[Archive] Infernal Guard w Blunderbusses Forgeworlds Statement

PhilmacFLy:

I mailed FW about IG w Blunderbusses, thats their answer

We have no current plans to produce and Infernal Guard with Blunderbusses. When we created the Chaos Dward range we wanted to focus on the models that had never been produced before hence models with great weapons or Blinderbusses were not created.  Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
So seems We have to continue to convert them on our own in the near future.

Bloodbeard:

Thanks for the information.

It does seem like a lame excuse though - because they have absolutely no resemblence to the old big hats.

cornixt:

I think they have said before that the only FW model they have any plans for now is the Destroyer.

ClawLeader:

Thanks for the information.

It does seem like a lame excuse though - because they have absolutely no resemblence to the old big hats.

Bloodbeard
If it is their business model when handling them that's just how it is. Unfortunately. Hopefully they could just make a "upgrade" sprue. Or do some surgery on fire glaives.

Karring:

Hopefully they could just make a "upgrade" sprue. Or do some surgery on fire glaives.

ClawLeader
I have always think they would do so in a middle/far future. It would not be the first time...

PhilmacFLy:

I see it as a lame excuse aswell furthermore that I think that one very characteristic thing about chaos dwarfs are blunderbusses.

Time of Madness:

FW has always been up front since the initial chaos dwarf release. To be honest we are lucky we got the models that we did as the origional plan was to have a minimal amount of new models released. Because of good sales and popularity we got model like the Taur’ruk and eventually the upcoming destroyer.

Overall FW has done a very good job in keeping us informed and releasing a fairly large range of chaos dwarf models.

Even GW’s range has gaps when it comes to weapon selection. Take the basic goblin infantry kit. It allows you to equip your goblins with spears or bows, but in the book the option is there for hand weapon/shields.

Time of Madness

Soulassassin:

Im with you on that one Time of Madness. Getting replies directly on email from the blokes at FW is not all that common, and they are very up front with their plans.

But since they are more a boutique miniature manufacturer, it is all the more important that we tell them want we think, and what they should make next! And yes, Hobgob-heads would be awesome :slight_smile:

furrie:

Create blunderbusses should cause a lot of extra work, they only need to make some new arms with weapons and can use the existing bodies.

cornixt:

You could always bug this guy for blunderbusses:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13394

Admiral:

Im with you on that one Time of Madness. Getting replies directly on email from the blokes at FW is not all that common, and they are very up front with their plans.

But since they are more a boutique miniature manufacturer, it is all the more important that we tell them want we think, and what they should make next! And yes, Hobgob-heads would be awesome :)

Soulassassin
Agreed. FW even has a top 10 best sellers of the month list nowadays.

I'm sure FW will get around to a Chaos Dwarf update sometime in the future when they continue with Warhammer Forge, especially if there is a visible demand for variants and new units. There are many precedents for upgrade kits in 40k, so it shouldn't be revolutionary to apply it to fantasy.

Don't hold your breath in the meanwhile, since Forgeworld is notoriously 40k-orientated, and the Horus Heresy deserves the large range it will receive.

Horsleben:

Well, if you got some modelling skills, you can always convert your own…

Or hear this guy if hes gonna cast his models - they look really promising: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13822&page=1

Cheers