[Archive] Introductions: New members post here!

Hulkster:

thanks

i just need to collect an army and i will be ready to go lol

Sojourn:

welcome Hulkster,

I’m Sojourn… aka. Jill. and ummmm, I’m not a terrorist… so yah… this is awkward.

hope you enjoy your time on the site and that your army grows! :slight_smile:

HappyGuy:

Hi guys! My name is Happyguy. I play Lizardmen and Chaos Dwarves. I’ll probably also do Orcs and Goblins and Beasts of Chaos.

Kera foehunter:

well welcome to the site happy guy !! hope to see your army is hats or new school.

lol hulkster i guess jack forgot about comandment 1

so jack don’t know jack on god !welcome to the site hulkster.

Willmark:

welcome Hulkster,

I'm Sojourn... aka. Jill. and ummmm, I'm not a terrorist.... so yah... this is awkward.

hope you enjoy your time on the site and that your army grows! :)

Sojourn
He does have a point...

Slavelord:

Hello all!!

Just been introduced to the site, but I love it! Ever since GW compiled all their sites into one ‘super-sell-everything-we-can-until-they-can’t-lift-their-wallets-anymore-store’, and the fact that I’m a major ‘fluff-bunny’, has led me to love the Chaos Dwarfs and their fluff. Just started my army, but it’s growing fast.

See you in the forums…

Kera foehunter:

well thanks for join there are lot of fluff bunny here !!!

or should i say more like badgers don’t make eye contack !!

hope to see you around slavelord

and good luck with your army

The Snowman:

Hello everybody!

Posting my first message from Australia. Have played Brets… Now have VC. Recently our club started a challenge to paint a new army each. I was such a miser that I decided to go along with a free army book (CD .pdf) and some cheap models form the BfSP set. I have a 2250 list that I am working on. Have all models represented from that list but am still completing conversions. My CD conversions are not completely accurate fluff wise but am enjoying doing them and giving them a unique touch. Chaos Dwarfs seem to be on the rise over here in Australia, recently a fairly large tournament (trialling some new composition scoring) had Chaos Dwarfs take out third spot! Was great to see. Am currently preparing the army for a mid January deadline (First tourney of '09)… well gotta go and round up some cattle on my kangaroo. :wink:

Willmark:

Awesome avatar there slavelord, worth slaves methinks.

Hulkster:

how do you get slaves and what are they?

Don’t make me hulk up BROTHER

the_rat:

Yo, peoples. I’m a long time Skaven player and a Counts player of the last few years. At some point I stumbled across a WarSeer post about CD and became increasingly curious. As I devoured more and more lore, I became completely enraptured and now MUST have an army. I’m even selling some of my Skaven to do it (if you knew me your jaw would drop). This will be my first fully planned army (theme, colors, etc) so I’ll get a PL up as soon as I get it going.

K, thx, bye.

Willmark:

Settle the 24" pythons there hulk.

As we all know slaves are part of chaos dwarf society. As such it carries over to CDO. Slaves can be earned by making good posts, sending them to someone from your own stash and from the staff giving them out.

Your slave count is a sign of respect, the highs the number, the higher the standing in the community.

It is also unessecary to send slaves to the staff, we have an unlimited number, such is our power!

EDIT: Except for Hashut’s Blessing, who claims his are Disciples of Hashut. In reality, his name screws up coding and so he earns them like everyone else :wink:

Overmind:

Hi, I’m new! I’ve always wanted a Chaos Dwarf army but due to time, money and GS skill restraints I have never been able to. That however while not changed has been told very solemly that it was getting in my way and if the little voices of sanity and reason didn’t shut the hell up I was taking up banging my head against a wall again.

So what to say, what to say… a good intro can’t be rushed you know… Ahh well I’l ahve to say a few random things then. I’ve played 40K for 12 years now and played Fantasy off and on throughout, came in perhaps a year and a half ago and am determined to stay!

I have(currently), about 2,500 points of Tomb Kings(my first army), nearly 400 points of wood elves, about 1,000 pts of Dark Elves, some Choas and Beasts as well. Of cousre thats not counting any of the 40K stuff… So while I really don’t have painting time for Chaos Dwarves(yet alone converting time) I am determiend to build one! After all I love teh Greenskins, aside from teh lack of heavy troops and viable shooting, and I love the Dwarves, excepting their goody two shoes mentality and lack of magic(I love magic). So this army combines my two loves while fixing my complaints agaisnt them! Joyness! And the only doodles I do in my classes these dyas is Chaos Dwarves(not that I’m in any way shape or form a good artist).

