[Archive] Introductions: New members post here!

The Flying Beaver:

Wow, that’s a LOT of warhammer! Welcome to the forum AGPO.

Perturabo:

Hello everyone!

I just registered here after seeing the BFSP conversion videos on another forum. I have been interested in Chaos Dwarves for quite a while, and I intend to start an army of them before too long.

Xander:

Welcome aboard! Expect more video tutorials from me in the future, in the mean time, take a look around. There are plenty of army list and troop discussions which can help you decide what kind of army you’d like to make. Also take a look at the “Compiled” threads at the top of each hobby section, they are packed with links to great conversions. :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Welcome, welcome, welcome. May your armies be as large as your hats and your slaves be as willing as to die for you as your enemies.

Warlord:

I’m Warlord.

You may know me from a few other forums - namely Warhammer-Empire.

Chaos Dwarfs were my second army I ever bought troops for, (Empire being the first) and Xanders conversion article for the BfSP has re-inspired me to look at my neglected evil stunties.

See you on the Forums.

Xander:

Welcome! May you help advance the cause of Hashut once more!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Heyyo Warlord! Glad to see you’re with us!

FatOlaf:

Hello All

FatOLaf here.

I used to have a Cd army in the late 80’s and had great success with them. Having started playing WFB again last year I quickly built up some armies, mainly my VC and LM.

But a while ago I was looking through some old boxes and found my old box of plastic CD, the wizard and the old army book. This inspired me to start again(and forget about all the old mins i gave away) and using Ebay I have started to aquire a small force, I am aiming to get a 1000 points army by the summer.

I am hoping to gleen some good advice and tactics on this site for the good ole Evil stunties!

Lord Zarkov:

Welcome to the forum!

Xander:

There are plenty of good lists in the Army Lists section. Plenty of tactics are kicking about as well. :slight_smile:

Welcome!

Nemo:

Hi:hat off

I’m Nemo. I’ve been playing Warhammer for about 7 years now and have ammassed High & Wood Elf armies along with a Dwarf Pirate army that is still in progress.

I decided on the Chaos Dwarfs when considering a submarine unit for my Dwarfs like the Nautilus (hence the name Nemo). The idea sort of spiralled out of hand and now I plan to make a whole army of corrupted/possesed Dwarfs who have turned to a deity of one of the Chaos gods after spending too long underwater.

Hope to get some advice on how to convert all this and how to form a decent Chaos Dwarf list!

Cheers

Nemo

Xander:

That’s certainly an original idea if I ever heard one!

Welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

Grimstonefire:

You have to do Chaos Dwarf Pirates Nemo, that would be the most awesome army ever!

You could have them as pirate slave raiders for the fluff.

Oh, welcome btw :slight_smile:

Nemo:

You have to do Chaos Dwarf Pirates Nemo, that would be the most awesome army ever!
That's what I intend to do, but with a steampunk twist *rubs hands evilly*
You could have them as pirate slave raiders for the fluff.
That would make sense, rising from the depths only to take slaves to fuel the huge engines needed for the Nautilus. I'll write up some fluff soon.

Thanks for your help and the warm welcomes :cheers

Cheers

Nemo (your resident Pirate Chaos Dwarf)

Lord Zarkov:

Welcome to the Forum!

Slaver_of_Zharr:

hi! im new to chaos dwarves (dont have an army at all:0) though i first heard about them 2-and-a-half years ago from a friend who came to visit us while we were sailing (my family was doing a circumnavigation of the world at the time) who said that they had been given an army for Storm of Chaos (unfortunately that turned out to be false, he’d been misled by the appearence of the hellcannon) but all the same i became very interested in the chaos dwarves. at the time i had just begun to give thought to a fantasy army as the 40k rules had been changed while we were sailing and i thought it would be a good time to start over.

ive collected a vampire counts army since then though(very slowly due to limited funds and now most of my money is going towards a new computer so there will only be the odd purchase, meaning i wont have enough money for a new army) but i have begun to give thought to trying out a few conversions and (very) slowly build up an army.

i found this site a few days ago when i was browsing the internet for more sites with information on the chaos dwarves

AGPO:

Sounds good, make sure you check out all of Xander’s BfSP conversions to get a quick way of building the core of a Chaos Dwarf Army. Building an army on a budget is hard but there are ways round it. Also, check out Kyte’s army blog to find out how to build unbelievably cheap bolt throwers for under �1 ($0.50 US)

Hashut’s Blessing:

Welcome and ahoy matey! I be the Blessing of Hashut Himself, so ya need a favour, just ask! And Captain Nemo, I have little use for slaves, so any I don’t sacrifice, you can trade for to use as fuel!

Zod:

Hi everyone,

I’ve been out of gaming for a good while, but have come back to the fold recently. Chaos Dwarfs have always been the race that attracted me most, so I decided to take the plunge and start collecting them. I’m caught up in other things at the moment (work and some major life changes), but I will be getting to work on units soon.

That’s about it for the moment. I’ll be reading everything I can for the next while so that I can ask not-dumb questions. Then, there will be questions!

Take it easy all.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Welcome Zod. May your minions beat Superman FOR you. Also, good luck with the changes etc. Glad to know you’re coming back to the hobby and with CD no less!