[Archive] indy gt blunderbuss

lilith:

i played this version sometimes but i find it unsane stronger vs infantry and very poor vs cavalry , monster and other similar target , i propose a change to make it more balanced and all round weapon.

range 12" d3 str 3 base +1 str for each rank (max str 5) slow to shot , armour penetration , no penalties for movements and penalties for mutiple shot. so for 15 blunderbuss you shot on 2 ranks for a medium of 20 shot , you hit on 4+ even if moving so 10 hits str 5 on infantry with penetration and the same on all the other target , so less damage on infantry ( with the indy gt bludnerbuss one time i shoot 50 elf pikemen and killed 25… i think is a little too much for a single unit to do in only 1 shooting turn) and more usefull on big target . what do you think?

in the new atmurkahn book how work the blunderbuss is more balanced?

richard barby:

i like them some some really dont, as it happens im still useing the indy list as i havent got a copy of the new book yet.

the units is a really good rock paper sissors unit the big down side to it though is even if they half a unit of troops you still dont get any points out of them. but to be honest i can see most players going over to the warhammer forge book some anyway and that works like regular shooting

Time of Madness:

The new blunderbuss should never be taken in the new book. At 18pts a model they just are not worth it for S3 shooting and a 12" range.

Time of Madness

Baggronor:

with the indy gt bludnerbuss one time i shoot 50 elf pikemen and killed 25.......... i think is a little too much for a single unit to do in only 1 shooting turn
Yeah we told them this back when they wrote the book, they're stupidly unbalanced.

Blunderbusses are far too expensive to be usable in the FW book.

Thommy H:

Amusingly, if you reversed the prices and the Indy GT blunderbusses cost what they do in the LoA and vice versa, you’d have two balanced units!

ChungEssence:

"Amusingly, if you reversed the prices and the Indy GT blunderbusses cost what they do in the LoA and vice versa, you’d have two balanced units!

"

I don’t think so. 18 pts for the Indy GT useless vs anyhing multiwound blunders would hurt a lot lol. The Indy Blunders where my big problem with the book and the reason i didn’t use it.

The LoA blunders may be overpriced but at least they make sense with their rules. I’d love to have seen them at Strength 4 instead of 3 given the 12inch range and high cost

Now i finally have the book i’m going to experiment with a regiment of 20 and 2 of 10 of the new blunders to see how much they really suck for the price.

I’m correct in assuming they still get the 3+ save (shield) at range/close combat and still get the parry. ie, blunders don’t make them lose the shield benefit??

Time of Madness:

They keep the shield when you take the fireglaive or blunder.

Time of Madness