Ahem, and to clear this last little thing(I get in trouble occasionally for letting this be a surprise and living where I do it helps to simply say it and get it over with), I’m gay. I’m also engageded and getting married(using those words for shear convinence) next month…

Hopefully no one kills me for that… :lol:

Great Hasut be praised!

Kera foehunter:

well welcome to the site the rat .it sad that your selling the shavens but at least you decided to joining us! That’s great now ,its doesn’t get better than this!

well over mind it great that you have came to join us!!

i hope you get time to paint the cd i like to see !! and

im glade for you that you get a chance to get married !

to find someone to share your life with is a great thing most people

have never have this chance !!!

congrades

kera

Slavelord:

... well gotta go and round up some cattle on my kangaroo. ;)

The Snowman
Don't forget to feed your pet Koala, and look out for Drop Bears! :)

Bladed Raven:

Hi, I’ve been thinking of starting a CD army for a long time, mainly because one of my close friends is a CD player. Up until recently I have not had the means to carry out this plan. I know a guy who knows a guy and through this connection I am going to receive a sizable Chaos Dwarf army.

If my contacts are to be trusted (and I have good reason to trust both of them) I will put my hands on it within the next two weeks and it is supposed to be in the 6000 - 8000 point range.

So that said, I am hoping to become a pretty active member of the community.

A little bit about myself: I have a keen interest in Fencing, GW, Jazz, and Painting and my current fantasy armies are:

-Empire

-Dogs of War

-Warriors of Chaos

-and soon Chaos Dwarfs

Cheers,

-BR

“Nevermore…”

Ghrask Dragh:

Sounds excellent, I hope it works out, please feel free to stick around if it doesn’t though :smiley: is your mate on the forum?

Welcome to the site, enjoy :cheers

Bladed Raven:

Thanks for the welcome.

I don’t think that he is on this forum. He was one of the major players during the story wars that took place during the Storm of Chaos Campaign. He was on the old Hand of Hashut forum. Let me tell you: He is one of our gaming groups most respected painters and in my opinion his Chaos Dwarfs are his best work. He is truly one of the Dawi-Zarr.

Even if it doesn’t work out (which as stated before I think it will) I still intend to build a CD army so no worries.

centauro enano:

Hello friends, my name is centauro enano, I’m Spanish so do not write English very well. I like painting, modeling, playing fantasy.

I play with  empire,ogres, dwarves, etc. Now I want to start with dwarves of chaos. a salute to all.  :hat off

Auretious Taak:

Dasterdly Dohicky,
Hey all, my name is Ryan and I'm 15, currently living in Illinois Usa. I've been playing Warhammer40k since i was 11, so i am not new to wargaming. My father is an avid warhammer, warhammer 40k, and bloodbowl player, and after several prods with a Bretonnian lance he has gotten me to start playing warhammer as well. I started a dwarf army, and thats how i fell in love with the stunties; but I've always felt a pull towards chaos AND greenskins, and after seeing a Chaos dwarf tactica online i decided that was the perfect army for me. At the moment I have no chaos dwarf models, so im experimenting with many different army lists and thought the lords of CDO could help me create a masterpiece.
Greetings DD, Welcome aboard< I�?Tve been off in Sojourns bar for a week or two or something I can�?Tt remember, it�?Ts nice up there, full of all sorts of pleasures �?" women, booze, women, slaves to torture, women, booze, did I mention women? �?" and I have otherwise been indisposed. Enjoy the community and work to bring up stuff that is original that will make us all smile.
Wharakx
Hey yall! I just love this site!

I'm 22 year old and living in Belgium. I'm studying to become a teacher in biology and fysics (boring, i know ) and i have my beard for about 5 years already :

I'm playing WH since BFSP and i have an Dwarf army (about 2000 points) and a couple weeks ago i took my brothers army of goblins over (he wanted a new army and he already had the lizardmen, so now he's playing LM and high elves). So going from dwarf and goblin to Chaos Dwarfs is just a small step

So now that i found that the CD are still alive, i'm gonne start building my own army. I've looked at the conversions on the site and i just can't wait to do it myself.

