[Archive] Infernal Guard Unboxing

Pyro Stick:

Heres a quick vid i made as soon as i got the Infernal Guard in the mail. Sorry about the camera not focusing when i tried to give closeups. Thats why i added in some pics at the end but im still planning on taking more pics of the helmets etc. Its basically to show you what bits come with the infernal guard. As you can see the heads, bodies, both arms, weapons and shields are all seperate. It literally took me almost 2 hours to clean them all up.

Heres some pics of the bits cleaned up:

Feel free to post any hq pics you take of your infernal guard here as well.

edit: Unfortunately the video has been blocked in Germany because of copyright on the song. I tried disputing it since the song was released on an independent record label and i dont see how it can be owned by the company that filed the claim but they have still blocked it. For people in germany trying to watch this please try using a site like hidemyass.com to get around the block.

Anonymouse:

So I take it the Fireglaives are not included? Very nice clip, thanks a lot :slight_smile:

nitroglysarine:

Looks cool, there is part of me that thinks they are wasting quite a bit of resin on the huge tabs on the models.

Piachu:

Wow, man ! Thanks for sharing ! :hat off

Incredible level of detail.

I’m stunned :s

Pyro Stick:

So I take it the Fireglaives are not included? Very nice clip, thanks a lot :)

Anonymouse
Nope, i could only afford the hand weapon guys for now.
Looks cool, there is part of me that thinks they are wasting quite a bit of resin on the huge tabs on the models.

nitroglysarine
They are wasting A LOT of resin but i guess if you compare it to the plastic from a standard GW sprue its probably even. For something like a unit of skeletons or soemthing theres a lot more waste plastic but these come with much less parts so you would have thought they could have come up with a more economical way to cast the models.

Heres a pic showing the bits cleaned up compared to the waste:

Borador:

Nice vid! Thanks for posting (: And huge lot of waste lol

Grimstonefire:

Pyro, do you think it would be possible to make the arms shorter and still have them looking reasonably well proportioned?

That’s the main reason why I won’t buy them, also I don’t like the beards, or heads, or the pose of the arms, or the shields…

Still… If the arms could be made shorter the only other one that would prove tricky would be changing the pose. Would that be possible, or are the shoulder pads just too big (presuming I kept them)?

Borador:

Yeah was wondering that aswell Grim, as the helmets and beards are easily convertable/can be swapped or something, arms are the main isuse for me also I guess.

JMR:

hmmm…

So basically there’s 2 different-yet-same-pose bodies. 2 different Fireglaive options, 1 shield with 5 different hand weapons and 5 different helmets.

I can’t help but keep thinking that I should be able to make a “modeling-kit” like that of my own and cast it…

Might not be as crisp as FW, but they’ll be cheaper and they’ll be much more my models.

Edit: Is it possible to show some size-comparison pictures to other models? Would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Bolg:

I hate it when the shield com attached to the hands. are there seperate hands so you cab skip that option?

are there any extra’s or is it just 10 of everything?

oh and thanx a bunch for posting ofcourse (:

Pyro Stick:

Pyro, do you think it would be possible to make the arms shorter and still have them looking reasonably well proportioned?

Grimstonefire
tbh the arms are basically as short as they could have been made. I would say its not even worth trying to convert the arms if you arent happy with them and just sculpt some new ones yourself. But i think they would turn out the same. They are sculpted to fit the bodies perfectly and any other shape wouldnt fit.

See the first post for a pic of the arms.
So basically there's 2 different-yet-same-pose bodies. 2 different Fireglaive options, 1 shield with 5 different hand weapons and 5 different helmets.

Edit: Is it possible to show some size-comparison pictures to other models? Would be much appreciated :)

JMR
I dont know about the fireglaive options but theres 2 bodies, 5 different weapons and 10 different heads. Ive looked closely and for some of them they have just changed the shape of the dotty eye holes which is a shame. Also, ive just realised they look a lot like the Iron Giant lol.
I hate it when the shield com attached to the hands. are there seperate hands so you cab skip that option?

are there any extra's or is it just 10 of everything?

Bolg
Nope, the hands are attached to the shields. If you dont like the shields they look pretty easy to cut off.

No extras, just whats shown in the video. 10 heads, 10 bodies, 10 shields, 10 weapons and 20 arms.

Hobgoblinbt:

Grimstonefire
tbh the arms are basically as short as they could have been made. I would say its not even worth trying to convert the arms if you arent happy with them and just sculpt some new ones yourself. But i think they would turn out the same. They are sculpted to fit the bodies perfectly and any other shape wouldnt fit.

See the first post for a pic of the arms.
So basically there's 2 different-yet-same-pose bodies. 2 different Fireglaive options, 1 shield with 5 different hand weapons and 5 different helmets.

Edit: Is it possible to show some size-comparison pictures to other models? Would be much appreciated :)

JMR
I dont know about the fireglaive options but theres 2 bodies, 5 different weapons and 10 different heads. Ive looked closely and for some of them they have just changed the shape of the dotty eye holes which is a shame. Also, ive just realised they look a lot like the Iron Giant lol.

are there any extra's or is it just 10 of everything?

Bolg
Nope, the hands are attached to the shields. If you dont like the shields they look pretty easy to cut off.

No extras, just whats shown in the video. 10 heads, 10 bodies, 10 shields, 10 weapons and 20 arms.

Pyro Stick

Bolg:

Pyro Stick
If I had the money (and a steady job) I could live with the price. but the fact there are no freaking extra's really bothers me. thanx for the info.
(kinda glad I can now write these guys of my wish list)

Xander:

Awesome! Thanks for posting this Pyro. :slight_smile:

When I get my Fireglaives and Daemon Engine, I will do something similar.

Bassman:

GReat Pyro. They look awesome, I like almost everything from them but… the price.

I will buy the book but do not know about the miniatures…

furrie:

Thanks for the vid, now I know what bothers me about the figures, the helmets. The rest looks great.

snowblizz:

you would have thought they could have come up with a more economical way to cast the models.

Pyro Stick
Why would they do that when they can just charge you plenty more to cover any inefficiencies.

Further proof how resin *really* isn't that "valuable" as a material.

Of course maybe one could keep that cone while painting, would give something solid to hold on to.

A bit too featureless fr my tastes. The guys in hats I like but these look just plain boring.

And that song BTW is not very good, why not loose it altogether and not suffer from any so called IP infringements.

Loki:

Thanks for this Pyro , great to see the vid of them being unboxed and the pics are good as well , just need to think, do i really need them or not :slight_smile:

Pyro Stick:

And that song BTW is not very good, why not loose it altogether and not suffer from any so called IP infringements.

snowblizz
Electric Wizard are one of the best doom metal bands in the world and their albums are landmarks of the genre.

I know some people might not like these models but since they are the first new chaos dwarf releases in years i couldnt not buy them. Maybe the more standard warriors, if they are ever made, will have more extras and features, although ive started painting them already and im perfectly happy with the features and details. You really cant imagine what they are like until you can hold them in your hands and study them close up.

Bassman:

You could even use those big chunks of resin as jersey barriers for 40k LOL :smiley:

http://www.capeconcrete.com/products/images/new_jersey_barrier_2000.jpg