[Archive] Introductions: New members post here!

The Hammer:

Hello all, I�?Tm The Hammer (or just The Blunt Object, whichever you prefer.) :hat off

I�?Tve been playing Warhammer 40K for about two and a half years and have a Chaos Space Marine army that�?Ts around 3000 points and an Eldar army that is about 2000.

I have been Interested in Warhammer Fantasy for longer than 40K however, and even bought a 6th edition rulebook when it was 6th edition. But, in the end I went for 40K first, but I have been tempted back to fantasy recently.

Right now I am working on a High Elf army, but once that is complete I will start my Chaos Dwarfs. I found out about Chaos Dwarfs from someone I know from 40K who happened to have an army of them (with the tall hats) and I witnessed him playing them against Empire. After a bit of digging they really caught my interest. The Assyrian/ Babylonian theme was very unique and something I like very much.

I plan on converting most of the models for my CDs to appear like the Hell Cannon crew, but I will also try and keep to the original Babylonian theme as much as I can.

Thanks. :cheers

51la5:

Welcome the the forum you will find it full of great people.

Xander:

Welcome aboard Mr. Hammer. Dare I say it is hammer time?

Dux Ducis:

Hey guys, I’ve loved the imagery and idea of the Chaos Dwarfs, and decided to sign up finally.

I currently play Skaven, with a small bit of Vampire Counts on the side. Been in the hobby for a fair few years now (7) however I’ve only gotten serious about it in the last several months.

I’d love to get involved with a project creating a fan-made 7th ed. list for Chaos Dwarfs - IMO if enough people show support (and even do some of the hard work for GW) then they might sit up and take notice. I’d be glad to do some brainstorming and page-layout and styling.

Xander:

Hiya Dux!

Grimstonefire has actually created such a list with the help of many others. Check it out here: https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/7356

Dux Ducis:

Cheers, downloading now.

What are the latest rumours/news about CD?

Do most people use the gnoblar models for hobgoblins, since they are essentially the same thing?

Xander:

Actually, they are far from being the same. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hobgoblins stand the height of a man, gnoblars are tiny. Many people use the BFSP Night Goblins with a bit of conversion work.

The latest news is that of Gav Thorpe leaving GW. Since he was one of our biggest advocates, we are weary of the future. The most current GW statement is that they will be made in the future when they are ready to do so. Heh, so take from that what you will.

Dux Ducis:

Yeah typical GW really - “oh, in time it will come to pass… in time…”.

Ah, righteo.

Well the fan-list is interesting. I’d personally change a lot, including adding another type of slave unit or two, and adding ‘slave master’ characters. I’d also drop the orcs and black ocs - y’know, that whole uprising kinda broke any trust they had in them and they expelled them from their city.

The movement in proportion to how advanced the sorcerer is interesting. I wonder how you could work in the stone feet/legs, etc. into some rules. Makes them pretty immobile without a mount though. Even characters can now be march-blocked for 7th ed I believe.

The Hammer:

Welcome aboard Mr. Hammer. Dare I say it is hammer time?
You may dare....if you dare... :)

Kera foehunter:

Well welcome hammer or is mc hammer.

welcome Dux hope you post your guys they sound cool

Willmark:

Welcome to the best site for warhammer anywhere on the web. You’ll find your stay enjoyable; plenty of great folks, great figures and models to oogle over and last but not least the best place to discuss Chaos Dwarfs bar none.

turquois dwarf:

hi im turqois dwarf i have a lizardmen army and a chaos dwarf mordheim warband (i play more games of mordheim than warhammer). chaos dwarfs will be the next army i do.:slight_smile:

metro_gnome:

Actually, they are far from being the same. :P

Hobgoblins stand the height of a man, gnoblars are tiny.

Xander
I love that... "no they are totally different... they're taller"... classic...

welcome to all the beardlings...
May Hashut guide your mighty hammer...
and May your harem overflow with elvish concubines...

Repone:

Welcome all!

furrie:

welcom all

Holyfield:

I have recently started a Chaos Dwarf army, after being disappointed with the new High Elf book. The concept of rock-hard elite infantry and heroes together with cheap slaves has really inspired me.

I am now in the process of painting my first 500 points. My goal is to get to 2250 by early september. But work and family needs attention too.

Willmark:

I have recently started a Chaos Dwarf army, after being disappointed with the new High Elf book. The concept of rock-hard elite infantry and heroes together with cheap slaves has really inspired me.

I am now in the process of painting my first 500 points. My goal is to get to 2250 by early september. But work and family needs attention too.

Holyfield
Congrats and welcome Holyfield! I too am convert from the pointy ears and have sucumbed to Hashut. May your bear grow long and you keep your slaves under control.

Have a slave to help in your endeavors!

furrie:

welcome, my this site inspire and help you

MartyF:

Hi,

Marty here, I’ve just started collecting Chaos Dwarves after many years of admiring the models.  Having lurked for a while and loved the site I decided it was finally time to say hi.

I love the 3rd edition citadel and maurader models and always regretted not buying them at the time, which is not helped when I see what I’ll have to pay on e-bay to get them! Along with the current Dark Elves I think they are the best minatures ever made by GW.

I’ll probably use the current dwarf army book to base my army on. I think thats the best way to get all the cool 3rd edition models on the table. Rocket launcher == Bolt thrower, Mortar == stone thrower, Swivel gun’s == Organ gun… I also love the twisted tales minatures and will use them to fill some of the gaps (i.e hand gunners)

asheira:

Nice to meet you. :cheers

Hope you like the site and the people in it.

We’re all nice, a little evil, but nice.