Greetz,
Wharakx
Wharakx, Greetings and welcome to our humble tower of awesome. If you have any questions whatsoever just ask one of us that hangs about, I�?Tm still new here but will do my best and pass you on to someone more qualified if I can�?Tt help out directly.
Hulkster,
Well i managed to find some random CD and I fell in love with the hats and the beards.

So I came here

I am hoping that I can find a way to do some decent conversions, I really really want a way to make CD but keep the large hats.

For the time being I will be searching the site looking for ways to make the hats etc.

oh and Hello
Hey it�?Ts The Hulkster! You better paint your entire army in the colour of the Hulk and have a whole heck of posers to reflect your awesome! And hello to you too.
Happyguy,

Hi guys! My name is Happyguy. I play Lizardmen and Chaos Dwarves. I'll probably also do Orcs and Goblins and Beasts of Chaos.
Happyguy, welcome below, it�?Ts quite pleasant here, can we get you anything to make you feel more at home? You know, if you post more you get more slaves, heck there�?Ts even a bloodbowl voting on the official PC game thread that gets youa bonus 50 slaves, you ALL need to get there, let me find it�?�

Slavelord,

Hello all!!
Just been introduced to the site, but I love it! Ever since GW compiled all their sites into one 'super-sell-everything-we-can-until-they-can't-lift-their-wallets-anymore-store', and the fact that I'm a major 'fluff-bunny', has led me to love the Chaos Dwarfs and their fluff. Just started my army, but it's growing fast.
See you in the forums...
Hey Slavelord, Fluff bunnies are appreciated. If you�?Tre any good at writing prose, then why not submit something to the �?~Word of Hashut�?T CDO (Chaos dwarf Online) Web-zine, use one of the mods as a contact as everything is looked at and considered, the more stuff the better for us all.

The Snowman,
Hello everybody!
Posting my first message from Australia. Have played Brets.. Now have VC. Recently our club started a challenge to paint a new army each. I was such a miser that I decided to go along with a free army book (CD .pdf) and some cheap models form the BfSP set. I have a 2250 list that I am working on. Have all models represented from that list but am still completing conversions. My CD conversions are not completely accurate fluff wise but am enjoying doing them and giving them a unique touch. Chaos Dwarfs seem to be on the rise over here in Australia, recently a fairly large tournament (trialling some new composition scoring) had Chaos Dwarfs take out third spot! Was great to see. Am currently preparing the army for a mid January deadline (First tourney of '09)... well gotta go and round up some cattle on my kangaroo.
Hey Snowman, just because you�?Tre from Australia doesn�?Tt mean the rest of the world or rather the community are stupid, we�?Tre Chaos Dwarves, we are smart and know that YOU�?TRE not riding that kangaroo but your Black Orc and Hobgoblins are! I�?Tm from Aus too and am curious to know which tourney had this and what the list was, cheers. Where are you from in Aus? Sydney here myself, if close we should organise in 5-6 weeks after the semester is done for me a game or something.
Hulkster,

how do you get slaves and what are they?

Don't make me hulk up BROTHER
Slaves are our Currency, you get Slaves for contributing in a positive way to the forums and the site as a whole. You can also get salves by posting but only in area�?Ts where post counts count, as well as through competitions as well as backing the cause for the Chaos Dwarves as the next race for Bloodbowl on PC the expansion to the new game. �S 50 Slaves makes yous mile. Oh and for certain events it costs slaves to enter et al.
the_rat,

Yo, peoples. I'm a long time Skaven player and a Counts player of the last few years. At some point I stumbled across a WarSeer post about CD and became increasingly curious. As I devoured more and more lore, I became completely enraptured and now MUST have an army. I'm even selling some of my Skaven to do it (if you knew me your jaw would drop). This will be my first fully planned army (theme, colors, etc) so I'll get a PL up as soon as I get it going.

