[Archive] Interchangeable Hobgoblin Wolf Rider Hero

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Based on the positive information on my Poll in the Chaos Dwarf Board, I made these three Hobgoblin Wolfboys Heroes. I used almost the same pieces for each so that it would look like 1 hero that changed up his weapons/equipment. Essentually, this is the same hero in 3 different poses.

This Hobgoblin Wolfboys Hero has a hole between his legs so that I can mount him onto a rod that’s on the wolf model. This makes him interchangeable with other Hobgoblin heroes.

The Hobgoblin Wolfboys Hero with a Great Weapon made from the Hobgoblin standard pole and a Tomb Kings banner topper sitting on the wolf.

Armed with sword and shield, althought the shield isn’t visible in this picture.

The wolf model. Note the metal rod. It’s 1/16 inch metal wire.

Here’s a picture showing the Hobgoblin mounting onto the pin.

The Hobgoblin Wolfboys Hero on the wolf.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Here’s the painted wolf.

I know he looks like the grey plastic, but I did add 2 different shades of grey on him and some white paint underneath.

Da Crusha:

thats cool. Ive been doing interchangeable riders on my wolfs as well except I use magnets, that way I can use them as direwolves or chaos hounds. I originally started using rare earth magnets after reading an article in white dwarf about getting the most out of your models. then I put magnets into every shoulder of an entire unit of 6th ed dwarfs so they can have interchangeable weapons; hand weapon, great weapon or crossbow.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Pretty Kool…and the magnets don’t affect their abillity to reproduce! LOL!

snowblizz:

So that hero literally has rod up his…

Looking good. I’ve been trying to get this interchangeable thing working for a while. Never ends up working particularly well unfortunately.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

And now…here’s the finished project…

The finished Two Hand Weapon Hobgoblin Wolfboys Hero.

The finished Heavy Weapon Hobgoblin Wolfboys Hero.

The finished Hand Weapon and Shield Hobgoblin Wolfboys Hero.

Hazkar:

the great weapon is an awesome idea…would be cool for obsidian guard…

Kered:

Great work. Great idea.