[Archive] ironback boar

rabotak:

hi there!

my subject is the ironback boar, as everyone knows a chaos dwarf invention

traded to and magic item usable by O&G, being existant since 3d or 4th edition ( also btw taking part in the nemesis crown fluff HoH created with da Warpath)…

so my first question is

did anyone you know or heard of spend a thought on why CDs dont use this in my point of view interesting creation?

are there conversions yet?

do you think it could be an appropriate mount for maybe CD heroes, lords,

hobgoblin chiefs?

and more less of matter

do you think GW could have an interest in introducing them to a possible

new CD army list? (although i dont see why they should…)

cheers:cheers

wallacer:

I think there was only one of them made, and that was a favour for some important Orc (which presumably is why it is a Boar rather than a horse or a wolf).

Since CD themselves don’t have cavalry they probably wouldn’t bother making more, since the only people they have who could really use them would be the Hobgoblin cav (and who wants to spend a lot of time making something impressive like a Razorback Boar for a Hobgoblin, really?)

Malificant:

the chaos dwarves make all sorts of creations. the ironback rhinox, the ironback boar, black orcs, etc. they dont use it cuz they got the great taurus and thats all we need!

Ghrask Dragh:

Very good questions.

I think it’s another idea that sets Chaos Dwarfs apart from their Eastern cousins, Dwarf cavalry just isn’t right and putting them on mechanical animals would just look too evil for them IMO, but not us.��

did anyone you know or heard of spend a thought on why CDs dont use this in my point of view interesting creation?
Chaos Dwarfs do this alot, the Ogres have some of our creations aswell. Fear not though, there is no fluff on Chaos Dwarfs anywhere in recent times so theres no reason think we don’t keep and use these items ourselves, it would be foolish not to use them… have GW written themselves into a corner here or is there underlying intent? hmm …think about it!!
do you think it could be an appropriate mount for maybe CD heroes, lords,

hobgoblin chiefs?
I would imagine it would be a good Lord/hero mount but no Hobgoblins or sorcerers!

I would like to see these sort of things if CD are going to be re-done, it would give them another unique feature which is one thing that attracts people to armies, especially newbies! Hopefully they would be done as a unit instead of a individual character’s steed though.

AGPO:

I don’t think it would be used by chaos dwarfs, it was created for orcs just as leadbelcher cannons and the mechanical rhinox were createed for ogres and the hellcannons for Archaon. If it were to be used it would be by slave cavalry - black orc Ironsides or some such thing - but theres nothing to stop you making it and using it as a counts as bull centaur

Grimstonefire:

I was thinking only last night it would be cool to have a unit of Black Orcs on Ironbacks.

As others have said, I think they would be made for demand. So we probably wouln’t use them ourselves, but might have hundreds or thousands in some warehouse waiting to be sold.

It would be fun for someone to come up with a list for Dark Land Orcs, bringing in an eastern theme and their link with the CD. I plan to redo my 'Ard Boyz list based on this theme.

rabotak:

[ quote=Ghrask Dragh ]Hopefully they would be done as a unit instead of a individual character’s steed though.[ /quote ]

I thought about that, but I�m not quite sure if it would work… imagine a front of 5 ironbacks, 5D3 S5impact hits + 5 S5 +5 S4 attacks (assuming the use of gws), combined with HA and boarback AS which makes an armour save of 3+ … sound neat though, maybe a 0-1 option, combined with WR and BCs… on the other hand that would easily make a cav army out of CDs, which is probably not a very popular option… I�d like it though:)

rabotak:

hmm… the quote thingy didn�t work out as i hoped:)

hal:

hmm... the quote thingy didn�t work out as i hoped
It's because you have a space between the '[' and 'quote'. If you go to a full reply as opposed to a quick one it'll do it for you at the touch of a button.

rabotak:

thanks hal it worked :cheers

gIL^:

atm im waiting for the new juggernaut, buy 4 and put leadbelcher cannons and chaos dwarfs on the back and use them as lead belchers, how awesome would that be

Kera foehunter:

Agpo there you go a metal boar centaur!!