[Archive] Iron Daemon. 1223 Rivets

Abecedar:

Just in the process (slow) of painting my Iron Daemon and out of curiosity I started counting rivets. My total, barring mistakes came to 1223. Anyone else silly enough to count the blessed things?

Nicodemus:

Anyone else silly enough to count the blessed things?

Abecedar
Not a chance! And equally importantly, is there anyone silly enough to highlight every single one of them, individually, by hand?

vulcanologist:

Blimey! Didn’t even notice them when I painted mine!

rabotak:

well, i did not really highlight them because i’m lightyears away from being a pro painter but i actually did paint them all white (you can check in my showcase thread!) …the same procedure for my magma cannon, but i dont have any pictures yet :sick

Abecedar:

am part way through highlighting them, does that make me doubly silly?

Ugly Green Trog:

Can’t picture em off hand are they “nubbin” rivets or orky style big rivets? I usually try to highlight rivets but this seems like a lot. perhaps I’ll only highlight the more prominent ones when I get mine.

cornixt:

Rivetting stuff.

Painting them, counting them, someone actually sculpted them or stuck them onto the original model in the first place!

Abecedar:

My mistake I counted the four nubs for the steps. So The count now stands at 1219 Rivets and it can stay there unless someone else is silly enough to do it 'cause I won’t be, not a second time at least

rabotak:

you counted them twice? :o

Nicodemus:

I can’t believe you counted wrong. For shame!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Neil:

you counted them twice? :o

rabotak
No I think he has just subtracted 4 from his previous total. Counting them once sounds like it would be more than enough

Bolg:

I demand a recount! d:

Abecedar:

Hey Bolg, you are very welcome to come and visit to count them yourself but going cross-eyed once is enough for me