[Archive] Iron Daemon and shooting

jaegerbomb77:

So i know there has been some threads on the iron daemon but i can not a find anything on shooting.

so does it use the BS3 from the CD?

“shoots like a cannon”, does this mean no long range?

if i move do i get a penalty for moving?

example: enemy unit is 18" away, i move to get within 18", do i hit on 5’s or 6’s?

KramDratta:

So i know there has been some threads on the iron daemon but i can not a find anything on shooting.

jaegerbomb77
This post has more details.
so does it use the BS3 from the CD?
Yes
"shoots like a cannon", does this mean no long range?
No, long range penalty still applies.
if i move do i get a penalty for moving?
No, but if you use the 2D6" move you can't shoot.
example: enemy unit is 18" away, i move to get within 18", do i hit on 5's or 6's?
5's

Da Crusha:

"shoots like a cannon", does this mean no long range?

jaegerbomb77
I dont recall seeing anything like this.

Ender SpiteSworn:

You can still shoot after you, “engauge the boiler” for the extra movement. Just not if you hit something of course.

KramDratta:

You can still shoot after you, "engauge the boiler" for the extra movement.  Just not if you hit something of course.

Ender SpiteSworn
I'm not sure this is correct.

Under Lumbering and Unstoppable it states that "It may move normally up to its Move distance and fire its weapons without penalty while doing so. Alternately, it may choose to engage its steam boiler's power and move faster"

Wouldn't this mean that it can eithe move 6" and shoot or engage boiler and move 6+2d6 inches directly forwards?

Thommy H:

Correct.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Ender SpiteSworn:

huh I always thought that statement was just intended to let you know you do not have the -1 move and shoot penalty.   That makes all the text about the “accidental” charge ramifications, totally pointless. So im still not sure I buy it. There is no reason at all not to declare a charge if there is something within 18".   Why create the rules about accidental charging as engaging the boilers has all the exact same effects as a failed charge if you do not hit someone, and if you do its bad news? Its just creates a whole layer of rules for no reason.

KramDratta:

That makes all the text about the "accidental" charge ramifications, totally pointless. So im still not sure I buy it. There is no reason at all not to declare a charge if there is something within 18".   Why create the rules about accidental charging as engaging the boilers has all the exact same effects as a failed charge if you do not hit someone, and if you do its bad news?  Its just creates a whole layer of rules for no reason.

Ender SpiteSworn
You can declare to use the boiler, yet not 'charge' an enemy unit. You do the impact hits as normal & they gain ASF. The difference is that they do not have a charge reaction.