K, thx, bye.
The_Rat, congratulations on rising above the yoke of petty slavery, to true slavery. You�?Tll note that unlike yon skaven slaves, our slaves are here willingly as the stupid hob gobs went and saved our asses long ago when the greenskins got fed up and then realised that we were right royal pains in the rear and awesome and well, now they can�?Tt actually go anywhere near other greenskins without being skinned alive, so we are set, eternally set, oh this is fun. Let us know how the army comes along, it shall be glorious I imagine.
Overmind,
Hi, I'm new! I've always wanted a Chaos Dwarf army but due to time, money and GS skill restraints I have never been able to. That however while not changed has been told very solemly that it was getting in my way and if the little voices of sanity and reason didn't shut the hell up I was taking up banging my head against a wall again.

So what to say, what to say........ a good intro can't be rushed you know..... Ahh well I'l ahve to say a few random things then. I've played 40K for 12 years now and played Fantasy off and on throughout, came in perhaps a year and a half ago and am determined to stay!
I have(currently), about 2,500 points of Tomb Kings(my first army), nearly 400 points of wood elves, about 1,000 pts of Dark Elves, some Choas and Beasts as well. Of cousre thats not counting any of the 40K stuff........... So while I really don't have painting time for Chaos Dwarves(yet alone converting time) I am determiend to build one! After all I love the Greenskins, aside from the lack of heavy troops and viable shooting, and I love the Dwarves, excepting their goody two shoes mentality and lack of magic(I love magic). So this army combines my two loves while fixing my complaints agaisnt them! Joyness! And the only doodles I do in my classes these dyas is Chaos Dwarves(not that I'm in any way shape or form a good artist).

Ahem, and to clear this last little thing(I get in trouble occasionally for letting this be a surprise and living where I do it helps to simply say it and get it over with), I'm gay. I'm also engageded and getting married(using those words for shear convinence) next month...........
Hopefully no one kills me for that... :lol:

Great Hasut be praised!
Good evening Overmind, let me be first in saying that being happy is a fine thing indeed but to the context of the word gay you are referring to, who cares? You�?Tre engaged, congratulations from myself and the community as a whole if they so will it from my mouth. I�?Tm straight, I have no problems whatsoever with anybodies sexual preference so long as nothing is illegal and everybody is happy, oh and the U.S. and their stuffed up anti-gay stuff, bloody homophobes those people are and not worth the time of day. Again congratulations on the engagement to you fiancé. �S

Welcome aboard enjoy the community.
Bladed Raven,

Hi, I've been thinking of starting a CD army for a long time, mainly because one of my close friends is a CD player. Up until recently I have not had the means to carry out this plan. I know a guy who knows a guy and through this connection I am going to receive a sizable Chaos Dwarf army.

If my contacts are to be trusted (and I have good reason to trust both of them) I will put my hands on it within the next two weeks and it is supposed to be in the 6000 - 8000 point range.

So that said, I am hoping to become a pretty active member of the community.

A little bit about myself: I have a keen interest in Fencing, GW, Jazz, and Painting and my current fantasy armies are:

-Empire
-Dogs of War
-Warriors of Chaos
-and soon Chaos Dwarfs

Cheers,
-BR
"Nevermore..."
Bladed Raven, greetings and salutations to you. Many wishes on an acquisition of said hoard of hugeness. �S I play the trumpet, I�?Tm not the greatest player, but have played for quite some time, not fantastic at improvisation nor playing especially high or fast but jazz is damned fine to play. Do you play anything?
Hello friends, my name is centauro enano, I'm Spanish so do not write English very well. I like painting, modeling, playing fantasy.
I play with empire,ogres, dwarves, etc. Now I want to start with dwarves of chaos. a salute to all.
centauro enano, hello to you too sir. I have been doing online MMO gaming for the past 3 and a bit years and in that time I�?Tve dealt with many people who don�?Tt speak English well and have even had the honour of being the only non-turkish player ina highly competitive Turkish alliance at ogame.org uni 29 for some time there too, and well, I am used to people not speaking English too well. If you find you are having too much difficulty in writing English properly or to get a point across drop me a PM and we�?Tll see what we can do for you. �S

TO EVERYONE:

I can�?Tt find the link to the forum for voting for The Chaos Dwarves as the Next Bloodbowl team for the PC Expansion of the game due out soon, but someone needs to promote it here in the introductions thread especially with the 50 slaves for 10 minutes of time. Though, as I already enquired, only 1 vote per person, but get your friends to vote also, all the help we can get is appreciated. �S

Have a good evening everybody I must be watching my Leopard Slugs now,

Auretious Taak.