Might be the excessive bright green.

cornixt
First time reading about Green Lantern eh?

nitroglysarine:

Well, he played Wayne. Someone else played the actual Deadpool part, lol.

I concur with Thor. I had just one fault with it, in that it felt like it was entirely build-up. Having said that, it wasn't the usual sucky type, but actually a decent go of things, IMO!

Hashut's Blessing
Yeah, The Avengers movie is the next step I think, then possibly Nick Fury, then Iron Man 3.

cornixt:

Might be the excessive bright green.

cornixt
First time reading about Green Lantern eh?

Willmark
I have been aware of it for a while, never read the comics though.
But, damn, that's a hell of a lot of greenness.

inkpwn:

I like that Ryan Reynolds is playing a superhero, looks good. However, I think that DC comics are dull and bland at the best of times and always seem to have the "super"hero not have any actual powers (Batman has money, Green Lantern has a magic ring, Superman needs to be on Earth, etc). Not one for me, unfortunately.

Hashut's Blessing
So super heros arnt heros if they have to use a object?
So if your discounting DC because of this are you ignoring powerless marvel characters moon night, nick fury, iron man, war machine, thor (to a lesser extent), dr strange (to an even lesser extend) e.t.c e.t.c e.t.c
Heck even character like hellboy only have 'powers' when the plot validates it.
If you think DC comic are bland then you havnt been reading DC comics (I'm not a DC fanboy, I'm a everyone fan boy so there's no byas involved here fyi)

Superman is also fine off earth, he just needs a source of sunlight after an extended period of time, like two weeks or something.
If anybody wants some good comics to read in the meen time try=
Green lantern=
Sinestro corp wars
Blackest night

Doom patrol, grant morrison run

Animal man, grant morrison run

DC's 52

Fables

Anything hellboy or bprd ;)

The main piece of marvels cival war and its x-men arc

Marvels Ultimates universe (all of it ;) , well except maybe spider man )

Kick ass (part twos out now in monthly paperback)

Y the last man

Invincable

Deadpool and cable

Ummm.....ummmmm ok I'm going to stop now before I go upstairs and type down everything I own.

Willmark:

It used to bother me more when I was younger about “non-powered” heroes but Green Lantern has done well with it over the years and explaining the yellow weakness the way they did was genius.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Actually, I wasn’t ignoring them at all. The difference with the Marvel examples given - some of them actually have personalities and some have flaws (actual personality ones). But, let’s not derail this thread nay more than we have :wink:

inkpwn:

Agreed, that seemed very ranty. It was to late to post competantly.

Trailers on TV over here now. Its still lookin good. Even if they do get the oath wrong >.<