[Archive] Iron Demon Conversion:� � I think I can, I think I can (WIP)

Glimpse the Void:

Greetings Lords of flame and shadow, It’s been to long since I’ve got to share what I’ve been up to as I’ve just kept to busy.  I’m really excited about this conversion so I wanted to see what you all thought about it.

I converted this from one of my three year old’s Thomas the train toys, it still needs the blades I want coming off the wheels, crew, and the tusks.  I’m excited about it so  far so I thought I’d share.  I intend to keep the toy face, because it amuses me.  I’m interested in what you guys think and appreciate any constructive criticism you may have to offer.  Sorry about the bad pictures, I’ll try and take some better ones when it’s all done.

and before the spray paint

Thanks for looking, I hope to do some updating soon.

sheogorath:

things are about to get pretty terrifying in Sodor.

Abecedar:

Are you going to have multiple fit-outs for from this point on?. So it could be either the cannon version or the a skullcracker

Glimpse the Void:

Are you going to have multiple fit-outs for from this point on?.  So it could be either the cannon version or the a skullcracker

Abecedar
I thought about it, but I aready run as much artilery as can be friendly. I'll probally just go for the skull cracker.

Marduk:

I like the conversion but what does your 3 year old think about what you’ve done to his toy?:o

Glimpse the Void:

He thought it was really cool when I showed him this morning. He loves chaos dwarves and warhammer in general. He was a little disappointed when I explained that I had taken one of his trains, and I agree it was a poor move, but out of the 20 or so trains (not exaggerating) I took one that was not one of the 8 or so he plays with regularly and told him that Dad got him a lot of trains and hoped he would be ok with sharing one with me. He seemed to agree that this made sense and we had a lot of fun laying out his track today and setting up two or three trains and an Iron Demon to go around and around. Yes, the conversion still has all its moving parts.

cornixt:

I did something similar:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9666

Glimpse the Void:

I did something similar:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9666

cornixt
lol nice. My boy was on my lap when I was looking at this and he went "HEY!" cause he thought I had taken more trains.

Abecedar:

Sooner or later, probably when you have fully finished converting and painting it, he is going to say “Yeh But its my train”. and you start all over again

Glimpse the Void:

Oh no, he understands that it was his in the past tense. Besides he stuck a bunch of maruader arms and a burst canon on his thomas so he’s good to go.