For those of you who have been on CDO for a while, I’m sure you’ll remember what is possibly (probably) the finest earthshaker conversion ever done by Mr Ishkur Cinderhat. I remember seeing somewhere the WIP shots of it but of course I can’t find them anymore. Would anyone be able to point me towards an old link or, if someone has them, repost the pics? Specifically I’m interested in how he made the warmachine frame if that helps.
As I’ve not been around here as long, I wasn’t familiar with this. After seeing the first picture, I took this to be a modification on the GW Hellcannon mini. Getting a better look at this though, I can see that this is not the case. Aside from the dwarves and the chains holding it in place, was anything else from the hellcannon used? I really like the appearance of the beaten metal. I guess whoever beat the metal on this thing must be even MORE brutal when beating their slaves!
I’ve often wondered when people make their own creations like this if they ever feel like making multiples so they can have a spare either to sell off or keep just in case, but in this case I guess it wasn’t feasible since most of the work did not revolve around finding the right pieces, but in working green stuff to mold this into the creation that it became.
Woohoo! Since I have access to the man himself - Ishkur, do you remember how you made the frame of the machine itself? I recall you said you made it out of sprue and I’m guessing it is two-sprue thick? It is the side triangle pieces I’m most curious about actually. Did you make a triangle (the mortar’s side support pieces) out of sprue and just fill it with green-stuff? Somehow I suspect that is not what you did but I’m not sure what your other solution would have been.
Hm! So I never showed the WIP stages? Strange… well at least I still have pictures of the finished conversion.
I used a plastic light bulb frame as the cannon, this came from the DIY store and cost like 2 EUR or so. A lot of the frame was done in resin and then covered in green stuff which got my usual hammered look treatment much like the Shatterer Beast or the armour on the Taurus. A few plastic bits from different GW kits were used for details. The bull heads on the sides were leftovers from an earlier project of mine where I had sculpted shoulder armour for space marines of the Minotaurs chapter. The chains and crewmen are from the Hellcannon, ordered back in the days when you could still purchase separate bits from the GW online store.