[Archive] Introductions: New members post here!

Father Grumpmas:

Father Grumpmas here - another ’ Kiwi ’ (the bird, not the fruit).

Been Chaos Dwarfing since the Ravening Hordes list came out and was lucky enough to pick up a lot of Big Hat stuff cheaply when other gamers got rid of it all.

Recently (Southcon 2006) picked up a lot of the original Chaos Dwarf figures (some are home cast by the look but at least 80% is original) so these will eventually become my Mk II CD army.

The Flying Beaver:

I haven’t had many oppurtunities to take pictures of my army as my camera is crap. I rely on friends to take photos for me, and it can be an annoying process to a) get them to arrange a time and b) remind them to upload/send them to me. I’m going to try and get some CD army photos soon though, as well as my first skull pass dwarf cinversion, painted Bray-Shaman and tuskgor chariot.

Spawn:

Hey…im spawn…i geuss…

Meh some people (Beaver, Xander, etc etc) may know me from Hand of Hashut/Herdstone/Grand alliance

Ive just started my CD force by purchasing a Skull Pass box, and ATM im converting my hobbos…

Praise Hashut!

Spawn

Father Grumpmas:

You have to love what the BfSP box has done for the Chaos Dwarfs. I thought 7th ed would just about kill off all but the hard core (at least until a new CD book came was published) but there are now scores of happy modellers converting away.

The second coming of Hashut?

Xander:

Second coming! Bwahaha!

Kind of a third coming, the second coming was after the [[Hellcannon]] release. :slight_smile:

This summer should be a blast, Chaos Dwarf players everywhere!

EvilClown:

Hey all,

I’m EvilClown, used to be on the Grand Alliance, but meh. Anyways, look, I brought with me a whole bunch of biting, shooting, flame-throwing toys!:smiley:

Got 1k of Chaos Dwarfs (as Hashut’s Blessing knows all to well;)) and am currently busy with VC.

Greetz

Hashut’s Blessing:

They are cool! How ya doing Eduard?

The Flying Beaver:

Good to se you here evilclown. Welcome to all new members!

MentalMuffin:

'sup homies

I am MentalMuffin, or roflmuffin. What ever rocks your boat, I’ve been kinda playing CD for awhile, I have a small band of models, for Skirmish etc. I also play Mord and BloodBowl, although I havn’t played them in a while. So hai.

The Flying Beaver:

Welcome mentalmuffin.

Brother Axel:

Hi everyone

I discovered this list yesterday so I thought I’d sign up as I’m considering starting a small Chaos Dwarf army at the moment.

For the record I’ve been involved in the hobby for about 20 years or so. Family life and other pressures mean that I don’t get much time to game anymore but still enjoy converting and painting figs.

I have some of the original chaos dwarf models from the 80’s (pre big hat days). I’ve a few bazooka teams, 2 man mortars and even a couple of the bull-centaur warmachines are in a bits-box somewhere.

My big-hat chaos dwarves were sold some time ago. The only survivor is the special character in the mechanical walking device (I forget his name).

Currenty I’m trying to plan out what figs I’m going to use for the army . . . and I’m trying to track down a army list - I can’t seem to find the ‘official’ one on the UK GW website

cheers for now

Brother Axel

The Flying Beaver:

Here’s where you can see the Chaos Dwarf army list in all it’s glory:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5508

Welcome to the forum! (Oh, and the special character’s name is Astragoth)

Brother Axel:

Hi

thanks for the links Flying Beaver.

Ah yes Astragoth, thats the chap. I’ll have to decide if he makes it into the new army or not.

cheers

Brother Axel

Hashut’s Blessing:

Hey all newcomers! Good to see ya’ll! Use Astragoth as a nomral sorcerer if you don’t want to use the special character rules, but still use the model.

Brother Axel:

Hi

I rarely field special characters (on the rare occasions i manage to actually play). I might use ol’ Astragoth as a sorcerer, though I’m not sure if the style of the model will fit in with the style of a converted CD army. I’ll have to dig him out and see how big his hat is :wink:

cheers for now

Brother Axel

Hashut’s Blessing:

If you don’t want the hat, ya can always send it this way! He he he.

StyrofoamKing:

'sup homies

I am MentalMuffin, or roflmuffin. What ever rocks your boat, I've been kinda playing CD for awhile, I have a small band of models, for Skirmish etc. I also play Mord and BloodBowl, although I havn't played them in a while. So hai.

MentalMuffin
Welcome Muffin. Mordheim is the Shizznitch. (As is Slayers, btw).

Xander:

Welcome to all the new members! Woo!

The Raven:

The Raven is reporting…

Expect me to be a lurker, sometimes a post but always watching, I’m just to damn lazy to actually post something, sorry in advance for that.

At the moment I am trying to scrap together an all big hat army, with hobgoblin conversions/sculpts. Its going slow but steady, 20 warriors, earthshaker, 6 blunderbusses and a hero big hat until now and 5 Oglah Wolfies and a 3rd edition Hobbo rocket launcher as support, as well as some goblins who impost Hobgoblins…

see ya around :wink:

Raven

Hashut’s Blessing:

Good to see you here Raven! Hope you post more than you say you can be bothered to though!