[Archive] In other News (good, but not GW)

hashuts lil helper:

The three NE US Indy GT organizers (conflict, colonial, and crossroads) have agreed that Kevin Coleman (writer of the Gnoblar list from white dwarf) can write a tournament official Chaos dwarf list that will be allowed in their GT’s.  Expect it to be a wacky mechanist list. probably mid tiered power level.  want to play CD’s at a GT tournament level? Come on down.  

I just got this email from Kevin

Re: chaos dwarfs

Sent at: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:45 pm

To: allanmcnab

Hi allanmcnab,

Once I finish the main list, which is close, playtesting will be open to everyone interested. Probably sometime in May, earlier than later and will go on for all summer long! Thanks for you’re interest!

Kevin out

cornixt:

Ah, Kevin has produced some pretty cool rules in the past, he wrote the Goblin Ecology rules and has won at least one tournament with a Goblin army.

Swissdictator:

Interesting. I will be very interested in seeing this list.

Let him know about www.wwhfb.com and www.iwfb.org please… those are the WI and IL forums for warhammer, and are the big upper midwest sites.

hashuts lil helper:

Possibly jeff might be willing to run these in the buckeye battles as well.  If enough of the indy GT’s are willing to use the list and they prove popular, perhaps (although not b****y likely) GW will sit up and take notice

wallacer:

That shows a surprising amount of open-mindedness on the part of the organisers.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yes…and a surprising ammount of interest in CD’s. This should be a very interesting list indeed!

Revlid:

I hope it’s a good 'un. While the Gnoblar Horde list was interesting, and certainly fun, it wasn’t exactly competitive.

Canix:

Yeah ,i thought this would happen (allowing CD)however who would have thought they would redesign CD. Lets hope they use some of the excellent work thats been carried out by some of the army designers on CDO . :hat

hashuts lil helper:

I hope it's a good 'un. While the Gnoblar Horde list was interesting, and certainly fun, it wasn't exactly competitive.

Revlid
In the current environment hat we have now isn't that competitive, and also not that fun. Not competitive, and fun would be a step up. (gnoblars were not really designed to be competitive though. ) Kevin is all about the fun, although as I said, this army is supposedly going to be mid tier. It will be interesting to see how a more "open source" army will balance out. Playtesting will be readily available including some of the top talent on the east coast. Should be a great contrast to how GW does things.

Method:

see if he’ll let the warmongers or Page 5, playtest…

I hope it’s a good 'un. While the Gnoblar Horde list was interesting, and certainly fun, it wasn’t exactly competitive.

Revlid
In the current environment hat we have now isn’t that competitive, and also not that fun.  Not competitive, and  fun would be a step up.  (gnoblars were not really designed to be competitive though. )  Kevin is all about the fun, although as I said, this army is supposedly going to be mid tier.  It will be interesting to see how a more “open source” army will balance out.  Playtesting will be readily available including some of the top talent on the east coast.  Should be a great contrast to how GW does things.

hashuts lil helper

hashuts lil helper:

Since he is a warmonger, I have to assume he will at least let them test it, but I’m guessing it goes out to all the big NE tourney clubs (lost legion, warmongers, tfg, page 5, Jervis johnsons, CCG, et al)

krusty:

Lets hope that it will be published in white dwarf,this could either spur on the release of new chaos dwarfs or at least allow sme of the older models to be rereleased for the time being

Thommy H:

It’s not going to be published in White Dwarf - it has nothing to do with GW.

hashuts lil helper:

It's not going to be published in White Dwarf - it has nothing to do with GW.

Thommy H
True dat. it is just a fan list, that will be legal in the NE US indy GT circuit. Admittedly it is a fan list by someone with quite a bit of GW accredited work under his belt, but in no way official.

Method:

http://warmongers.ziggyqubert.com/wmbb/viewforum.php?f=19

is the link for the playtest…

Revlid:

Awright, let’s get reading!

Ammrik Gunrock:

This is pretty cool. Too bad its not official, but any attempt to show GW that there is a BIG community of people who would happily buy the army if it came out is great. Hope it turns out to be fun!

Kera foehunter:

That would be a cool list !! maybe we can use it with are Gnobler Slaves

Thommy H:

Hm. I was actually hoping that what we had here was someone who knew what they were doing just writing a list, throwing it open for playtesting and then tweaking accordingly. Right now, this seems to be just another collaborative project to write a new Chaos Dwarf list in which everyone sticks their noses in and no one is pleased by the result. It’s nice that it’s (theoretically) going to be endorsed by a group running tourneys, but what makes it any different from all the projects we’ve run on this very website? Why will design-by-committe succeed here when it’s failed elsewhere so often?

dedwrekka:

Hm. I was actually hoping that what we had here was someone who knew what they were doing just writing a list, throwing it open for playtesting and then tweaking accordingly. Right now, this seems to be just another collaborative project to write a new Chaos Dwarf list in which everyone sticks their noses in and no one is pleased by the result. It's nice that it's (theoretically) going to be endorsed by a group running tourneys, but what makes it any different from all the projects we've run on this very website? Why will design-by-committe succeed here when it's failed elsewhere so often?

Thommy H
Larger Comittee when it's being done outside this site.