[Archive] Infernal Blunderbuss

{VIPER}:

Hi All,

I’ve just finished off a Tomb King army and am now with great excitement moving onto my long planned Chaos Dwarf army. I have a unit of 24x infernal guard, castellans and daemonsmiths etc, centaurs, magma cannon and an iron daemon.

At the moment everything is forge world, I’ve always wanted some blunderbusses however FW obviously dont make them and won’t be soon. I had planned on using the Fireglaive models as either busses or glaives, however more recently I’ve been looking at the Russian Alternative Harquebusses as these models have a lot of character.

My question is this, what are others using for blunderbuss infernal guard?

Does anyone have any experience with the Russian Alternative models? Would they stick out like a sore thumb in a mostly FW army?

{VIPER}:

Welcome {VIPER}!

I recommend you those:
:hat off

Herby
Thanks for that, they're very different! Cool but different! Hmmm..

Heavygear:

Hi All,

I've just finished off a Tomb King army and am now with great excitement moving onto my long planned Chaos Dwarf army. I have a unit of 24x infernal guard, castellans and daemonsmiths etc, centaurs, magma cannon and an iron daemon.
At the moment everything is forge world, I've always wanted some blunderbusses however FW obviously dont make them and won't be soon. I had planned on using the Fireglaive models as either busses or glaives, however more recently I've been looking at the Russian Alternative Harquebusses as these models have a lot of character.

My question is this, what are others using for blunderbuss infernal guard?
Does anyone have any experience with the Russian Alternative models? Would they stick out like a sore thumb in a mostly FW army?

{VIPER}
From the responses I have received here no one uses or should use blunderbusses because they are too expensive points wise.

Having said that, I have two units of Russian Alternative miniatures. The company makes a nice product at a very fair price.

The Harquebusiers obviously aren't infernal guard. They are big hats. They have big hats and more ornate armor. I think they blend in fine next to the Forge World character models and the infernal guard do not represent all of the forces of the chaos dwarfs.

It depends on your own personal taste, but a unit of them doesn't look completely out of place in a Forge World CD army. The iconic Assyrian beards, tusks and scale armor are all present on the models marking them as chaos dwarfs.

I have received criticism on this forum for having too much variety in my army because I have models from different ranges. At the end of the day it is your army and you can do what you like with it.

Phoenix Guard and White Lions are obviously different models, but they look fine next to each other on the table top.

Good luck with your army.

Heavygear:

I never did care for the scibor miniatures 'chaos dwarves". There isn’t really anything chaosy about them. They just look like short Russian stereotypes with furry pope hats to me.

I never really cared for big hats either, so to each his own.

Bloodbeard:

It’s quite easy to convert blunderbuss infernal guard. The firedrakes fit real easy to the forge world infernal guard. So if you want the army to look coherent, that’s a way to go. An expensive version ofcause, as you have to buy forgeworld and additional bits.

Unless you buy a unit and convert til ironbreaker into chaos dwarfs.

I’ll build mine from old thunderers and some space wolf bits.

Yodrin:

I am a fan of Scibor minis, and I think those blunderbusses looks awesome!!

Aromat:

I soth to just buy fireglaves and cut the weapon  down to a shorter gun. then remove the front and replace it where i made the cut. Not sure about the cut n°4 about resizing the gun grip.

having problems to upload the image how i would do the conversion : The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: There was a problem moving the uploaded file to its destination.

its a jpg. 32.9 kb

MadHatter:

I soth to just buy fireglaves and cut the weapon  down to a shorter gun. then remove the front and replace it where i made the cut. Not sure about the cut n°4 about resizing the gun grip.

having problems to upload the image how i would do the conversion : The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: There was a problem moving the uploaded file to its destination.

its a jpg. 32.9 kb

Aromat
I have this problem to, I thought it was my iphone...

And warm welcome Viper :)

{VIPER}:

From the responses I have received here no one uses or should use blunderbusses because they are too expensive points wise.

Having said that, I have two units of Russian Alternative miniatures. The company makes a nice product at a very fair price.

The Harquebusiers obviously aren't infernal guard. They are big hats. They have big hats and more ornate armor. I think they blend in fine next to the Forge World character models and the infernal guard do not represent all of the forces of the chaos dwarfs.

It depends on your own personal taste, but a unit of them doesn't look completely out of place in a Forge World CD army. The iconic Assyrian beards, tusks and scale armor are all present on the models marking them as chaos dwarfs.

I have received criticism on this forum for having too much variety in my army because I have models from different ranges. At the end of the day it is your army and you can do what you like with it.

Phoenix Guard and White Lions are obviously different models, but they look fine next to each other on the table top.

Good luck with your army.

Heavygear
I never did care for the scibor miniatures 'chaos dwarves". There isn't really anything chaosy about them. They just look like short Russian stereotypes with furry pope hats to me.

I never really cared for big hats either, so to each his own.

Heavygear
I've never been a big fan of the pointy hats either, however the Russian alternative ones seem to get it right. Yeah they mostly match up to the FW ones in terms of their mail etc. I figure the blunderbuss infernal would be more ornate looking, you know trying to lure the enemy in and all ;P
It's quite easy to convert blunderbuss infernal guard. The firedrakes fit real easy to the forge world infernal guard. So if you want the army to look coherent, that's a way to go. An expensive version ofcause, as you have to buy forgeworld and additional bits.

Unless you buy a unit and convert til ironbreaker into chaos dwarfs.

I'll build mine from old thunderers and some space wolf bits.

Bloodbeard
I was looking at the firedrakes last night, im not sure the weapon captures a blunderbuss as such, but its a start. Expensive as you say though.
I am a fan of Scibor minis, and I think those blunderbusses looks awesome!!

Yodrin
I like the blunderbuss, not sure on the look of the warrior.

its a jpg. 32.9 kb

Aromat
I've been leaning to doing something like this, would love to see the pic. Maybe I can PM you my email address? Or if you drop it on something like photobucket you could post the link to it.
I have this problem to, I thought it was my iphone...

And warm welcome Viper :)

MadHatter
Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to getting involved with this community. I'm pumped to start on this army!

Aromat:

I managed to upload the picture here http://imageshack.com/a/img820/5899/porx.jpg

Kamphre:

A French guy is doing some 3D printed blunderbuss. You can see them here.

Here are some pictures :

He’s also working on Great weapons (WIP) :

They’re really good. Problem is that he has not started the orders actually. :smiley:

Aromat:

Indeed. Tis is awsome let us know is he is going to produce them !

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I like the big gun but I do not see how those will ever rank up. Which is disappointing.

zhatan87:

His blunderbusses are on ebay, buying now 10�,�/10.

torn:

Does anyone have a link I’m struggling to find these

{VIPER}:

Does anyone have a link I'm struggling to find these

torn
I agree, can't find a thing. They do look good, but would be a nightmare ranked up.

Kamphre:

Are you looking for this ? :slight_smile:

Enjoy guys and girls !

{VIPER}:

Are you looking for this ? :)
Enjoy guys and girls !

Kamphre
That's the goods!! Thank you!

waxx6:

hello everyone, i’m the maker of this blunderbuss. I’m working on great weapon , the sreen is just a wip. I’m work too on hobgoblin :stuck_out_tongue:

new auction to: http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111386242197&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

MadHatter:

hello everyone, i'm the maker of this blunderbuss. I'm working on great weapon , the sreen is just a wip. I'm work too on hobgoblin :p
new auction to: http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111386242197&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

waxx6
Good stuff, will those hobgoblins have a 4th ed or a FW look?